Tua benched again - will start in Buffalo week 17

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i was just playing with the ESPN simulator. Titans almost have to win this game, or they have a decent shot of missing the playoffs. Also, if they lose and still make the playoffs, there is a chance we would play them in a 2/7 Game.

Man, I hope they don’t make it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We literally rested players last year. 

We literally lost the very next game too.

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

No chance tua starts if the phins need the game against buffalo.

I think our back ups would get tua benched by the end of the 1st qtr

They need the game.....and Tua is starting.....not sure what you mean

29 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Flores is making a huge mistake with his constant benching. If Tagolavoa can't pick himself up off the ground himself, then he won't amount to much as a pro.

You know this because you’ve coached teams before ?  if someone isn’t getting the job done and there is someone else behind him that can make things happen,  you bench the guy.  That’s how it’s done on sports teams.  Unless Tua has a fragile psyche , he will learn from the experience .

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

No chance tua starts if the phins need the game against us

I think our back ups would get tua benched by the end of the 1st qtr

Tua would do a good enough job of benching himself.  He won't last in the NFL with Flores stunting his development

3 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Man, I hope they don’t make it.

for the titans to miss, we would basically need them to Lose against GB (pretty likely) and Texans (plausible— their first game when to OT). 

the biggest variable would then be the Bills/dolphins game. If the Bills win, the titans make it As the 7 seed (and we have to play them; if the Bills lose that week 17 game, then the Dolphins get in and Titans get knocked out.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We literally rested players last year. 

Allen started but Barkely came in and threw the ball like 40 times I think.

They were trying to win even with nothing to play for.

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Yeah but we kinda sucked last year as well. So there's that. We were okay but not a SB contender.

We’re playing better than anyone in the league.  I don’t see why we would stunt the momentum with a loss.

Just now, prissythecat said:

You know this because you’ve coached teams before ?  if someone isn’t getting the job done and there is someone else behind him that can make things happen,  you bench the guy.  That’s how it’s done on sports teams.  Unless Tua has a fragile psyche , he will learn from the experience .

Learn what exactly? I would understand if he threw like consecutive picks, but outside of that, a QB isn't gonna learn from his mistakes by being constantly pulled.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We literally lost the very next game too.

They need the game.....and Tua is starting.....not sure what you mean

You don’t randomly play everyone in a game that means nothing just because you lost WC weekend the year before.  

If we lose, we lose, but no coach is going to make decisions based on that.. especially when it was a debut playoff experience for a raw 2nd year QB on a team that was a year away from seriously competing in the postseason.

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

You don’t randomly play everyone in a game that means nothing just because you lost WC weekend the year before.  

If we lose, we lose, but no coach is going to make decisions based on that.. especially when it’s a first year playoff experience for a 2nd year QB on a team that was a year away from seriously competing in the postseason.  

No, you play everyone because you’re the hottest team In the league and want to keep the momentum.  

Just now, NewEra said:

We’re playing better than anyone in the league.  I don’t see why we would stunt the momentum with a loss.

Yeah, that's true. I'm not sure i, or especially the players quantify it as a loss if the backups are in.  But I guess I could see both sides. Man, injuries could eff us bad though. Its a double sided sword. If 2 is wrapped up u rest the starters.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Allen started but Barkely came in and threw the ball like 40 times I think.

They were trying to win even with nothing to play for.

Sure, play to win with the guys on the field.  We can’t rest everyone, and you put guys in jeopardy if you tell them to throttle it down, but that’s different from playing to win via personnel decisions.