Who do you guys want to play in the playoffs?

Adamb412

Doesn't a bunch of weird stuff need to happen to get the Dolphins?  If they get in they will almost certainly be 7.  That means we'd have to go 1-1 and still get the 2.  That seems pretty unlikely to me.  

At a minimum Pitt would have to lose 2 games and Tenn 1.  I can see Tenn losing to GB but that is not a certainty by any means.  Pitt losing to both Indy and Cle?  I don't see that either.  Also I really don't see us losing to Mia in week 17 if we're trying and we would be.  Baltimore has Giants/Bengals.  I think of all the things above, Balt losing to the Giants is the most likely and those odds are low.  The Pitt/Tenn/Buff trying to win but losing to Miami combo is lower yet.

Chiefs 

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I honestly don’t care as no one concerns me, until we get to the Chiefs.  They will be a handful, but I’ve come around to us being able to beat them.

It'll be a fun , tense , nail biting experience but we definitely  marching into KC expecting to win. 

With Smoke back, I see our offenses as pretty similar and our defense with an advantage.  

They'll be a handful, can't wait.

Hope Pitt loses and we slide into the 2 seed , so we don't play KC til Championship game.  

But every game will be tough lot of good teams in the AFC. I think KC/Buf are great teams though

I want in WC:

India. Rivers was always chocker in important games. Anti-clutch.

Miami. Bills are simply stronger by far

LV. But their chance is theoretical. They will not make PO

Clevland - we lost last year but now Josh is another. He will show Mayfirld who is real #1 draft pick of that draft

I don’t want:

Tenn. They have beaten up us badly. That was worst Bills game  this season. 

Balt. . One of elite franchises. They are strong every year. Ton of playoffs experience. I respect Harbaugh

next round Pitt. We proved we can beat them.

and KC in Conference final. I feel that KC will become Evil Empire for next decade instead of Patriots 

My preferred matchups are, in order:

1. Miami.  If they make the playoffs, it'll be a year ahead of schedule and their fans would be right to be happy.  But they gotten there with smoke and mirrors, relying on their opponents to beat themselves.  Tua may develop into a good QB, but he's not one at this stage of his career, and I have a hard time imagining this team keeping pace with our offense.  They're a better team with Fitz.

2. Indianapolis.  Their defense is good, but we've embarrassed better defenses.  Geriatric Phillip Rivers is not scary at all -- this is the type of offense I would most like to face.  If Frank Reich weren't involved, so that my superstitious side wasn't triggered, I might bump the Colts up to #1 on this list.

3. Cleveland.  To me there is a clear gap from #2 to #3.  Cleveland isn't as good as we are and we would be solid favorites over them, but they're a balanced team with a good running game, functional passing game, and pretty decent defense.  Nothing we can't overcome, but it would be nice to play someone more one-dimensional.

4. Baltimore.  Not a great team, but Jackson is good enough to give his team a chance to beat anybody.  

5. Tennessee.  Similar to Cleveland, only better across the board.  I would feel kind of jobbed if we finish 13-3 or 12-4 and end up having to play the Titans in the first round.

8 hours ago, sullim4 said:

Fins or Colts.

Week 17 might be very interesting - if the Dolphins win they could end up playing us.  If it's a win-and-in situation, where we end up playing the Ravens if we beat the Dolphins, or the Dolphins if they beat us in week 17... it might be wise to play it like a preseason game.

With no meaningful home field advantage this year and no bye, not sure I really care at this point. Playing in this empty stadium vs that empty stadium; who cares?   In fact, I might rather play in a warmer climate to keep the pass game rolling.  

I just want the team healthy and rested going in.  The only way this season derails is if they try to win out and get some key guys injured for the playoffs.   I'm fine ending up 11-5 but winning the SB.  Totally works for me.  

Just now, ProcessTruster said:

With no meaningful home field advantage this year and no bye, not sure I really care at this point. Playing in this empty stadium vs that empty stadium; who cares?   In fact, I might rather play in a warmer climate to keep the pass game rolling.   Playing KC in the second round?   That's OK too.   Bring 'em on.   Gotta get through em in any event.  

I just want the team healthy and rested going in.  The only way this season derails is if they try to win out and get some key guys injured for the playoffs.   I'm fine ending up 11-5 but winning the SB.  Totally works for me.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Chiefs 

It'll be a fun , tense , nail biting experience but we definitely  marching into KC expecting to win. 

