Duke Williams elevated from the Practice Squad for tomorrow's game

Big Turk

Btw can we give Duke a break on the TD he didn’t catch last year? It should not define him. Players evolve. Lots of players made mistakes in that game that they have improved upon this year. I guarantee it’s been on his mind every day since and he’s burning to get redemption. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

A lot of Duke hate, rightfully so for the one big miss he had in the playoffs last year, but  if he’s out there as a huge red zone target/mismatch, it’s not that bad, I trust him to catch a ball more than “The walking penalty” Lee Smith.  Maybe they have been giving him reps as a hybrid TE?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Btw can we give Duke a break on the TD he didn’t catch last year? It should not define him. Players evolve. Lots of players made mistakes in that game that they have improved upon this year. I guarantee it’s been on his mind every day since and he’s burning to get redemption. 

No, never forget his drop! What the infatuation is with a WR who runs the 40 in a week and a half is beyond reason.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Amen. There was plenty of blame to go around in that game, from John Brown not getting his feet down at the 2 yard line on a pass from Allen, to Dion Dawkins completely wiffing on a block on a linebacker leading to a hit on Allen and a fumble, to Dawson Knox and Cody Ford running right by a single defender in OT that would have allowed Allen to run at least to the Houston 25 yard line, and many more in between. Williams was far from alone in failing to make a play he should have. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Duke was elevated to give him a Playoff Game check for all his hard work on practice squad.

Duke was elevated in the event Beasley could not go.  That was the only reason.

Since he can go - Duke is inactive.

Edited by Rochesterfan

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The so called mistake was a difficult catch while getting hit mid torso (on really tight coverage) on a fast ball by Josh. Only an elite receiver catches that. which is exactly what we know Duke isnt.  I'm not sure why fans expected him to catch it or even call it a drop especially when he had only played in a handful of games last year. The hate for this guy is bizarre.

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

The so called mistake was a difficult catch while getting hit mid torso (on really tight coverage) on a fast ball by Josh. Only an elite receiver catches that. which is exactly what we know Duke isnt.  I'm not sure why fans expected him to catch it or even call it a drop especially when he had only played in a handful of games last year. The hate for this guy is bizarre.

It was a straight up drop in the EZ.  One his 3 drops on the day.  He's good at Canadian football though...