Week 16 Bills @ Patriots* PreGame Thread MNF

Chandler#81

Just now, BuffaninSarasota said:

or, per Richard Nixon, "tanned, rested, & ready".......😎

and we have Daboll.  To do to Bill what Bill has done to us for years and years and years.

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I want revenge for our 1st ever playoff game!

BFBF9703-5D85-4A15-ABE7-3A965D8102D3.jpeg

My 1st season that I remember as a fan!

That game started the Kemp/Lamonica controversy in our house between my older brother and dad!

The old man loved his Daryle and so did I.

Well done and thanks for that trip down Memory Lane.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m surprised at all the “Bills in a romp” predictions all week. I’d be shocked if that were the case. I suspect this will be a typically tight contest between two intimately acquainted opponents that know each other inside out. This is usually the case with intra-divisional games around the league.

I fully expect us to win because we are the more talented team from top to bottom, but I suspect I won’t be relaxing much during the course of the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

I believe many on this board and the national media predicted between 7-9 and 9-7.  With a couple 10-6 in there.  Myself included.

And many predicted those records with Allen being the key "If".  If Allen jumped from last year, 10-6 was possible.  If he stayed the same, 8-8 or 9-7 most likely.

But with the possibility of 13-3 as a record against the toughest schedule in the NFL is down right amazing.

So happy, lets keep it going!!!

Very simply, while I thought this was in Allen all along (yes dream big😉), I wasn't sure McD had it in him to realize that this is an Offense first league.

Props to McD in changing his style and "unleashing the Kraken😜"

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’m surprised at all the “Bills in a romp” predictions all week. I’d be shocked if that were the case. I suspect this will be a typically tight contest between two intimately acquainted opponents that know each other inside out. This is usually the case with intra-divisional games around the league.

I fully expect us to win because we are the more talented team from top to bottom, but I suspect I won’t be relaxing much during the course of the game.

If we go up by more than 2 scores at any point in the game, I’d have a hard time seeing New England getting back in it.

What's the Daboll wrinkle tonight?  No one correctly guessed the Statue of Liberty played from last week, last seen in the pro game during the RKE..  Rams Knox Era...  No I don't count the Brady TD pass as one, even though Wikipedia does. 😉 

My guess for this week is a half back to half back pass.  Bills come out in wishbone with Singletary and Moss in redzone.  Direct snap to Moss as Allen fakes ball over head.  Moss throws to Singletary.  Rumor, that I am just starting, has it Moss was a QB in the PeeWee league and is itching to show off his touch ..

49 minutes ago, Success said:

To win tonight, BB has to use the same strategy he did as DC for the Giants in '90 - keep Allen and the offense off the field.

They're capable of doing that.  In the games that they won - from what I saw - they were able to grind out long, time-consuming drives, with Cam picking up key 3rd & shorts with his running ability.

The Bills defense is playing much better, and they need to shut that down.  If we can keep the TOP at a relatively even split (at minimum), the game shouldn't be that close.

I really only think this strategy works if they have a lead. 

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

i would agree with you for any other division game. And I have no idea what to expect tonight. But something tells me the Bills are going to be out for blood. I think the gameplan calls for a lot of running— but I feel like Dabs and co are going to say “we don’t care; we are going to throw for 400 yards.” 

1 minute ago, wjag said:

What's the Daboll wrinkle tonight?  No one correctly guessed the Statue of Liberty played from last week, last seen in the pro game during the RKE..  Rams Knox Era...  No I don't count the Brady TD pass as one, even though Wikipedia does. 😉 

My guess for this week is a half back to half back pass.  Bills come out in wishbone with Singletary and Moss in redzone.  Direct snap to Moss as Allen fakes ball over head.  Moss throws to Singletary.  Rumor, that I am just starting, has it Moss was a QB in the PeeWee league and is itching to show off his touch ..

Hmmm I’ll take a shot. 

I’m going with the old hook and ladder. Josh slings it to Beasley in the slot on a 5 yard hitch, who pitches it to McKenzie screaming out of the backfield from a Jet Motion. 

/

/

/

/

🎤 

(clunk)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

I believe many on this board and the national media predicted between 7-9 and 9-7.  With a couple 10-6 in there.  Myself included.

And many predicted those records with Allen being the key "If".  If Allen jumped from last year, 10-6 was possible.  If he stayed the same, 8-8 or 9-7 most likely.

But with the possibility of 13-3 as a record against the toughest schedule in the NFL is down right amazing.

So happy, lets keep it going!!!

If I’m understanding your posts correctly, MANY people believed we would be 10-6+. Sure, the schedule at first looked daunting, but most of knew this team is for real.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i would agree with you for any other division game. And I have no idea what to expect tonight. But something tells me the Bills are going to be out for blood. I think the gameplan calls for a lot of running— but I feel like Dabs and co are going to say “we don’t care; we are going to throw for 400 yards.” 

Will probably be a fast game because both teams will run a LOT.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If I’m understanding your posts correctly, MANY people believed we would be 10-6+. Sure, the schedule at first looked daunting, but most of knew this team is for real.

No, I mean most thought between 7-9 to 9-7. With a few 10-6 sprinkled in.  

Many did not think it would 11-5 to 13-3.

At least if my memory serves me correct. Which sometimes has failed me in the past so don't take my word for it lol