With Smoke back, I see our offenses as pretty similar and our defense with an advantage.  

They'll be a handful, can't wait.

Hope Pitt loses and we slide into the 2 seed , so we don't play KC til Championship game.  

But every game will be tough lot of good teams in the AFC. I think KC/Buf are great teams though

We won't play kc from the two or three slot, they will get the remaining lower seed. It would be tough even from the four seed, both the 2 and 3 seeds would have to win in the wildcard round. 

54 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

D943010B-B66D-4BA4-9763-6E9790894D52.jpeg

I can totally understand fans being nervous about the Wild Card opponent.  

The things the Bills are accomplishing this year, are achievements they haven't reached in 25 years.  No matter how good they are playing, it's hard to have confidence in them winning a playoff game until they actually do it.  So many are hoping for the easiest opponent possible.

• In my opinion, Cleveland is the weakest team on the list (no way the Raiders make the playoffs).  The Browns defense is average/below average, and the strongest part of their offense is Nick Chubb.  I don't see any chance they can contain our passing offense.  This is the type of team where we could get an early lead and take Chubb out of the game.  Not to mention, the Browns haven't been to the playoffs in years, and there is usually an element of jitters and lack of experience in these situations.
  • The Dolphins would also be a good matchup.  Even though they have a pretty good defense, Josh Allen has a history of absolutely torching them.  And their offense has really been struggling since switching over to Tua.  For the same reasons as the Browns, I like the idea of playing a rookie QB in his first playoff game.  The only hesitancy I have, is playing a divisional opponent two weeks in a row.  Weird things often happen in these situations.
  • My next preference would be the Colts.  Phillip Rivers has a long history of falling apart in the playoffs, and he's not the QB he was 10-15 years ago.  Their pass defense is also pretty vulnerable, and I think we could score quite a few points on them.  Overall, Indianapolis is a well-coached team with solid talent across the board.  But there is nothing on the roster that really scares me.
  • Baltimore is a team that I really don't want to play.  Everything with them comes down to having the right defensive gameplan, and players executing it flawlessly.  If you can keep Lamar Jackson inside the pocket and throwing outside, the Ravens are going to struggle badly to score points.  But it only takes a couple slip-ups, and they will hang 35-40 on your defense easily.  This is also one defense that I think could keep us limited.  And after two straight playoff failures, they will be just as hungry as us.
  • Maybe it stems from memories of earlier this season, but Tennessee is the team I want to play the least.  Our run defense has improved greatly as the season has gone along.  But our D-Line is still very undersized, and I'm not sure I want to see them taking on Derrick Henry.  This is a big/physical team, which is patient enough to stick with the run game and check-downs regardless of the score.  They also have a solid defense.

Just watched that Henry smackdown of the Lions player from yesterday  - Yea they scare me - it's like we'd be going up against Clubber Lang.  (Rocky III reference there for younger guys).   But Titans D isn't that good; we win 47-43 in a shootout....  

And same goes for KC.  Watch Good Morning Football today - they're all saying that the Bills are a Juggernaught.  

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I honestly don’t care as no one concerns me, until we get to the Chiefs.  They will be a handful, but I’ve come around to us being able to beat them.

I think seeing as we played them earlier this season it might give us a better shot the second time Josh learns pretty quick and i think although you know Reid will come prepared i think the familiarity of playing them tough the first time might be a good thing if they can do more the second time around .

GO BILLS !! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

It's completely possible we could face the Dolphins in Orchard Park the last week of the regular season, and then again the first week of the playoffs. 

I don't know whether that would help us, but it's tough to beat the same good team twice in a row.

I really think regardless of seeding we need to sit starters for Miami wk 17. Gets them a break, but more importantly keeps us from tipping our hand and avoids injuries. Makes too much sense

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

Most likely it's going to be us in the 3 slot, if we are the 3 I can see us vs cleveland. I think we can take cleveland their defense is awful. Indy defense scares me and rivers is a seasoned vet that could be tricky. Baltimore would be coming in hot if we played them also could be difficult but their defense also isn't very good now. Seeing miami for a third time scares me because there's an old adage in the NFL 

"Difficult to beat a team 3 times in the same season"

Thoughts?

Give me anyone, They can beat any of these AFCE teams this year.