Canceling student loans

shoshin

Well let's look at it from a different angle they for sure can't come close to winning another election on Bidens actions up to this point so they have to buy votes any way they can the ignorants of todays youth will think this is a great thing because we live in a world wth little to no consequences .

Which this administration has just fortified that with this action and then they are stupid enough to think that this won't add to inflation that just about says it all when you take out more money to pay for defaulted loans & there is no money to pay for it who is going to pay --- WE ARE !! 

I really don't know how these people walk and chew gum at the same time given this type of thought ...

• Like (+1) 1

Ok Chef Jim, the numbers guy, is back.  Let’s run the numbers shall we. So by reducing the average student loan debt by $10k it will save the borrower $100 per month.  Woohoo!!  This is nothing but midterm optical BS. I wonder what the cost will be to restructure all those loans?  🤦🏻‍♂️

And this will do NOTHING to address the problem regarding the high cost of a college education. If anything it will likely embolden universities to charge even more for college.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Where are the details on this boondoggle?  Is it a one time thing or every year?  What about students that borrow in the future?  No luck for them?  This is another Demented Biden mess.  Desperately pandering for votes. 

I went to SUNY Buffalo.  I took out loans, worked three jobs, and paid off my loans in-full and on time.  There were times In school, when I went hungry.  Then I get an MBA, working full-time, and do the same.  My final mistake  -  I'm stupid enough to put two kids through St Bonaventure.  Made my last payment earlier this year.  Never borrowed a dime.  

What a slap in the face.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok Chef Jim, the numbers guy, is back.  Let’s run the numbers shall we. So by reducing the average student loan debt by $10k it will save the borrower $100 per month.  Woohoo!!  This is nothing but midterm optical BS. I wonder what the cost will be to restructure all those loans?  🤦🏻‍♂️

And this will do NOTHING to address the problem regarding the high cost of a college education. If anything it will likely embolden universities to charge even more for college.  

I always thought of you as the Lard Guy, but I follow your point.  

Prediction:  This is Phase 1.  Obviously, it’s phase 17, but it sets the stage for the next forgiveness plan in a year or two.  

It’s good to have you back, Lard Guy. 

48 minutes ago, Irv said:

Where are the details on this boondoggle?  Is it a one time thing or every year?  What about students that borrow in the future?  No luck for them?  This is another Demented Biden mess.  Desperately pandering for votes. 

I went to SUNY Buffalo.  I took out loans, worked three jobs, and paid off my loans in-full and on time.  There were times In school, when I went hungry.  Then I get an MBA, working full-time, and do the same.  My final mistake  -  I'm stupid enough to put two kids through St Bonaventure.  Made my last payment earlier this year.  Never borrowed a dime.  

I dunno Irv.  You taught your children a valuable lesson on love, parenting, shared commitment and meeting your obligations.  The fact that others may not see it that way, or see themselves as victims of a system they had no control over is completely irrelevant to that very important point.  

Plus, IRV IS A RICH GUY!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I always thought of you as the Lard Guy, but I follow your point.  

Prediction:  This is Phase 1.  Obviously, it’s phase 17, but it sets the stage for the next forgiveness plan in a year or two.  

It’s good to have you back, Lard Guy. 

I won’t be around as much as I used to be.  Retirement is way too enjoyable to spend it with knuckleheads. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

With respect, Irv, this is the wrong narrative to throw at this issue. You worked hard and you paid the G or whoever back. Ok, me too. But the corporations and banana republics these crooks hand trillions to also “pay it back.” 

Conservatives should oppose this because it benefits leftists and left-of-center institutions of power. Full stop. 

If the GOP was actually interested in serving its voting bloc, they would propose 100% student loan debt cancellation for married families with 3+ children. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I don't remember a time when so many people opposed something so universally; Left, right, middle, and other... everyone. The best argument I heard from the left yesterday was that we can't know how bad this is...

Its amazing how stupid this is on every level. Burden the rank and file to bail out the college elites … the cut off is Hh income of a quarter million a year?!?? 

combat the massive inflation of college tuition caused by decades of easy federal money and subsidies by further federal helicopter money and intervention. 

The total lack of economic literacy among the population is just astounding. I even heard a giddy policy wonk on Bloomberg giggle nobody pays anything it just he he goes away… heheh 

morons! 

50 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I dunno Irv.  You taught your children a valuable lesson on love, parenting, shared commitment and meeting your obligations.  The fact that others may not see it that way, or see themselves as victims of a system they had no control over is completely irrelevant to that very important point.  

Plus, IRV IS A RICH GUY!!! 

Thanks.  Not rich.  Just cheap.  I can stretch a penny into copper wire.  

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Just when they need to buy votes because their policies are so terrible.  This should have been done when Joke entered office, since it was a campaign promise of his.  But he waits until now for some reason...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Just when they need to buy votes because their policies are so terrible.  This should have been done when Joke entered office, since it was a campaign promise of his.  But he waits until now for some reason...

Wow.  I never really looked at it that way.  You're 100% right.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

yes the real taxpayers are left leaning since blue states pay the most Federal taxes:

Federal-tax-by-state.png

I wonder what the difference in population in Virginia or New Jersey and California is.  I wonder if maybe that has anything to do with it?