Kumerow claimed by Saints (now Waived by Saints)

aristocrat

15 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

You want to cut arguably the best KR/PR in football, for a guy who caught one pass?  Interesting 

Right, let's cut our pro-bowl player. Might as well go back in time and cut Steve Tasker, that scrub.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

You want to cut arguably the best KR/PR in football, for a guy who caught one pass?  Interesting 

Funny thing is no one said anything about cutting Andre Roberts but I guess people get caught up in the moment and reed what they want to reed 

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Makes zero sense. I guess people get caught up in the moment too much. 

11 hours ago, Nitro said:

He was a good special teamer and a 5th WR but he would not have made the roster next year.

and next season we need to find a space for Isiah Hodgins returning from IR.

So thats our top 7 WRs sorted already assuming they all return.  Mix of experience and youth.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Brilliant!  Shaka, when the walls fell!

😁

It is like feeding Vall, it is a thing to do...

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/26/2020 at 10:47 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Even if that’s true (Roberts has been significantly more productive though I’m not a fan of him at WR either) there is only one fringe WR roster spot available and it is clearly for Roberts because of his integral role on the team. All of the other WR are healthy and play meaningful roles in the offense and play a lot so they aren’t going anywhere. Kumerow wouldn’t even be playing on ST now that Taiwan Jones is healthy again. You can’t cut another depth guy like Andre smith just to keep kumerow because then you are screwing up your #s at the LB position. There is a reason why you have a certain # of players at each position. 

Yup.  And Smith has been a core special teamer.  I wonder if they regret moving Kumerow a little bit because of the Gilliam injury—Kumerow probably could have taken some of Gilliam’s ST snaps.  But I suppose they can just as easily bring up Becker to take those snaps if they don’t feel comfortable with Kroft filling that role. 

Also, to the guy who wanted to cut Roberts instead of Kumerow . . . Kumerow probably will play in the league beyond this year.  But so will Roberts, and Roberts produces about the equivalent of a first down almost every time he returns a punt.  Pro Bowl nod and other accolades aside, the numbers speak for themselves, and Roberts produces at a high level. 

On 12/27/2020 at 12:20 PM, QLBillsFan said:

He was fun to have on the squad but doesn’t have a long term spot. Wish him the best. 

Yeah, he was fun to watch on coverage teams. He’d haul a$$ and when the kickoff would be a touchback, he’d still sprint all the way to the back of the end zone.