Kumerow claimed by Saints (now Waived by Saints)

aristocrat

9 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Can he theoretically be taken from any team every week if he is released from an active roster?  Or does he have to stay with the Saints for a minimum time. 

He gets signed and payed for minimum of 3 weeks.

Edit:  Sorry he was picked off waivers not from the PS.  No minimum of games but I see no reason the Saints will

cut him anytime soon.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t expect him to but, can’t he decline? He would have to think he’s be called up for the Bills very soon. 

I guess the active roster pay with NO would make it a no-brainer. Maybe they call ahead of time, like they did with Andre Roberts in the preseason, to ensure he’d sign. 

Edited by GymShorts84

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don’t think there is any minimum weeks of payment here. He wasn’t signed off of the PS. He was claimed off of waivers from the active roster. They can cut him anytime.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think there is any minimum here. He wasn’t signed off of the PS. He was claimed off of waivers from the active roster. They can cut him anytime. 

I've already edited my post.  I forgot he got claimed off waivers and not the PS.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They want him for Super Bowl intel....

He can safely tell them first hand that Josh can throw an absolute DART to score TD’s!

I hope he gets a (very) short term rental. A hotel that goes by the night (rather than the hour) seems fitting for this guy! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GymShorts84 said:

I wouldn’t expect him to but, can’t he decline? He would have to think he’s be called up for the Bills very soon. 

I guess the active roster pay with NO would make it a no-brainer. Maybe they call ahead of time, like they did with Andre Roberts in the preseason, to ensure he’d sign. 

Roberts was a vet who didn't have to clear waivers.  He was just a free agent.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Edit:  Sorry he was picked off waivers not from the PS.  No minimum of games but I see no reason the Saints will

cut him anytime soon.

I could see him being a placeholder until Michael Thomas comes off of IR

5 minutes ago, GymShorts84 said:

Andre Roberts and Dean Marlowe were waived just to allow the Bills to place G/C Jon Feliciano and WR Isaiah Hodgins on injured reserve.  

They were going to be resigned.

IMO the Bills discussed it with them ahead of time and both were okay with it.

• Sad 1