Bills can clinch a playoff spot for the 2nd year in a row by beating the Steelers

If we win Sunday night and the Ravens, Dolphins, Raiders and Patriots all lose we clinch a playoff spot.

*edit* We would clinch Monday night if all this happens since the Browns and Ravens play Monday

Pats vs Rams

Dolphins vs Chiefs 

Raiders vs Colts

Ravens vs Browns

Edited by streetkings01
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A win against the Steelers and a Miami loss would put the Bills up 2 in the division with 3 games left to go. I don't know how the tie breakers would work but it could be possible with a win over the Steelers and Broncos the Bills would clinch as they would hit 11 wins and Miami would have 5 losses with a loss to KC. I do think that if the Bills beat the Steelers, Miami loses to KC and the Bills beat the Pats then the Bills would clinch as they would have the tie breaker over Miami and the Broncos and Fins games would be irrelevnat.

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

A win against the Steelers and a Miami loss would put the Bills up 2 in the division with 3 games left to go. I don't know how the tie breakers would work but it could be possible with a win over the Steelers and Broncos the Bills would clinch as they would hit 11 wins and Miami would have 5 losses with a loss to KC. I do think that if the Bills beat the Steelers, Miami loses to KC and the Bills beat the Pats then the Bills would clinch as they would have the tie breaker over Miami and the Broncos and Fins games would be irrelevnat.

espn playoff machine says we win the next two and miami loses to the chiefs we win the division with worst case of us losing the next 2 and miami winning out.  This essentially means our magic number (from baseball) for winning the division is 3.  

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

espn playoff machine says we win the next two and miami loses to the chiefs we win the division with worst case of us losing the next 2 and miami winning out.  This essentially means our magic number (from baseball) is 3.  

It is such a huge game as Miami has finally hit the harder stretch of their schedule. The Fins have seemingly had a very soft stretch but now are finally hitting some other games that aren't gimmies. If the Bills can beat a good Steelers team not only would the team hit its confidence at the right time but it would most likely set up a scenario where 1 win in the next 2 games clinches the division. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

If we win Sunday night and the Ravens, Dolphins, Raiders and Patriots all lose we clinch a playoff spot.

*edit* We would clinch Monday night if all this happens since the Browns and Ravens play Monday

Pats vs Rams

Dolphins vs Chiefs 

Raiders vs Colts

Ravens vs Browns

It's entirely possible that we clinch on Monday night.   The Carp and the Ravens looked good in their last games, but the Chiefs and Browns looked better.   Moreover, the Ravens played the crappy Cowpatties while the Browns whipped the Titans and knocked them out of the AFCS lead.

The tweet is 3 minutes old

The NFL announced the following scenario for the Buffalo Bills to clinch their third playoff berth in four seasons. Here's what needs to happen.

BUFFALO BILLS (9-3) (vs. Pittsburgh (11-1), Sunday night, 8:20 PM ET, NBC)

Buffalo clinches playoff berth with:

1. BUF win + BAL loss + MIA loss + LV loss + NE loss or tie

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Pats vs Rams

Dolphins vs Chiefs 

Raiders vs Colts

Ravens vs Browns

Holy crap that's the first time I looked at this week's matchups....that is VERY possible fellas!!!  Like for real..

The Pats are riding high and everyone is back on their sacks, but the way they've been winning is simply not sustainable...Lord have mercy they smoked the Chargers and didn't Cam have less than a hundred yards passing??  As well as the Dolphins have been playing, I'm sorry I do not see them beating the Chiefs in Arrowhead...the Raiders got thumped by Atlanta a few weeks ago, and the Colts just beat the Titans...and the Browns have been playing some solid football too...

Wow, I can totally see us clinching a playoff berth Sunday night...thank you for posting this!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Pats vs Rams

Dolphins vs Chiefs 

Raiders vs Colts

Ravens vs Browns

To many IF's for me.

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The real measuring stick is at New England.  Bills are a better team than New England and they just need to prove it with a win on the road.

NE have won four of their last five...it will be a tough game.  Go Bills.

6 hours ago, wjag said:

Come on LAR, do Buffalo a solid.  After all, we let you back into that game...

They owe us after we took out Seattle and SF (who they lost to TWICE!) especially after they ***** the bed against Mia and 70 yard Tua. 

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I have this feeling that NE will pick off Goff 3 or 4 times and roll them by a couple scores.

It could go that way, but it could also easily be LA rolling the pats. People get caught up in the Pats beating the Rams 1 dimensional offense and taking out Kyler who exhausted his entire skill set on on play against us and has been pretty average otherwise. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1