Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

I have wondered (especially because I don't think they've ever said specifically what his injury was) if his disappointment on the sideline was more knowing he would be shutdown for the game and the following week, rather than concern for the season. He was as close as he's ever been to a 1000 yard season which is a huge milestone for a receiver.

I get what you're saying.

But bease has emphatically said--multiple times, on the record--that he doesn't care about any of that stuff...at this point in his career.

Rather, he cares about winning his particular route, or winning his role in the play (eg, good block). Further still, it doesn't matter if he gets targeted, only if he does his job. Last part is a paraphrase.

I get athlete-speak, but imho, he's sincere on this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Is it procedural because he was limited (NFL rules), is it some gamesmanship by McD or is there a real possibility he might not play?

The removed the 'probable' designation a few years ago. It's now questionable, doubtful, or out -- so by virtue of having been limited this week he's questionable. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Is it procedural because he was limited (NFL rules), is it some gamesmanship by McD or is there a real possibility he might not play?

I believe there's a real possibility he might not play, but it would be something unforseen like his injury taking an unanticipated turn for the worse after today's activity

Some gouge on the Colts.  Rock Ya-Sin out.

7 hours ago, Mr. Magoo said:

Its really simple. You double up on Diggs it will open up the other WR's especially Brown which was Allens #1 last year. We have great WR's and the other teams know that.

Its great that brown is back and healthy.

he may have a HUGE game for this reason alone.  People forgot about him, hes been out so the recent tape doesnt include him.   If they focus on Diggs, Smoke lights it up

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe there's a real possibility he might not play, but it would be something unforseen like his injury taking an unanticipated turn for the worse after today's activity

Ya-Sin is actually pretty terrible so they can’t be too upset.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Ya-Sin is actually pretty terrible so they can’t be too upset.

While the guy taking his spot might be better??? (cb#3) it makes the 3rd (now CB#4) and 4th CB (Now CB#5) weaker... which is a big problem when facing the bills. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I have a feeling the Bills score at will in this game.  I think it's over by halftime

Hope you are right but any Sunday....  I think if we protect the football and don't turn it over we will be fine. 

History this year say you are correct...    but...    

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not a good week for injuries in the secondary if you're the Colts.

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

he may have a HUGE game for this reason alone.  People forgot about him, hes been out so the recent tape doesnt include him.   If they focus on Diggs, Smoke lights it up

We are going up against HC Frank Reich.  He's not going to forget about Smoke, especially since he just left 4 calling cards for 72 yds and a touch last weekend.

The main thing is, especially if Bease can go, it's a pretty tall task to cover 3 WR like that for any length of time. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We are going up against HC Frank Reich.  He's not going to forget about Smoke, especially since he just left 4 calling cards for 72 yds and a touch last weekend.

The main thing is, especially if Bease can go, it's a pretty tall task to cover 3 WR like that for any length of time. 

he wont forget, but what resources can he use to stop Smoke if his #1 is on Diggs and they shadow him? Its really a pick your poison situation for him.  112 other coaches tried and werent very successful at stopping this offense.  Take one thing away and another will burn you.  

If he keeps it cover 2, then Diggs lights it up, so does Knox and our RBs......

Blitz and Allen and the WRS destroy them....

I believe the only way the colts win is by a STRING of flukey plays

I see them trying to control the ball and clock, thats where our D needs to do its job.

Not an easy task for a good coach and a good team.

• Like (+1) 1