GMFB-Brandon Beane wins Executive GM of the year

HOUSE

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

ProFootballTalk has him as executive of the year this year, but reads as though it's their executive of the year not the official award. Well deserved either way

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/05/executive-of-the-year-brandon-beane/

ProFootballTalk gets a vote and they gave Beane a vote.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Thanks for finding this.  You can see some of the posters who like to fancy themselves as experts really show that they truly know football much less than they like to pretend they know football.

I battled these clowns for years on this board and they had this undying belief that Beane screwed things up by dismantling the previous regime's team in order to build the team they saw fit and that McDermott was Jauron part deux.  Remember that?   

Beane and McDermott as I said then had every right to build the franchise as he envisioned.  This was their chance at building a franchise and just like Sinatra They were going to do it their way.

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
I saw it through, without exemption

I planned each chartered course
Each careful step along the by-way
And more, much more than this
I did it, my way

Yes, there were times
I'm sure you knew
When I bit off, more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all, and I stood tall
And did it my way

They cut bait with Watkins, Dareus, Legendary JAG Jonathan Williams, Darby and others and these guys cried every step of the way.  They were certain to attempt to remind everyone on this board anytime any of those players had good plays that it was the wrong decision.   History has shown that the McBeane made the correct decisions and not one person can come close to attempting to justify that any of those players were worth the value that they got on the open market with the possible exception of Darby.  But even Darby, these guys know how to find capable DB's that fit the system and play at a high level.

And remember when some posters used to call McDermott - Jauron?  That he was a "conservative" coach?  I argued it's not that he is a conservative coach it's that you have to justify your play calling based off the team and trust with the players you have at that moment.  Of course you are going to be more conservative with your play calling if you have less talent on that side of the ball.   As the talent improved, guess what happened?  The play calling and boldness opened up along with the tolerance for risk.   For crying out loud, we did a fake punt in NE, in prime time, early in the game.   Yeah, those posters were wrong, McDermott isn't conservative, he just makes decisions that are appropriate for the team he has to play with, whatever that may be.

I was a big fan of Beane right from the beginning.  I can't find that article for anything but it was one that was written about him as soon as he was hired.  It was a detailed piece on him on how methodical his decision making process is and after I read that piece I was convinced that this is the SORT OF GM that we needed.  Wasn't a guarantee that it would work out because at the end of the day he needed to be able to evaluate talent and make the appropriate decisions with those evaluations.   He also has done a phenomenal job in surrounding himself with great talent evaluators which shows you how sure he is of himself, guys that could be called on to take his job if he faltered.  He in my book is the best GM in the league, he showed it in year one and he continues to do so to this very day.

I am thankful that he and McDermott have built this culture of success.   They get Buffalo and they get football. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Thanks for finding this.  You can see some of the posters who like to fancy themselves as experts really show that they truly know football much less than they like to pretend they know football.

I battled these clowns for years on this board and they had this undying belief that Beane screwed things up by dismantling the previous regime's team in order to build the team they saw fit and that McDermott was Jauron part deux.  Remember that?   

Beane and McDermott as I said then had every right to build the franchise as he envisioned.  This was their chance at building a franchise and just like Sinatra They were going to do it their way.

They cut bait with Watkins, Dareus, Legendary JAG Jonathan Williams, Darby and others and these guys cried every step of the way.  They were certain to attempt to remind everyone on this board anytime any of those players had good plays that it was the wrong decision.   History has shown that the McBeane made the correct decisions and not one person can come close to attempting to justify that any of those players were worth the value that they got on the open market with the possible exception of Darby.  But even Darby, these guys know how to find capable DB's that fit the system and play at a high level.

And remember when some posters used to call McDermott - Jauron?  That he was a "conservative" coach?  I argued it's not that he is a conservative coach it's that you have to justify your play calling based off the team and trust with the players you have at that moment.  Of course you are going to be more conservative with your play calling if you have less talent on that side of the ball.   As the talent improved, guess what happened?  The play calling and boldness opened up along with the tolerance for risk.   For crying out loud, we did a fake punt in NE, in prime time, early in the game.   Yeah, those posters were wrong, McDermott isn't conservative, he just makes decisions that are appropriate for the team he has to play with, whatever that may be.

I was a big fan of Beane right from the beginning.  I can't find that article for anything but it was one that was written about him as soon as he was hired.  It was a detailed piece on him on how methodical his decision making process is and after I read that piece I was convinced that this is the SORT OF GM that we needed.  Wasn't a guarantee that it would work out because at the end of the day he needed to be able to evaluate talent and make the appropriate decisions with those evaluations.   He also has done a phenomenal job in surrounding himself with great talent evaluators which shows you how sure he is of himself, guys that could be called on to take his job if he faltered.  He in my book is the best GM in the league, he showed it in year one and he continues to do so to this very day.

I am thankful that he and McDermott have built this culture of success.   They get Buffalo and they get football. 

Merry belated Christmas Magox.

• Like (+1) 1