Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i know he hasnt needed them much this year, but i gotta wonder if they take the shackles off his legs if we're spreading them out in man and theres plenty of room for it.

Darius Leonard and DeForrest Buckner would make me shy away from that. If he runs on a broken play here or there, fine. I don't want to see any power sweeps or QB draw plays unless there is absolutely no one in the middle of the defense at the snap. He's already had a shoulder injury this year and the last thing we need is unnecessary risks in the 1st Round. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Darius Leonard and DeForrest Buckner would make me shy away from that. If he runs on a broken play here or there, fine. I don't want to see any power sweeps or QB draw plays unless there is absolutely no one in the middle of the defense at the snap. He's already had a shoulder injury this year and the last thing we need is unnecessary risks in the 1st Round. 

Leonard is fast, i agree, but thats also why you got these guys in front of allen called blockers. Their job is to use their body to stop leonard from tackling Josh. You think we havent ran Josh this season against guys just as talented as Leonard? We have, and I will guarantee we do on Saturday. Its part of the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I think Allen running is going to be a key to this game.  Colts have a stout run D with a nice D line, I'm not expecting much out of our backs.  I think we spread it out and see several designed QB runs.

Yep, i also agree w you. With playoffs they open this whole thing up. No more pacing Allen....we will see some badass runs. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

good thought— but I think there is no chance. It’s pretty amazing, but he is so much more lethal Now throwing. Basically like Mahomes and Russell Wilson. Running is a waste of a play.

You can even tell his mindset has changed re running generally—  he had a nice run last week on a scramble when he was under pressure and it almost pained him to have to run. 

I agree.  But here's the but.  You gots to show it early.  That will keep one of those DB spies from falling into the zone.

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

Yep, i also agree w you. With playoffs they open this whole thing up. No more pacing Allen....we will see some badass runs. 

The colts analyst mentioned that he expects they would use Darius Leonard to spy him. I’m not sure if that makes a ton of sense considering they will need him in coverage ... thoughts? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The colts analyst mentioned that he expects they would use Darius Leonard to spy him. I’m not sure if that makes a ton of sense considering they will need him in coverage ... thoughts? 

That sounds like a wonderful plan for Indy. :) Please do! 

Digs, McKenzie and Knox will run wild across the middle.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Leonard is fast, i agree, but thats also why you got these guys in front of allen called blockers. Their job is to use their body to stop leonard from tackling Josh. You think we havent ran Josh this season against guys just as talented as Leonard? We have, and I will guarantee we do on Saturday. Its part of the offense. 

He had blockers last year too and got absolutely lit up on a power sweep where two guys just completely let the Safety slip past them. I think Josh is better with improv and the designed runs aren't necessary at this point. Maybe one or two just to keep the defense off balance, but there is no need to run him 6, 8, 10 times like years past. It would be foolish to do so. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

He had blockers last year too and got absolutely lit up on a power sweep where two guys just completely let the Safety slip past them. I think Josh is better with improv and the designed runs aren't necessary at this point. Maybe one or two just to keep the defense off balance, but there is no need to run him 6, 8, 10 times like years past. It would be foolish to do so. 

Oh no doubt I agree about the quantity, but I expect 1 or 2 in the first 2 drives so the D has to account for it. 

About the blockers in the Houston game, This year aint last year. 

15 hours ago, HerdMentality said:

Is that how you spell "salt" in Indiana?? 🤪

I won't even lie.... I definitely got the spelling wrong LMAO. I was trying to think of a clever reason as to why I did, but I got nothing...... I swear I graduated university lol!!!!!! 

I have failed :( 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Oh no doubt I agree about the quantity, but I expect 1 or 2 in the first 2 drives so the D has to account for it. 

About the blockers in the Houston game, This year aint last year. 

Yeah, I'm good with just one or two to give the defense something else to think about. I just don't want to see Daboll calling it more than that. I really don't think he will because Josh is a legit superstar now and we have a plethora of offensive weapons. 

• Like (+1) 2

That sour taste coming out of the Houston game last year that everyone's been talking about for this entire season?  The players and coaches need some serious acid reflux Friday night.  They need to wake up Saturday morning in nothing but sour.  The strongest sour they've ever experiences.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That to me would be a win for the bills - to use one of their best players as a spy seems like a waste of talent

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

That to me would be a win for the bills - to use one of their best players as a spy seems like a waste of talent

IF they go man, I could see them using Leonard as a spy/late blitzer. 

Im not arguing that is in their best interest, but I could see that being a plan. 

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see the first play from scrimmage being a designed, empty set, QB draw simply to set the stage that y'all better spy him.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes , that would be a mistake, unless situational short yardage , red zone etc.... ( even if he runs more, Allen wont run that much where it would be worth their while every down) Id think it would open things up and put a lot of liability on an underperforming 2ndary in coverage.

Then spying on short-yardage goal line is usually done anyways, I mean Allen is always a threat for that situation.

Edited by RichRiderBills