Jump to content

What is your expectation for the Bills in the playoffs?


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

How I see it playing?

 

Beat the Cl0ts

Beat the Steelers

 

take our chances against the Ravens or Chiefs.  There is a decent chance the Bills can beat those teams, especially the Ravens.  Decent chance they lose too... in which case, I would still consider this season a smashing success.

 

And I think they beat the Packers or Saints right now.

 

 

And no, I dont have to take things one game at a time.  Im not a player or coach on the team.

Take our chances against the Ravens? Decent chance of beating them?

 

People, we won 13 games, are a top 2 team in this league, and one of the favorites to win the superbowl. Anything other than a loss to KC or trip to the SB is a huge disappointment.

 

The bills are legitimate, ****ing get over it. 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my realistic expectation at this point is a super bowl title and i think thats perfectly reasonable..... One and done would be a complete failure. I guess i would live with anything in between the 2.

Beat the Colts.   Go from there.   Big picture; this team is a legit contender. One game at a time.

Expectation for the Bills - Meet KC in the AFCCG and let the chips fall where they may. 

Just now, Process said:

Take our chances against the Ravens? Decent chance of beating them?

 

People, we won 13 games, are a top 2 team in this league, and one of the favorites to win the superbowl. Anything other than a loss to KC or trip to the SB is a huge disappointment.

 

The bills are legitimate, ****ing get over it. 

I know they are legitimate.... But the Ravens are a good team too, well coached, they have some athletes, and have been peaking lately.  Very dangerous.  The Chiefs, same thing but a little better and championship pedigree.  You would also have to remember that we would see a Ravens team who won at Tennessee and then at Kansas City as well as their close to the season.  

 

Decent chance of beating either team is a pretty strong statement IMO.  I would take them as a pretty heavy favorite against everyone else in the AFC Field, although Derrick Henry makes me a little nervous.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Obviously we all want the bills in the superbowl, and Imo they're good enough to get there, but we all know anything can happen any given week

 

That being said, what are your realistic expectations? For me, I say afc championship game. At the start of the season, winning the division and winning a playoff game was my hope. I thought the bills would finish 10-6 or maybe 11-5. They exceeded mine (and everyone's) expectations. Let's go Bills! Let's do this. 

I want a shot at KC in the AFCCG anything less ( to me personally) would be a disappointment , 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Expectation for the Bills - Meet KC in the AFCCG and let the chips fall where they may. 

Same.  

 

At the start of the season, I would have been happy with a division title and winning a playoff game.  This team is significantly better than I thought they would be, so expectations go up.  We're at least the second-best team in the AFC and not really any weaker than the Chiefs -- no reason why we shouldn't be playing for a super bowl berth.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Process said:

Take our chances against the Ravens? Decent chance of beating them?

 

People, we won 13 games, are a top 2 team in this league, and one of the favorites to win the superbowl. Anything other than a loss to KC or trip to the SB is a huge disappointment.

 

The bills are legitimate, ****ing get over it. 

 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Super Bowl Victory.  That is what the team expects at this point why shouldn't the Fans?

 

This. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Obviously we all want the bills in the superbowl, and Imo they're good enough to get there, but we all know anything can happen any given week

 

That being said, what are your realistic expectations? For me, I say afc championship game. At the start of the season, winning the division and winning a playoff game was my hope. I thought the bills would finish 10-6 or maybe 11-5. They exceeded mine (and everyone's) expectations. Let's go Bills! Let's do this. 

Reaching the AFC Championship game is my expectation. If Chiefs stumble by any chance and dont get to that game (slim probability), then Bills will go to the Superbowl. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where I am:

 

It would be a massive shock, sudden thud, and terrible disappointment if we lose to the Colts in the first home playoff game in 25 years, in front of fans.

 

If we advance and play the Steelers, I will expect to win and be disappointed if we lose, but it would still be a season to be proud of. After all, the team's preseason goals were met.

 

If we advance and play the Chiefs, I will feel it's a toss-up game and will be proud of the team no matter what happens.

 

If we advance and play the Packers, Bucs, or Saints, I will expect to win and be massively crushed if we lose. If we end up in the Super Bowl after all of this, we need to win it. Just win it.

 

Ultimately, I believe we have every bit as much of a chance as any other team to win the Super Bowl. The situation couldn't get much better. The team will probably never be better. This could be the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the season started I was hoping for 10-6 or 11-5 and a playoff win.  Given the roll this team has been on over the previous weeks, I'd be really disappointed if they aren't making noise in the AFC-CG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Obviously we all want the bills in the superbowl, and Imo they're good enough to get there, but we all know anything can happen any given week

 

That being said, what are your realistic expectations? For me, I say afc championship game. At the start of the season, winning the division and winning a playoff game was my hope. I thought the bills would finish 10-6 or maybe 11-5. They exceeded mine (and everyone's) expectations. Let's go Bills! Let's do this. 

The team is good enough that they should make it to the AFC Championship game, should being the key word. Only that far because that's as far as they can get without KC losing and that I'd say is a toss up. Everyone else this team is better and should win, but that's why we play the games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given where we are right now -- after the regular season, taking into account how all the playoffs teams are playing, injury situations, etc. -- we are right there with a group of just 4 teams:

- KC

- GB

- NO

- Bills

So my expectation is that a game against any of those other 3 teams would be a real dogfight, but that if things play according to form (and they never do -- weird bounces, bad penalty calls, snowstorms, etc.) we ought to make it to at least the AFC Championship game. And I hope beyond ...

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The team is good enough that they should make it to the AFC Championship game, should being the key word. Only that far because that's as far as they can get without KC losing and that I'd say is a toss up. Everyone else this team is better and should win, but that's why we play the games.

you beat me too it

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll add to the chorus of AFCCG.

 

Like others, I'm actually expecting the Super Bowl - which is weird to even say, but I'm getting used to it.

 

But the AFCCG won't be a cakewalk, and a game like that - likely at KC - can go either way.  It may even come down to whoever has the ball last. I hope it happens - I think it would be a really fun game, though nerve-wracking.

 

KC also has more big game experience right now, which gives them an advantage. 

 

Anything short of the AFCCG would be disappointing, of course.  Right now, I'm mainly focused on breaking the "other" drought, and getting that 1st playoff win.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills can beat anyone if they play like they have since the "hail Mary" game. This is uncharted waters for us. Until we see the defense stop quality offenses in a playoff scenario, we can't be sure about a long run. There is greater confidence in this scary offense that teams seem dumbfounded by and is putting up prolific yardage and scoring numbers. I like the matchup vs Indy. Rivers looks less mobile and if we can play tough run defense w/ Milano now healthy, it will be tough for them. If Pitt beats Cleveland, that will be a bigger challenge, but it's a better matchup than the Ravens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Success said:

I'll add to the chorus of AFCCG.

 

Like others, I'm actually expecting the Super Bowl - which is weird to even say, but I'm getting used to it.

 

But the AFCCG won't be a cakewalk, and a game like that - likely at KC - can go either way.  It may even come down to whoever has the ball last. I hope it happens - I think it would be a really fun game, though nerve-wracking.

 

KC also has more big game experience right now, which gives them an advantage. 

 

Anything short of the AFCCG would be disappointing, of course.  Right now, I'm mainly focused on breaking the "other" drought, and getting that 1st playoff win.

 

 

What do the 4 top teams have?

- Mahomes

- Brees

- Rodgers

- Allen

Yep. Elite QBs. Our old friend TB12 could sneak up on someone, but I think the Bucs are just too erratic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...