WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

28 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

Any update with this? Haven’t heard anything 

All I saw today were people here saying McDermott said that this didn't have anything to do with Beasley and that Beane had been looking at him for a while. But I haven't actually seen/heard this.

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

All I saw today were people here saying McDermott said that this didn't have anything to do with Beasley and that Beane had been looking at him for a while. But I haven't actually seen/heard this.

Could be coach speak but that's what was said. 

14 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This has to be a faster signing. I would rather use a WR that knows the playbook. I take Duke over this guy

Sorry, the signing is taking to long

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

If we dont hear anything today, my guess is he wont/didn't sign here. 

I don’t get these posts - Nothing official can be done till he clears protocol.  

Based on timing of the original - his 5 consecutive negative tests to clear protocol and sign will not occur until Sunday at the earliest.

Therefore - assuming he needs a full physical and to sign the contract- you are really looking at Monday mostly likely before it is official and we any details.

This is similar to the Winters and Jonatthan signings that got talked about, but then took a week to complete.

He may change his mind, but the fact that he has followed the Bills on Social Media and the current COVID Rules - suggest this is a routine COVID testing wait.

Be a little patient and the info will come.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Based on timing of the original - his 5 consecutive negative tests to clear protocol and sign will not occur until Sunday at the earliest.

Therefore - assuming he needs a full physical and to sign the contract- you are really looking at Monday mostly likely before it is official and we any details.

This is similar to the Winters and Jonatthan signings that got talked about, but then took a week to complete.

He may change his mind, but the fact that he has followed the Bills on Social Media and the current COVID Rules - suggest this is a routine COVID testing wait.

Ahh. Didn't know he had to have 5 negative tests. Makes sense then

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

howd they sign that gentry wr to pS within 1 day?

1 minute ago, balln said:

Read through the thread - this has already been explained and the Bills have not signed Gentry to anything - he came in for a visit (that is where teams start the 5day COVID protocol testing if they think he is going to sign).  

Jennings - whom they signed to the PS - originally visited once Kumerow was signed by the Saints.

He was signed by the Bills 5 days later - which was the reason for the delay between Kumerow leaving and the Jennings signing.

Beane has talked about this since the beginning of the year once the NFL shifted the protocol to needing the 5 negative tests to meet with internal staff and get full physicals.  He stated that it will take about a week to sign and replace guys - part of the reason for the expanded PS.

The difference is a guy like Jennings comes in and is not a big deal - completes his 5 negatives and signs.  A guy like Stills is a big name and therefore people immediately see him coming in and it gets talked about by Shefter and therefore the 5 days becomes noticeable.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, balln said:

I wondered about this as well...

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Read through the thread - this has already been explained and the Bills have not signed Gentry to anything - he came in for a visit (that is where teams start the 5day COVID protocol testing if they think he is going to sign).  

Jennings - whom they signed to the PS - originally visited once Kumerow was signed by the Saints.

He was signed by the Bills 5 days later - which was the reason for the delay between Kumerow leaving and the Jennings signing.

Beane has talked about this since the beginning of the year once the NFL shifted the protocol to needing the 5 negative tests to meet with internal staff and get full physicals.  He stated that it will take about a week to sign and replace guys - part of the reason for the expanded PS.

The difference is a guy like Jennings comes in and is not a big deal - completes his 5 negatives and signs.  A guy like Stills is a big name and therefore people immediately see him coming in and it gets talked about by Shefter and therefore the 5 days becomes noticeable.

...thanks for clarity on this!

28 minutes ago, klos63 said:

A bit of a reach here, but maybe Stills as a possible replacement if Brown is a cap casualty next season.

I think people underestimate the importance of John Brown to this offense especially to Josh Allen ,with his speed alone  he creates so much more room underneath for  Beasley to operate, I can’t wait to have him back this offense will be even so much MORE explosive .... 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Beastly is my favorite player on offense. 

Just love his attitude and mentality. 

It would absolutely suck if he was out in the playoffs after all the work he put in this season. 

Me too, there just hasn’t been any information to go on, other than it’s not season ending ligament damage because McDermott talked about Beasley working with trainers and rehabbing.

As we can see with Green Bay’s LT, if it was ACL, it would have been reported by now.

Hopefully it’s a common knee strain and instead of 3-weeks, Beasley can push it and get back in 2-weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

I think people underestimate the importance of John Brown to this offense especially to Josh Allen ,with his speed alone  he creates so much more room underneath for  Beasley to operate, I can’t wait to have him back this offense will be even so much MORE explosive .... 

Not underestimating him at all. He has a high cap hit next year and sometimes tough decisions are made.  Stills is a deep threat as well, if they can get similar production and save a few million, it might need to be looked at.

I think Brown is great, but Beasley has done fine with Brown playing hurt or not playing most of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not underestimating him at all. He has a high cap hit next year and sometimes tough decisions are made.  Stills is a deep threat as well, if they can get similar production and save a few million, it might need to be looked at.

I think Brown is great, but Beasley has done fine with Brown playing hurt or not playing most of the season.

I think if we have Bease, brown and Diggs on the field all at the same time, this team can possibly get to the superbowl. I don't know how teams could cover all those guys for 60 mins. Even if teams found a way, that still leaves Davis out there who's been solid for a rookie. I don't want to get overly excited, but I'm pumped to see this offense at full strength 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Just a little note that Stills was being paid comparably to Brown in Miami then Houston and as someone who was traded away like a bad penny then apparently asked for his release, it's not a given to me that he'd want to sign a "discount contract".

In fact, Stills Wiki page has changed back to "free agent" so I'm thinking with the Nelson signing to the PS perhaps Stills priced himself out of our market.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just a little note that Stills was being paid comparably to Brown in Miami then Houston and as someone who was traded away like a bad penny then apparently asked for his release, it's not a given to me that he'd want to sign a "discount contract".

In fact, Stills Wiki page has changed back to "free agent" so I'm thinking with the Nelson signing to the PS perhaps Stills priced himself out of our market.

Not terribly excited about a PS signing at this point of the season, wouldn't imagine that's related to Stills whatsoever.

Edited by klos63