David Bakhtiari out for the year - Tore ACL in practice

Draconator

1 hour ago, BuffalOhio said:

I've torn both and had reconstructions on each.  #NotMuchFun

Look at this KLUTZ.

j/k, of course. I've probably had several somewhat serious injuries over the years that went undiagnosed due to lack of health insurance. Just had to eat the pain and stop doing certain activities for months at a time. 

Human bodies, amiright?

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

we play in the AFC

And you post in an alternate reality.

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Another reason not to risk playing starters this week. Ya I know it was practice, but still

We can never know when to stop doing something....each one is different.  We could lose that player in the first round,...then whata.....Injuries are part of the NFL and the good teams have built their back ups on the next man up mentality.  Obviously, you value the assets that are not replaceable.  But you don't sit your starters if there is something to play for.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I noticed that on the broadcast for the GB/Tenn game and was surprised at how elite he has become. Shame he is out. 

At this time of year, you sort of want to see all teams going at full strength. 

It would be nice but almost never happens....most teams have a bunch of players on IR...I remember GB(i think?) won the SB the one time with 16 or 17 players on IR...having good depth is just as important as having good starters...which is why I really like how this team is built...they have a lot of quality players where you don't get much of a drop off

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I noticed that on the broadcast for the GB/Tenn game and was surprised at how elite he has become. Shame he is out. 

At this time of year, you sort of want to see all teams going at full strength. 

totally agree.   Been watchign the last few GB games on gamepass replay.  super fun team to watch.  pitch it all over the field just like 

bills/chiefs.  electric offense... hate to see them lose a key guy at this point

18 hours ago, BuffalOhio said:

You can tear your ACL stepping of a curb incorrectly.  It's amazing that this most crucial of ligaments is so fragile.  It's also amazing that more people don't tear them.

I've torn both and had reconstructions on each.  #NotMuchFun

I believe we’re fearfully and wonderfully made.. Football is just an unnatural sport.. It really is.. Tearing your ACL is just synonymous with football.. Guys are diving at legs/knees, people get rolled up on.. I think these guys earn every penny they make..

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I may be jumping the gun, but I was thinking that if we made it to the SB, the only NFC team I'd worried about would be Green Bay. This is a huge blow to their chances.

Personally,  I worry about the Saints.  I'm afraid Kamara would shred our often porous run Defense.