Bills expected to play numerous starters including Allen per Jeremy Fowler report

Big Turk

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Because if they play the starters, it should just be to get JA and SD the records and then pull them.  As it stands, they will be the 2nd seed even if they lose.

I got ya but seems silly. I see playing for 2nd and continuity as McBeane like. Not individual records that mean very little. 

20 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Why does Bill Belichek play starters in this situation? are you better at football strategy than him?

Bill bs record without Brady is 55-70 so basically 8 seasons worth of him being a loser. He’s also been a notorious hard ass with his my way or the highway approach. Good luck with that in the modern nfl without Tom Brady the greatest qb maybe ever as your qb. So to answer your question I don’t give a ***** about Bill Belichick. 

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And if they think that he shouldn't play. 

Then he should sit. 

12 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I got ya but seems silly. I see playing for 2nd and continuity as McBeane like. Not individual records that mean very little. 

I have no idea what their plan is for today.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Respect for the organization to allow him the chance to achieve this. Can you imagine the wrath of Rachel if they didn’t?😎

She tweeted about Poyer's INT bonus after the Hail Murray game, but quickly deleted it.

Unless Poyer is sitting on 3-yard routes, he won't get that 3rd INT today.

Just saw that Tre & Hughes are inactive today.

I would like to see Josh get some time today, don't want him to be too cold next week.  After the bye week, Allen had one of his weaker games of the season against a Chargers team that isn't exactly a defensive juggernaut. Maybe play him the entire 1st quarter, then see what's going on in Cleveland and go from there.

Edited by Amaru523

I am going on record as saying the 2 seed matters because Pittsburgh will beat the Browns today because Baker will find a way to suck up another game even against a backup QB. I am not in the Camp that says the Steelers are guaranteed to lose their first playoff game. That matters and if we win 1 game and get stuck playing in KC the next week because we wouldn’t play Allen and Diggs a full half to get a lead I will puke. 

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I am going on record as saying the 2 seed matters because Pittsburgh will beat the Browns today because Baker will find a way to suck up another game even against a backup QB. I am not in the Camp that says the Steelers are guaranteed to lose their first playoff game. That matters and if we win 1 game and get stuck playing in KC the next week because we wouldn’t play Allen and Diggs a full half to get a lead I will puke. 

I don't think there is any way we can play KC in the divisional round is there? If Pitt end up as the #2 seed and we both win in the wildcard we would go to Pittsburgh. KC would get the lowest remaining seed which is whoever else survived.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

28 first half points. lol @ bakley looking like he was going to go in.

keep the foot on the gas?

or rest 2nd half. either way, way to post a comfortable lead to come that much closer to #2 seed.

The first half leaves little doubt, the plan was to gas them then rest the second half. 

Well done Gents!!! That takes a huge weight off of the coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

28 first half points. lol @ bakley looking like he was going to go in.

keep the foot on the gas?

or rest 2nd half. either way, way to post a comfortable lead to come that much closer to #2 seed.

Rest at this point, get the backups some playing time.  Dolphins will be lucky to get 28 against the backups.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I want them to treat it like the third preseason game usually goes. You play your starters and try to work on the things you want to be ready for when the season starts.

Allen in to work in his timing with John Brown, to try to make sure that connection is firing. You try to get the run game going. then pull them

Yeah that was exactly what I was looking for

And this is why ya don’t  “rest all your starters”  for the whole game...  😁👍

Go Bills!!!