Confirmed: Moss benched after fumble

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Shoulda benched Josh then too ✌️

Can you imagine if we didn't see Josh again until like the 4th quarter? People would of been outside the facility with torches and pick forks.

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

There ought to be positive consequences for good actions and bad/corrective consequences for poor actions. 

Otherwise chaos reigns.  

Yeah when you do well they keep feeding you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

That was wildly overreactive on McDermott's part and one of the few times I'll give him grief for an in-game decision.

You want to make a point and sit him for a couple series? OK, fine. Use it as a teaching moment.

But Moss has a unique skillset among our backs and is the only guy we have that can drop his pad level to get tough extra yards.

Whether it's goal to go or short yardage downs, Moss has become an integral part of this team that does a job that nobody else can do. There were multiple instances throughout that game where we could have really used him out there and McDermott gluing him to the bench for virtually the entire game accomplished nothing more than to hurt the rest of the team.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

That was wildly overreactive on McDermott's part and one of the few times I'll give him grief for an in-game decision.

You want to make a point and sit him for a couple series? OK, fine. Use it as a teaching moment.

But Moss has a unique skillset among our backs and is the only guy we have that can drop his pad level to get tough extra yards.

Whether it's goal to go or short yardage downs, Moss has become an integral part of this team that does a job that nobody else can do. There were multiple instances throughout that game where we could have really used him out there and McDermott gluing him to the bench for virtually the entire game accomplished nothing more than to hurt the rest of the team.

I mean they weren't really slowing us down and Singletary was doing fine.

• Like (+1) 11

Just now, Simon said:

It didn’t hurt the team as they couldn’t be stopped on offense all night. I also saw Singletary running harder last night. I will agree I think you sit him for a few series and not as long as he did however, that is how McDermott treats rookies period. 

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Speaking of wildly overreactive...

We dominated them most of the game. He wasnt missed.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that’s cause he probably won’t be handling the ball again anytime soon. 

They ran him in the fourth quarter last night one carry. 

He also lost the ball earlier they called a fumble but then overturned it because he was barely down. Even though we kept the ball that may have influenced McD keeping him out that long. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Did he come back later on in the game and make a reception?

I thought so too but when I checked the play by play on ESPN they didn’t list one. It was on the same drive they gave him a carry. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

In what way did it "hurt the team?". The offense was literally unstoppable the entire night. Not having Moss in the game wasn't some drastic drop off. I think fumbling from inside his own end zone hurt the team WAY more than him sitting on the bench for half the game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

It didn’t hurt the team as they couldn’t be stopped on offense all night. I also saw Singletary running harder last night. I will agree I think you sit him for a few series and not as long as he did however, that is how McDermott treats rookies period. 

Yep, dude hates rookies so much that he actually started Nathan Peterman over Josh Allen once upon a time. 

• Haha (+1) 2