Week 16 Bills @ Patriots* PreGame Thread MNF

Chandler#81

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly.  Just Win, Baby.  No "style" points and teams get in trouble when they seek or expect them.

exactly put.....even winning ugly is fine. But I must say - watching the KC-ATL game yesterday (...and recent games), they seem to be playing down to the level of their competition - but turning it on when they need to. Just my opinion FWIW.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Figster said:

Some of these teams with bad records playing spoiler like the Jets still want to prove to the world that they can play.

Its their Superbowl...

or it's their job and it's what they are supposed to do.  Most are highly competitive athletes that hate to lose

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

exactly put.....even winning ugly is fine. But I must say - watching the KC-ATL game yesterday (...and recent games), they seem to be playing down to the level of their competition - but turning it on when they need to. Just my opinion FWIW.

The Steelers did that for a few weeks and all it got them was a 3 game losing streak ;) 

Lets hope that happens to KC

6 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The Steelers did that for a few weeks and all it got them was a 3 game losing streak ;) 

Lets hope that happens to KC

Big Ben got so entrenched in the short yardage game he had forgotten what really makes him so good IMO. Poor pass protection hasn't helped.

Like Allen ,  medium to long range is Big Bens forte...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan619 said:

Yup! Time to earn the chance at an extra home playoff game, fellas.

Who could imagined at the start of this season, with that schedule, we would be talking about the potential of two home playoff games and no fans? Umglaublich.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Any word on John Brown yet?

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

It begs the question, have the Jets decided they’re keeping Darnold?

They would be dumb to give up on him since they aren't getting TL now. Trade down for more picks and hope you get some good ones. Then again I'm all for the Bills doing the same. Trade out of #32 for more 2's and 3's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Maybe we should cancel it? Seems everyone is scared to play a game and scared of every team making the playoffs 

I hear ya, bro.

it’s one thing to prefer a certain matchup, but to intentionally lose to avoid teams, it’s kind of crazy!

Now that the team is playoff caliber, it’s time for us fans to mentally become playoff caliber as well. 🤣

Edited by BillsFan619

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

Who could imagined at the start of this season, with that schedule, we would be talking about the potential of two home playoff games and no fans? Umglaublich.

I believe many on this board and the national media predicted between 7-9 and 9-7.  With a couple 10-6 in there.  Myself included.

And many predicted those records with Allen being the key "If".  If Allen jumped from last year, 10-6 was possible.  If he stayed the same, 8-8 or 9-7 most likely.

But with the possibility of 13-3 as a record against the toughest schedule in the NFL is down right amazing.

So happy, lets keep it going!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It begs the question, have the Jets decided they’re keeping Darnold?

There is a developing narrative out there that QB nurturing over nature is needed.  Even Patty sat for some time before being given the reins.   I think teams are looking at the Bills and the Josh Allen clay-molding  process and taking notice.   Trading that high draft pick for some stock talent would likely be more important than trying to hit another QB homerun.  Build around the QB.  That number one pick could be worth a bucket load of middling picks.

Edited by wjag

2 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

I believe many on this board and the national media predicted between 7-9 and 9-7.  With a couple 10-6 in there.  Myself included.

And many predicted those records with Allen being the key "If".  If Allen jumped from last year, 10-6 was possible.  If he stayed the same, 8-8 or 9-7 most likely.

But with the possibility of 13-3 as a record against the toughest schedule in the NFL is down right amazing.

I said 11-5 and now I want to take it back ;) 

I was on the high end and never dreamt that 13-3 was a real possibility let alone 14-2 minus the Hail Murray .

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wjag said:

It’s crazy, bro! I expected us to be good but not this good.

ESPECIALLY with the schedule we’ve had, I think that’s what most impressive. This is not a bloated record. It’s a well earned record.

10 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Yep, I remember thinking in the preseason that if we got to 10-6 it would be an improvement over last year‘s 10-6 because of our tougher schedule.

My how times of changed!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1