Neither Tasker nor Bennett make it to HOF Finalist list of 15

Big Turk

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

And did you know who played before Tasker and caused the NFL to make a Pro Bowl spot for special teamers? I doubt it unless were a Cowboys fan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bates

Tasker should be thanking him tbh.

seems like that dude should be in canton first...great history lesson and thx! 

Also ask any non Bills fan if you’d rather Mel Gray or Tasker, who was far more of a game changer imo, for his team. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Why? Tasker played 169 career regular season NFL games. How many would you honestly say he alone was a game changer for? I honestly don't know but think 16 is a high estimate which is less than 10% of his career. I'm sorry he played well and maybe was arguably the best at his position but just a role player at most. I've compared him to the best career pinch hitter in the MLB who I can't name off the top of my head and pretty sure they aren't a HOFer.

Honestly I do not think no matter what facts presented you will dismiss them.  Same thing which occurs with some sports writers which is why he is not in Hall of Fame.

Only a little bit of research would have multiple coaches and players have stated they treated Tasker like they treated him like a #1 DE or WR assigning multiple players to block. They actually made rule changes to lesson his impact to game.

12 hours ago, Big74Mac said:

There are some guys on that list that should never make the hall much less be on this list. Total crime Tasker is not on this list. 

Boselli to me is a very hard sell.  Most others I get but Boselli really only have a few good seasons and never struck me as a dominant player.

2 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Boselli to me is a very hard sell.  Most others I get but Boselli really only have a few good seasons and never struck me as a dominant player.

Boselli was the best at his position before he got injured. That said I don't think his career was long enough to be a Hall of Famer. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Honestly I do not think no matter what facts presented you will dismiss them.  Same thing which occurs with some sports writers which is why he is not in Hall of Fame.

Only a little bit of research would have multiple coaches and players have stated they treated Tasker like they treated him like a #1 DE or WR assigning multiple players to block. They actually made rule changes to lesson his impact to game.

im too young to remember tasker... what kinds of things did they change for him? ive always read this but never heard specifically what they changed

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

im too young to remember tasker... what kinds of things did they change for him? ive always read this but never heard specifically what they changed

As example they used to use three man blocking teams on special teams (illegal currently) to stop Tasker. 

So to get around this Tasker would run along sideline out of bounds and then reenter and still be able make tackle.

To get all of the rule changes would need copy of rules before and after but I lost them between many computers.

4 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Still wish they coached Tasker up to play safety, at least in a reserve role. Hard time convincing me he wouldn’t have been good. He was underrated as a receiver. Then he’d be in the Hall as a three position player. 

Yes.  There was a game he played against Jets where they used him as WR due to injuries and he was unstoppable until a player deliberately lowered his helmet and hit his knee.

20 years ago (?) I had 2 websites when Tasker was eligible for Hall of Fame. One was taken down by Cox when they decided to not support customer websites (price did not go down despite it being part of what they advertised) and another free website closed down.  A friend of Steve's told me he saw it and appreciated it but Steve is not a self promoter.

Still have backup (not latest copy) of website here:

https://members.tripod.com/g_host/st_index.html

I have not updated it in years.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Boselli was the best at his position before he got injured. That said I don't think his career was long enough to be a Hall of Famer. 

I thought Boselli was absolutely dominant. The best in the game for a 5 year stretch. 

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Can somebody elaborate a bit what was so special about Tasker? I had no idea football even existed at 90s, so I really don't know. I've read many times here how he changed the way how special teams play but I have no idea in what way.

Do you know what a gunner is?

He was the best gunner the league has ever seen.

He should get it for that reason alone.

• Thank you (+1) 1