Tua benched again - will start in Buffalo week 17

YoloinOhio

1st round seems to be shaping up too nicely to fully rest week 17. Fins again or Steelers seems ideal. Unless we can somehow lock up #2 this week, I'll need to double check that. #2 would be ideal right now. Steelers suck. Tua sucks.

My take anyway. Yeah I get the whole give me anybody mentality...but Fish and Steelers are a step below Cleveland and Baltimore right now.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

That's more dependant on whether or not Tennessee wins. If the Titans beat GB, we won't be able to rest our starters in wk 17

i was just playing with the ESPN simulator. Titans almost have to win this game, or they have a decent shot of missing the playoffs. Also, if they lose and still make the playoffs, there is a chance we would play them in a 2/7 Game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

If tua really starts next week, I dont know if the dolphins beat our backups. Their roster is that bad. 

Flores deserves to be coach of the year for getting 10 wins out of such a garbage team. 

He deserves to be fired for how he is handling the QB situation. 

That's being a bit premature. I hate the Dolphins as much as the next Bills fan, but their defense is still tops in the league. That being said, Tua won't play the whole game. If he struggled in a dome, the elements will definitely put him right back on the bench

• Like (+1) 3

I feel like they are building a good team there in Miami and that they are coached well.  On the other hand I think Flores is a terrible coach for playing QB carousel.  Worst coaching I have ever seen.  You cannot say to your locker room after Fitz start that they are going to the rookie and then pull said rookie for Fitz every time they are down.  Most importantly that messes with the QBs, but it also doesn't send a good message to the team IMO.

They need to pick something... they are either a team that wants to win football games and make the playoffs or they are a team that wants to groom a rookie QB.  Can't do both and not have consequences.

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I doubt McDermott shares that same philosophy, as well as the players. Intentionally losing doesn't vibe with the word process

Yeah, that kind of scheming does not seem to be a large part of McDermott's DNA.

You kick whoever's ass is in front of you and then worry about next week.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I doubt McDermott shares that same philosophy, as well as the players. Intentionally losing doesn't vibe with the word process

We played backups week 17 last year. If it makes sense, it will happen. Barkley stunk up the joint last year week 17.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, that kind of scheming does not seem to be a large part of McDermott's DNA.

You kick whoever's ass is in front of you and then worry about next week.

We literally rested players last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

We played backups week 17 last year. If it makes sense, it will happen. Barkley stunk up the joint last year week 17.

Last year, we didn't have the same momentum that we have this year, and Allen is obviously in a rhythm. Why take a chance on disrupting that?

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Last year, we didn't have the same momentum that we have this year, and Allen is obviously in a rhythm. Why take a chance on disrupting that?

Because it's what good teams do. Injuries/rest are more important this time of year. Would you pass on a round 1 bye for the sake of momemtum/good juju?

Edited by Bferra13