It has taken forever - but the Bills ARE feared

Kwai San

They should be...they are peaking at the right time. Offense is annihilating teams even without John Brown, defense is back to near last year levels and the special teams are rock solid in all phases.

The Bills have shown they can win virtually any type of game this year. Offensive shootouts, ball control running games, defensive battles, jumping out to big leads and not getting discouraged when they evaporate and they have to score to win after giving up leads, trailing in the beginning and overcoming it, running the clock out on opponents to end the game, etc...

They are battle tested in almost all situations.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

They should be...they are peaking at the right time. Offense is annihilating teams even without John Brown, defense is back to near last year levels and the special teams are rock solid in all phases.

The Bills have shown they can win virtually any type of game this year. Offensive shootouts, ball control running games, defensive battles, jumping out to big leads and not getting discouraged when they evaporate and they have to score to win after giving up leads, trailing in the beginning and overcoming it, running the clock out on opponents to end the game, etc...

They are battle tested in almost all situations.

But if we could only get a signature win...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12

7 minutes ago, eball said:

But if we could only get a signature win...

Yeah...now the Steelers aren't that anymore since they have lost 3 straight...2 to teams with losing records...I guess the fact we have the most wins against teams with winning records will have to do.

• Like (+1) 2

from the OP link

but the Bills (11-3) appear to be the most complete and balanced team with few weaknesses.

The Bills are balanced offensively, averaging 108.2 rushing and 289.6 passing yards per game, and Josh Allen has emerged as one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL this season, completing 351 of 511 passes for 4,000 yards and a quarterback rating of 104.2. Defensively, the Bills are allowing 121.3 rushing and 234.7 passing yards per game.

Plus, if the Bills get a playoff game or two at home it’s a major advantage because no one wants to play in Buffalo in January. 

BUT...  TBH, all playoff teams should be feared.  there is this word called upset. 

BUT... I aint skeered

• Like (+1) 1

If only Josh could throw a 300 yard game - done

If only Josh could throw a 400 yard game - done

If only we had a 100+ catch receiver - done

If only we could get at least 10 wins in a season - done

If only we could beat New England - done

If only we had a Sunday night game - done

Yep, they should be fearing us!

• Like (+1) 3

You know, I read this article in my local paper and thought about posting a link, but then I thought there's nothing in it Bills fans don't even know.   (I did react to the guy saying that with Beasley and Diggs the Bills have "a nice little passing game.")  

What's noteworthy about the article is that it exists at all.  It's just so satisfying to pick up the paper and see a feature article with that headline.  I never imagined seeing such a thing.   

What a trip this is. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

You know, I read this article in my local paper and thought about posting a link, but then I thought there's nothing in it Bills fans don't even know.   (I did react to the guy saying that with Beasley and Diggs the Bills have "a nice little passing game.")  

What's noteworthy about the article is that it exists at all.  It's just so satisfying to pick up the paper and see a feature article with that headline.  I never imagined seeing such a thing.   

What a trip this is. 

My cuz was the one who turned me on to this article.....I was surprised no one posted it yet.  I agree the article was a little condescending about the passing game but to see this being articulated in a major news outlet....well.  The BILLS HAVE arrived!

It Might Be Chilly!

Edited by Kwai San
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

If only the Bills could win on National TV -   Done

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

You skipped Allen averaging 60% completion percentage.

Part of that fear stems from their physicality. Like Tomlin said after the Steelers win, the Bills were more physical. They beat them up.

Despite my hatred for the teams, I've always respected that mentality from the Steelers, Pats, Titans....They're not just going to win, they're gonna beat you up while doing it.

I love that the Bills have that same presence.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

You forgot

If only we only won a Monday Night Game 

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

As Bills fans we thrash and gnash our teeth over whom it is they will play.  Fear not fellow fans....THEY are worried about the BILLS.

Rightly so......

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-sp-ravens-preston-bills-20201222-m5fgdhxnanaszcbpe5i5gta6su-story.html

They’re one fluke play away from not having lost in 2 & 1/2 months. I feel like the Hopkins TD actually caused the team to rally together, so they wouldn’t be in that position again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Or a 500 yd passing game ;) 

68% 

Well, I meant it for those people who complained about Allen not getting over 60%. It's one more of those boxes that have been checked.

• Like (+1) 1

This is great, I'm also loving the respect the Bills are getting now. Though I disagree with the author about the Browns being no problem for the Ravens should they meet in the postseason. They played one of (if not the) game of the year a few weeks ago and the Browns were scoring all over them. I'm actually surprised by the lack of respect the Browns are getting in the media. They're flying under the radar a bit and I think they could make some real noise in the playoffs.

As a Chiefs fan, the Bills are our biggest threat.  Kansas City has built a dynasty caliber team, but Buffalo is going to be a real problem for the foreseeable future.  So...I hope y’all lose early in the playoffs.  I have no desire to see a rematch, and that’s the highest compliment I can give.

20 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Let’s hope you end you list with:

If only we win the Super Bowl - Done

If only we win Super Bowls repeatedly - Done

:D