Mike Tomlin on physicality of Bills

CorkScrewHill

This really says a lot about the culture the Bills have built. He stated itt hasn’t happened often but the Bills physically outmatched the Steelers .. that is serious respect

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-tomlin-points-to-one-big-reason-the-steelers-lost-their-second-game-in-a-row/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA==

I love watching this team hit people

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I can't readily dismiss Smith-Schyster's logo dance as not furthering the Bills desire to put a beat down on the Steelers.

Contrary to Tomlin vowing he was not aware of the pregame stunt, I'm sure Bills players were.

.....that's an attitude I like to see.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

This really says a lot about the culture the Bills have built. He stated itt hasn’t happened often but the Bills physically outmatched the Steelers .. that is serious respect

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-tomlin-points-to-one-big-reason-the-steelers-lost-their-second-game-in-a-row/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA==

I love watching this team hit people

Loved this hit.

• Like (+1) 5

Three thing's

1. The Bills defense is definitely getting more physical and improving, especially with #49 healthy again and leading the way.  
2.  The o-line is better and meaner with Feliciano out there. 
3. The Bills are stacking the game day roster with Strong ST players.  

• Like (+1) 16

We are getting healthier and playing better each week in all three phases of the game.  We are peaking at just the right time.  I don't think I'm being a homer when I say this, if we can stay healthy, I think we have a chance to win it all this year.  I can't believe I'm actually saying that...

If the Bills win the Super Bowl, Buffalo will look like St. Patrick's Day, Mardi Gras, Cinco de Mayo, and Chinese New Year all rolled into one.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Three thing's

1. The Bills defense is definitely getting more physical and improving, especially with #49 healthy again and leading the way.  
2.  The o-line is better and meaner with Feliciano out there. 
3. The Bills are stacking the game day roster with Strong ST players.  

All good points. The 3rd point doesn’t get enough discussion. It was an area of opportunity and is now a strength. Pittsburgh media scoffed at the contract we gave #44 but in combination with other ST stalwarts it gives us great balance. And Bojo with one exception has been really good this year! Not to mention AR who is gonna break one soon. 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Playing the long game, Tomlin sees an advantage to a playoff matchup against us this postseason if his players are focused on being more physical.  Leader of our D isn’t a physical guy. Surprising how many game day analysts including Sunday night have called Tremaine physical. That’s hardly his game. He’s long and laterally fast, but I don’t recall him ever knocking the snot out of a running back. Not too many years ago we had a couple LBs with different games. Tremaine is much more London Fletcher than he is Takeo Spikes. He isn’t getting in the runners grill to knock him out, he’s instead trying to bring him down without a big collision. I love his skills but it’s poor homework to call him physical. Was the team more physical Sunday than Pitt? Maybe, but not by a large margin IMO. My guess is Tomlin looking at the likelihood of seeing us again and shaming his guys a bit for the rematch.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AKC said:

Playing the long game, Tomlin sees an advantage to a playoff matchup against us this postseason if his players are focused on being more physical.  Leader of our D isn’t a physical guy. Surprising how many game day analysts including Sunday night have called Tremaine physical. That’s hardly his game. He’s long and laterally fast, but I don’t recall him ever knocking the snot out of a running back. Not too many years ago we had a couple LBs with different games. Tremaine is much more London Fletcher than he is Takeo Spikes. He isn’t getting in the runners grill to knock him out, he’s instead trying to bring him down without a big collision. I love his skills but it’s poor homework to call him physical. Was the team more physical Sunday than Pitt? Maybe, but not by a large margin IMO. My guess is Tomlin looking at the likelihood of seeing us again and shaming his guys a bit for the rematch.

That's a good read on it.

Although the way the Bills were running to the ball on defense was no joke; there was some big league gang-tackling going on out there.

• Like (+1) 1

Same was said by many observers about the 49ers game.  That the Bills ended up being the more physical team over the 49ers as well who is known to be bullies themselves.

This Bills team is beginning to turn it on in all aspects at the right time.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Loved this hit.

That hit really makes me miss Danny Crossman.  Not because I still want him as our ST coordinator but because I want to him him like that.  Maybe Marrone will eventually.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, AKC said:

Jesus. When did you come back? 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's see it again Saturday. Perfect trap game between the big bad 11-1 Steelers and a trip to finish off the Patriots after this one. I can see them lose focus on a short week against a non divisional team whose record isn't great. I'd love for the Bills physicality to be an every week, every game thing as we head down the stretch and into the playoffs. Tomlin's statements are great reinforcement for how the Bills are playing. Now let's keep doing it and make it an identity.

21 minutes ago, SDS said:

Jesus. When did you come back? 👍

I heard Simon was stirring up the pot and since the greatest post ever on this Board was in response to his literary skills I figured I might take a look. How are the Bills doing? 😏 Hope things are going good with you and the balance.

Edited by AKC
  • Like (+1) 2