What is your expectation for the Bills in the playoffs?

Steptide

7 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

How I see it playing?

Beat the Cl0ts

Beat the Steelers

take our chances against the Ravens or Chiefs.  There is a decent chance the Bills can beat those teams, especially the Ravens.  Decent chance they lose too... in which case, I would still consider this season a smashing success.

And I think they beat the Packers or Saints right now.

And no, I dont have to take things one game at a time.  Im not a player or coach on the team.

Take our chances against the Ravens? Decent chance of beating them?

People, we won 13 games, are a top 2 team in this league, and one of the favorites to win the superbowl. Anything other than a loss to KC or trip to the SB is a huge disappointment.

The bills are legitimate, ****ing get over it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

People, we won 13 games, are a top 2 team in this league, and one of the favorites to win the superbowl. Anything other than a loss to KC or trip to the SB is a huge disappointment.

I know they are legitimate.... But the Ravens are a good team too, well coached, they have some athletes, and have been peaking lately.  Very dangerous.  The Chiefs, same thing but a little better and championship pedigree.  You would also have to remember that we would see a Ravens team who won at Tennessee and then at Kansas City as well as their close to the season.  

Decent chance of beating either team is a pretty strong statement IMO.  I would take them as a pretty heavy favorite against everyone else in the AFC Field, although Derrick Henry makes me a little nervous.  

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Obviously we all want the bills in the superbowl, and Imo they're good enough to get there, but we all know anything can happen any given week

That being said, what are your realistic expectations? For me, I say afc championship game. At the start of the season, winning the division and winning a playoff game was my hope. I thought the bills would finish 10-6 or maybe 11-5. They exceeded mine (and everyone's) expectations. Let's go Bills! Let's do this. 

I want a shot at KC in the AFCCG anything less ( to me personally) would be a disappointment , 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Expectation for the Bills - Meet KC in the AFCCG and let the chips fall where they may. 

Same.  

At the start of the season, I would have been happy with a division title and winning a playoff game.  This team is significantly better than I thought they would be, so expectations go up.  We're at least the second-best team in the AFC and not really any weaker than the Chiefs -- no reason why we shouldn't be playing for a super bowl berth.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Process said:

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Super Bowl Victory.  That is what the team expects at this point why shouldn't the Fans?

This. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Obviously we all want the bills in the superbowl, and Imo they're good enough to get there, but we all know anything can happen any given week

That being said, what are your realistic expectations? For me, I say afc championship game. At the start of the season, winning the division and winning a playoff game was my hope. I thought the bills would finish 10-6 or maybe 11-5. They exceeded mine (and everyone's) expectations. Let's go Bills! Let's do this. 

Reaching the AFC Championship game is my expectation. If Chiefs stumble by any chance and dont get to that game (slim probability), then Bills will go to the Superbowl. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

This is where I am:

It would be a massive shock, sudden thud, and terrible disappointment if we lose to the Colts in the first home playoff game in 25 years, in front of fans.

If we advance and play the Steelers, I will expect to win and be disappointed if we lose, but it would still be a season to be proud of. After all, the team's preseason goals were met.

If we advance and play the Chiefs, I will feel it's a toss-up game and will be proud of the team no matter what happens.

If we advance and play the Packers, Bucs, or Saints, I will expect to win and be massively crushed if we lose. If we end up in the Super Bowl after all of this, we need to win it. Just win it.

Ultimately, I believe we have every bit as much of a chance as any other team to win the Super Bowl. The situation couldn't get much better. The team will probably never be better. This could be the year.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

The team is good enough that they should make it to the AFC Championship game, should being the key word. Only that far because that's as far as they can get without KC losing and that I'd say is a toss up. Everyone else this team is better and should win, but that's why we play the games.

Given where we are right now -- after the regular season, taking into account how all the playoffs teams are playing, injury situations, etc. -- we are right there with a group of just 4 teams:

- KC

- GB

- NO

- Bills

So my expectation is that a game against any of those other 3 teams would be a real dogfight, but that if things play according to form (and they never do -- weird bounces, bad penalty calls, snowstorms, etc.) we ought to make it to at least the AFC Championship game. And I hope beyond ...

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The team is good enough that they should make it to the AFC Championship game, should being the key word. Only that far because that's as far as they can get without KC losing and that I'd say is a toss up. Everyone else this team is better and should win, but that's why we play the games.

you beat me too it

I'll add to the chorus of AFCCG.

Like others, I'm actually expecting the Super Bowl - which is weird to even say, but I'm getting used to it.

But the AFCCG won't be a cakewalk, and a game like that - likely at KC - can go either way.  It may even come down to whoever has the ball last. I hope it happens - I think it would be a really fun game, though nerve-wracking.

KC also has more big game experience right now, which gives them an advantage. 

Anything short of the AFCCG would be disappointing, of course.  Right now, I'm mainly focused on breaking the "other" drought, and getting that 1st playoff win.

The Bills can beat anyone if they play like they have since the "hail Mary" game. This is uncharted waters for us. Until we see the defense stop quality offenses in a playoff scenario, we can't be sure about a long run. There is greater confidence in this scary offense that teams seem dumbfounded by and is putting up prolific yardage and scoring numbers. I like the matchup vs Indy. Rivers looks less mobile and if we can play tough run defense w/ Milano now healthy, it will be tough for them. If Pitt beats Cleveland, that will be a bigger challenge, but it's a better matchup than the Ravens. 

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I'll add to the chorus of AFCCG.

Like others, I'm actually expecting the Super Bowl - which is weird to even say, but I'm getting used to it.

But the AFCCG won't be a cakewalk, and a game like that - likely at KC - can go either way.  It may even come down to whoever has the ball last. I hope it happens - I think it would be a really fun game, though nerve-wracking.

KC also has more big game experience right now, which gives them an advantage. 

Anything short of the AFCCG would be disappointing, of course.  Right now, I'm mainly focused on breaking the "other" drought, and getting that 1st playoff win.

What do the 4 top teams have?

- Mahomes

- Brees

- Rodgers

- Allen

Yep. Elite QBs. Our old friend TB12 could sneak up on someone, but I think the Bucs are just too erratic.