Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

The entire key to me is the Colts OL vs the Buffalo Bills DL: If the Colts OL controls the LOS and pushes us around and controls the clock and wears us down this might be a tough Saturday afternoon. Just keep Taylor in check and make Rivers beat the Bills.

As for the offense, give me much of the same we have seen all year, no reason to change from what is working. Turnovers are key, especially in 2nd half

See IMO, this is old school thinking that doesnt really work anymore.  They can run all day long and control the clock.  They still have to score TDs and keeping us from scoring when our O is on the field.  All controlling the clock will do is keep us from scoring 40.  It doesn't stop us from scoring.  It might however keep them from scoring.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

See IMO, this is old school thinking that doesnt really work anymore.  They can run all day long and control the clock.  They still have to score TDs and keeping us from scoring when our O is on the field.  All controlling the clock will do is keep us from scoring 40.  It doesn't stop us from scoring.  It might however keep them from scoring.

Agreed. We stop them 2-3 times and our offense gets up 2 TDs, they’ll have no choice but to abandon the run

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

My thought exactly... we, for the last month at least, have had the offense that makes the Chiefs so dangerous. We just score. You’d better score too, but we’re willing to bet our defense will make a play where yours might not.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i know he hasnt needed them much this year, but i gotta wonder if they take the shackles off his legs if we're spreading them out in man and theres plenty of room for it.

Can we have a Shane Falco moment where Josh just pegs Buckner in the head with the ball on purpose? 

6 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Agreed. We stop them 2-3 times and our offense gets up 2 TDs, they’ll have no choice but to abandon the run

This is the way.

Get up two scores and they’ll have to start tossing it around. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i know he hasnt needed them much this year, but i gotta wonder if they take the shackles off his legs if we're spreading them out in man and theres plenty of room for it.

last few weeks the running lanes have been huge for Allen but he doesn’t take them that often 

I also hope he can use his legs this weekend, defenses have kind of forgotten about his ability to run and it will give the colts defense a headache in game to try and stop it 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t believe the titans game plan will work anymore.

the one concern I have is whether this will be similar to the Steelers game. People forget that the Steelers really bottled up and confused Josh in the first half.  We made some great adjustments. But the concern I have is that Pittsburgh was able to pressure with mostly 4 or 5, and then do enough confusing things to really shut us down. 

The flip side to that is that it seems the Bills have really been able to adjust quickly to what defenses throw at them. Just look last week even— Miami came out strong. Then, in 2 drives, the Bills had them solved. 

They confused the o-line not Josh. Once they made an adjustment on the protection, Pittsburgh never got near Josh again. Same in Miami game, once the adjustment was made, the game was over. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, eball said:

There were a LOT of people on this board claiming that McD would never learn, "didn't understand offense", and wanted to win games 17-13.  Turns out he just needed an offense and QB he could trust.

There were a few posters (and many threads) that insisted McD would always get blown out, because he didn't get it.  Okaaaaay...   🤣

It was always obvious to me, like, OF COURSE they wanted to score more, they just didn't have the horses to do it.  Now they do. :D

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe there's a real possibility he might not play, but it would be something unforseen like his injury taking an unanticipated turn for the worse after today's activity

Some gouge on the Colts.  Rock Ya-Sin out.

The Colts are already allowing something like 70% in completions - can't wait to see what we have drawn up for this one.  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wjag said:

Here is my take from the Miami game.  Buffalo was ineffective on early down throws.  That put them in 3rd and long and Miami came out with their amoeba defense.  It caused so much confusion on the line calls that it even forced a Buffalo time out called from the sidelines.  Eventually, the first down passes started to connect and the 2nd and 3rd downs were more make-able.  That is when I thought the game changed.  I'm not so sure Buffalo adjusted to Miami as much as they started getting completions.  Thoughts?

That simply begs the question why did early down throws shift from ineffective to effective?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That simply begs the question why did early down throws shift from ineffective to effective?

I can only assume it's the same on offense as it is on defense.  Offense had a plan, they schemed for what they thought they might be seeing.

Josh even said in an interview that what they were trying to do wasn't working and Daboll called up a bunch of plays that were Allen's "favorites".  Basically his bread and butter plays.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, eball said:

There were a LOT of people on this board claiming that McD would never learn, "didn't understand offense", and wanted to win games 17-13.  Turns out he just needed an offense and QB he could trust.

Yup, context is definitely important.