Bills-49ers Defensive Snap Counts are up. Make what you will of 'em.

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

I know he gets beat a bit. But he’s opposite an all pro so he’s gonna get all the action. He was in the neighborhood on most plays. Was really close to deflecting a few others. D line pressure was ok but not great. Wallace is the starter and with the possible exception of the rookie Jackson I think he’s our two cb. 

I thought that DPI penalty on Levi was ricky tick

• Like (+1) 8

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't know where to find those numbers but I was convinced last week that his snaps were not only going up, but that he was being used in key, late game situations way more than he ever had in his time here.

I think he might be making a move up the depth chart, at least in the minds of his coaches.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnDa10.htm

Sorry can't put directly in from here.  Started with 30%, took a plunge, took another plunge, last 2 games going up again

Was he injured?  I seem to vaguely remember him showing up on injury report

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I thought Butler played quite well last night

I agree and would go so far to say it was his and Dirty Harrys best game of the season. 

18 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'd like to see more of what Dane Jackson has to offer. 

He’s not on the active roster and I think it’s pretty clear he wouldn’t be a clear upgrade THIS season. I think we’ll see more next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

42 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

He’s not on the active roster and I think it’s pretty clear he wouldn’t be a clear upgrade THIS season. I think we’ll see more next year. 

didnt Dane Jackson suffer a serious knee injury? I thought he was out for the year. But maybe I am wrong? 

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The were in nickel the whole game?  I’m positive I saw Milano Klein and Edmunds on at the same time for a few plays... Wonder who came out? 

i thought so too.  But Taron Johnson played 60 of 61 snaps and Milano and Klein combined for 61, so it seems it was always 1 or the other LB

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On defense (click to embiggen).  Order  is 1st 2 col offense, col 3,4 defense, col 5,6 ST

image.png.4fd5239a9c7ea167181478cdd4dd4f54.png

Kinda looks like Klein losing snaps to MILANOOOOOOO and Zimmer losing snaps to Harry, who was up 5% from 25% to 30% of the snaps

Oliver and Butler still look like the go-to DT pairing

Surprised that Darryl Johnson took so many snaps at end

they have increased Johnson's time in the rotation the last two weeks and he has made a couple of plays plus a big play on special teams. Think they need to start to see what they have there. Their lack of youth at DE has been much commented on. They need to work out how much they can reasonably expect to get from AJ and DJ in 2021 because it will inform their offseason strategy both in respect of Hughes and Addison but also in respect of FA and the draft.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought that DPI penalty on Levi was ricky tick

Was just a flat out bad call. I rarely say that about DPI calls.... I can normally see where the call comes from even if it appears a bit soft. That one however was just a flat out awful call.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Edmunds plays his own position. It isnt either/or with him.

It's really Milano & Klein. No need to rush him back with how well Klein has been playing. Get him some light reps to ease back in. And it gives us a TON of different looks we can throw at opposing QBs.

They actually used Edmunds as an OLB off the edge in an almost Zo like manner on a few passing downs...  which was a nice change up.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe he's getting back into form finally.

It really was a terrible injury -considering it’s the 2nd time and ‘replacement parts’ were depleted. It seems many here have written him off because he didn’t/couldn’t jump right back in during a non-preseason year and pick right up where left off 🤦‍♂️. He was playing GREAT at the time of the injury. Yes, he’s been a ‘coaches choice’ for inactive a few times, but you just know he’s bustin’azz every day to further his rehab. Constant swelling and discomfort are virtually automatic when frantically rehabbing from this destructive injury. His ‘Want To!’ is off the charts. He loves the game, his team and is a fantastic ambassador for the community! For me, it’s great to see he’s finally getting quality reps and slowing re-establishing himself as a contributor to our Defense! God knows we can use the help!

Proud of you, Horrible One! 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It really was a terrible injury -considering it’s the 2nd time and ‘replacement parts’ were depleted. It seems many here have written him off because he didn’t/couldn’t jump right back in during a non-preseason year and pick right up where left off 🤦‍♂️. He was playing GREAT at the time of the injury. Yes, he’s been a ‘coaches choice’ for inactive a few times, but you just know he’s bustin’azz every day to further his rehab. Constant swelling and discomfort are virtually automatic when frantically rehabbing from this destructive injury. His ‘Want To!’ is off the charts. He loves the game, his team and is a fantastic ambassador for the community! For me, it’s great to see he’s finally getting quality reps and slowing re-establishing himself as a contributor to our Defense! God knows we can use the help!

Proud of you, Horrible One! 

I actually think the opposite I think in the summer there were a lot of people here who were guilty of just presuming he was an automatic pick up where he left off guy. I am not one bit surprised that he struggled. The uptick in his form since he was a healthy scratch for a couple of games has been necessary because without it he was close to the roster bubble. In a non covid year where there was a bit less flexibility in call ups etc the Bills might have had a very difficult decision to make when they were covering for injuries elsewhere. Hopefully he can re-establish himself in the last few weeks of the season and build some momentum to take into 2021.

7 hours ago, Motorin' said:

He is out of free call ups. They would have to elevate him to the 53 at this point and that means cutting someone.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

they have increased Johnson's time in the rotation the last two weeks and he has made a couple of plays plus a big play on special teams. Think they need to start to see what they have there. Their lack of youth at DE has been much commented on. They need to work out how much they can reasonably expect to get from AJ and DJ in 2021 because it will inform their offseason strategy both in respect of Hughes and Addison but also in respect of FA and the draft.

D Johnson is starting to show that he’ll be in the league for a while. A few things that I’ve noticed about his improvement.... His playing speed has increased in both teams and DE. I think he’s finally comfortable and confident enough in the NFL to be aggressive.  Johnson’s definitely gotten stronger, and that extra strength has allowed him to utilize his speed and length more effectively. The biggest change is that Johnson is now utilizing that power with counter moves. Notably he’s figured out how to transition from running the arc to a bull rush or rip when he gets a tackle off balance. I think we’re seeing those counter moves and hand fighting manifest in his ability to be effective on teams as well. 

It’s really encouraging to see the small school guy beginning to figure it all out as our starters age. At the very least with Johnson and Epenesa we know we have solid depth if not starters behind Hughes and Addison. It’s encouraging as the latter two are getting a little long in the tooth. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’ll never understand the lack of respect Levi Wallace gets around here. 

Especially since there was a lot of angst when he was out. 

• Like (+1) 1