Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

McDermott giving zero information as usual. Not saying it's good/bad for him to do that, just annoying as a fan. 

At this point it's probably best for us to assume Beasley isn't coming back this year, and if he does it's a bonus. 

I feel a lot better with the Still signing. He can't replace Beasley but provides good depth and some insurance. 

This team is locked and loaded, with or without Beasley.

Edited by Process

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It sounds like he is trending towards being done for the year. 

If practice was tomorrow, he'd be a DNP. 

If we beat the Colts, I’ll be very interested to see about the next week.  I think “done for the year” depends upon how long our year lasts, so I hope we stay alive long enough for him to come back. I’d LOVE to see him play in Tampa!   :)

I don’t know that they’d keep the roster spot open if they knew he was a no-go for the rest of the season. 

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He hesitated when asked if he was still week to week... then said yes 

I listened to the interview 

Yup I just listened to it.

At least there was a follow up question  this time.

I have no idea what that hesitation was, he’s rehabbing, so it’s not IR or torn ligaments.

He added that we’ll see what tomorrow brings, so not sure.

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Is that your read on it?

Beasley is progressing?

IMO - “We will see what tomorrow brings” does not align with “week to week” . Then when asked if he was still w 2 w he hesitated... I think because he now could be day to day... but he didn’t want to give that away and no reason to. He doesn’t want the colts to know anything until he has to provide it. Right now they have to study film with Cole and without Cole 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He hesitated when asked if he was still week to week... then said yes 

I listened to the interview 

I mean we don't even know WTF the injury actually is after a week now...the lockdown on information leaks coming from OBD is actually pretty impressive.  I am wondering if we needed this game if Beasley would have played and he simply just was allowed to rest because we didn't.

Edited by Big Turk

59 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Is that your read on it?

Beasley is progressing?

Why are you so obsessed with this?  McD does not have to match his words to your personal preferences.  Beasley has an injury, I am sure everything is being done that can be, and we’ll see what happens.  Meanwhile, without Beasley yesterday the starters hung 28 points in one half on one of the better defenses in the league playing for their playoff lives.

• Awesome! (+1) 2