How about Tyler Matakevich?

billvernsays

5 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

A great ST player but at the end of the Denver game he was showing IMO he can play LB at this level. 

I've liked the guy since his Temple days, maybe our LB depth isn’t as bad as we thought. 

It's funny--in only a handful of plays, he was body-slamming guys. He was looking fierce out there! 

• Like (+1) 1

Matakevich won both the Bronko Nagurski trophy & the Chuck Bednarik award his senior year in college, & had 493 career tackles. The dude can play, speed is the only thing keeping from a bigger role.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It's funny--in only a handful of plays, he was body-slamming guys. He was looking fierce out there! 

and yet .. on ST coverage he is usually the first guy reaching the returner and making the tackle - just has a nose for the ball and takes great angles and knows how to avoid blocks

He looked like a tiger which had been kept in a cage and finally let out.

He went across the field to make one of those tackles.

He is a very good tackler.

I saw some film of him and suggested that he be given some snaps in relief and in goal line situations replacing a lighter player and was dismissed.

2 hours ago, billvernsays said:

A great ST player but at the end of the Denver game he was showing IMO he can play LB at this level. 

I've liked the guy since his Temple days, maybe our LB depth isn’t as bad as we thought. 

perhaps out of respect to his Family you could Capitalize his last name ?   lol
I was listening on the radio at the end of the game against Denver. and Murphy kept saying , correctly , "Matekevich with the tackle"
 and his ST play ? Very very good work..
But what do i know. I hated Klein for half the season...

31 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He has a role on ST but he is most definitely not someone you want playing meaningful snaps at LB.

because ?
see, thats cold of you. he is smart player without question.
 His game speed  and his recognition are not measured. .But we could agree he is slower and maybe not best in coverage
as a downhill LB ? perhaps  :). And I for one love that smash mouth LB on My Bills. situational and depth. love it

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

perhaps out of respect to his Family you could Capitalize his last name ?   lol
I was listening on the radio at the end of the game against Denver. and Murphy kept saying , correctly , "Matekevich with the tackle"
 and his ST play ? Very very good work..
But what do i know. I hated Klein for half the season...

It’s cool, we all did. 

No disrespect to his last name, there’s just no way I could spell it correctly so I copied and pasted from google and it was lower case there. 

Edited by billvernsays

2 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

It’s cool, we all did. 

No disrespect to his last name, there just no way I could spell it correctly so I copied and pasted from google and it was lower case there. 

Oh dear i hope you know i was just messin with ya's

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has had an excellent season on teams.

4 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I couldn't sleep this morning and am rewatching the Dolphins game.  Watch him sacrifice himself on the McKenzie Punt Return TD one more time.

He has been doing these sort of things a LOT this year.

• Like (+1) 1