Tre campaigning to get a real buffalo as the Bills mascot(video)...hilarious

Big Turk

Tre is on a podcast with Kim Pegula and Maddie Glab and Kim says that Tre has been campaigning for a real buffalo to be the Bills mascot and how they looked into it and it's expensive to have the buffalo travel from Colorado and the best thing would be to raise their own...Tre says he is going to make it happen and they are going to have it right on the side of the field....dude is hilarious! So glad we have guys that are genuinely good people on this team that also know how to cut loose and have fun.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1337464919046778882?s=20

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Tre is on a podcast with Kim Pegula and Maddie Glab and Kim says that Tre has been campaigning for a real buffalo to be the Bills mascot and how they looked into it and it's expensive to have the buffalo travel from Colorado and the best thing would be to raise their own...Tre says he is going to make it happen and they are going to have it right on the side of the field....dude is hilarious! So glad we have guys that are genuinely good people on this team that also know how to cut loose and have fun.

Does he still want Josh to ride it out of the tunnel?

he's a national treasure.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1337464919046778882?s=20

But it's not just the buffalo, you gotta have someone to care for it and someplace to house it, and veterinary care, and then you need to be concerned it could live a sad lonely bison life so it needs environmental enrichment and buffalo friends - maybe not more buffalo but like maybe a goat or a donkey or a horse - HEY!  ED OLIVER!

• Haha (+1) 4

I'm glad they are kidding as this is an incredibly stupid idea. No one should take this seriously. 

A buffalo (bison, actually) is a wild animal. This is no different than a circus elephant or an orca at Seaworld. A domesticated animal like a horse or cow, fine. They are bred to be around people and trainable. The stress on a bison to do this would be just cruel. I know teams have done stupid s#$t like this in the past and some college teams still likely use wild animals in cages as "mascots" (see: Mike the Tiger @ LSU). People have gotten a lot more sensible and aware of what this does to wild animals and the public outcry you'd get for doing this would be enough to stop it and make the team look like dopes.

My 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

I'm glad they are kidding as this is an incredibly stupid idea. No one should take this seriously. 

A buffalo (bison, actually) is a wild animal. This is no different than a circus elephant or an orca at Seaworld. A domesticated animal like a horse or cow, fine. They are bred to be around people and trainable. The stress on a bison to do this would be just cruel. I know teams have done stupid s#$t like this in the past and some college teams still likely use wild animals in cages as "mascots" (see: Mike the Tiger @ LSU). People have gotten a lot more sensible and aware of what this does to wild animals and the public outcry you'd get for doing this would be enough to stop it and make the team look like dopes.

My 2 cents.

I saw some kept in a fenced in area in Kansas as a historical location where bison used to be prevalent. It was one of those natural habitat center type things...pretty cool...I got some great pics.