Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The colts analyst mentioned that he expects they would use Darius Leonard to spy him. I’m not sure if that makes a ton of sense considering they will need him in coverage ... thoughts? 

Spying Allen was a strong consideration his first 2 years.

But now he hardly runs. Go ahead, waste a Dude 5-8 yards off the ball up the middle more worried about Allen than our WRs.....

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Trust me these guys are not losing a lead Saturday. That Houston game still haunts them. Laser focused will be the accurate assessment. 

That "Hail Murray" seemed to change our coaching mentality on protecting a lead.  The comments from the coaches after the game nothing to do with how to defend the hail mary pass better.  Instead the comments were focused on not allowing teams to be in a position to win the game with one score at the end of the game.

I can see that our philosophy has changed from run out the clock to build an insurmountable lead.  I love it.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Forward Progress said:

That "Hail Murray" seemed to change our coaching mentality on protecting a lead.  The comments from the coaches after the game nothing to do with how to defend the hail mary pass better.  Instead the comments were focused on not allowing teams to be in a position to win the game with one score at the end of the game.

I can see that our philosophy has changed from run out the clock to build an insurmountable lead.  I love it.

There were a LOT of people on this board claiming that McD would never learn, "didn't understand offense", and wanted to win games 17-13.  Turns out he just needed an offense and QB he could trust.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JV14 said:

I'd like to see Daboll call a hook & lateral.  McKenzie in motion, quick 7 yard pass to Diggs, flip it to Isaiah and he's off and running.

I don't know about that play in particular, but I think we will see one crazy, trick play, maybe even on the opening drive.

Daboll has cooked up some good ones this year, and they seem to work much more often than not.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Colts will be without their CB2 on Saturday:

Was listening to WGR earlier about him.  I guess Carrie has been subbing in for him regularly prior to his concussion because he was taking a lot of penalties so they tried to reduce his workload.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I don't know about that play in particular, but I think we will see one crazy, trick play, maybe even on the opening drive.

Daboll has cooked up some good ones this year, and they seem to work much more often than not.

Please not a pass to Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Was listening to WGR earlier about him.  I guess Carrie has been subbing in for him regularly prior to his concussion because he was taking a lot of penalties so they tried to reduce his workload.

Good intel, thanks.

Any time an opponent is missing a contributing cornerback -- particularly one talented enough to have been taken at 34th overall -- I consider it a boon to the already potent passing game of our Bills.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Good intel, thanks.

Any time an opponent is missing a contributing cornerback -- particularly one talented enough to have been taken at 34th overall -- I consider it a boon to the already potent passing game of our Bills.

Always.  The big thing that they were saying was they were both playing at about the same level but were usually targeted more because of how well Rhodes has been playing.

• Like (+1) 1

It occurred to me last night that this is probably the most anticipated Bills game (of any type) since our last Super Bowl.

I think we have a solid shot to appear in, or win, the SB this year, and I can't wait to get this playoff campaign started.

Who else is anticipating this game as highly?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, eball said:

There were a LOT of people on this board claiming that McD would never learn, "didn't understand offense", and wanted to win games 17-13.  Turns out he just needed an offense and QB he could trust.

Yes it seems the all Jauron comparisons have dried up

Just now, BillsfaninSB said:

Why are they listing Diggs as questionable? 

He has an oblique injury and has only practiced once this week, which was limited 

18 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Didn't Diggs say he was planning on playing and that he was fine? Believe I saw that on Twitter.

Yes

34 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Very good point. This is true and is a relatively big deal. I think it goes against what McD would prefer to do but that shows the guy is adaptable. With this QB and this offense. Keep your foot on the gas.

I also believe the defensive philosophy changed a bit as the year went on and the offense was clearly becoming a top unit. They got more aggressive. 

• Like (+1) 2