Post Game thread Bills @ 49ers

Chandler#81

10 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Again, not sure why that was a “toss up” game but the announcers really, really wanted it to be. Even well into the fourth. 

SF just beat the Rams the week before, a very good Rams team. And they were starting to get some more players back. It made sense.

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it was a nearly complete game when we haven’t heard a peep from the 3 or 4 miserable posters who add their black cloud to every W in the post game thread. “Yeah but Allen didn’t throw for 400 and should have had a pick that was called back” STFU.

Loved seeing Ike out there instead of Winters. Felt bad for Moss but that was a horrible gaff and I’m glad they sat him the rest of the way. He will get plenty more chances, that’s how you learn.

Nothing to add about Allen that hasn’t already been said. Announcers were forced to praise Allen and the Bills after getting on their knees for SF at the begining. Love to see it.

No one gives a sht about your fantasy football team.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

You know it was a nearly complete game when we haven’t heard a peep from the 3 or 4 miserable posters who add their black cloud to every W in the post game thread. “Yeah but Allen didn’t throw for 400 and should have had a pick that was called back” STFU.

Loved seeing Ike out there instead of Winters. Felt bad for Moss but that was a horrible gaff and I’m glad they sat him the rest of the way. He will get plenty more chances, that’s how you learn.

Nothing to add about Allen that hasn’t already been said. Announcers were forced to praise Allen and the Bills after getting on their knees for SF at the begining. Love to see it.

No one gives a sht about your fantasy football team.

Go Bills!

It’s beyond me that the fumble is put on Allen. Moss closed his arms before the ball reached his midsection. That’s a fundamental taught in Pop Warner/Little League ferchristsake!

I hope NFL Stats correct this gaff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s beyond me that the fumble is put on Allen. Moss closed his arms before the ball reached his midsection. That’s a fundamental taught in Pop Warner/Little League ferchristsake!

I hope NFL Stats correct this gaff.

I agree. I don’t know how there is any possible way that gets credited to Allen when it was clear Moss closed his arms too early and coughed it up.

• Like (+1) 1

I kept hearing that he 49ers were the #1 team in the NFL vs slot receivers coming into the game. Challenge Accepted...

Just now, RunTheBall said:

I agree. I don’t know how there is any possible way that gets credited to Allen when it was clear Moss closed his arms too early and coughed it up.

All fumbles that occur on the hand-off are credited to the QB. It's always been that way. It was 100% on Moss, but Allen takes the hit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

My only gripe is the end of half clock management

Wha wha wha whaaaaatt?????? That was an absolute thing of beauty. Perfection. Reminded me of the PATS in Brady's prime.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 947 said:

I kept hearing that he 49ers were the #1 team in the NFL vs slot receivers coming into the game. Challenge Accepted...

All fumbles that occur on the hand-off are credited to the QB. It's always been that way. It was 100% on Moss, but Allen takes the hit.

Probably, Allen doesn't care.  He'll gladly take it for Moss and the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

Wha wha wha whaaaaatt?????? That was an absolute thing of beauty. Perfection. Reminded me of the PATS in Brady's prime.

We got points and still had a TO to spare.

I think folks wigged out when they saw the run on 1st down and never caught up to what the Bills were doing.

It was great management, and great execution by the players.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

We got points and still had a TO to spare.

I think folks wigged out when they saw the run on 1st down and never caught up to what the Bills were doing.

It was great management, and great execution by the players.

I must admit ..I missed that drive.  Expected the Bills of old and assumed they were running for the locker room.  Got up to use the bathroom, walked back in the living room to see them lining up for a FG.  WTF!  

They simply excelled in every aspect of this game.  This was them on day night game we have been wishing for!  And I’m savoring every wonderful moment ...still. 

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

I still have a drought hangover. As good as we are now, I still find myself worried when there's 6 mins left and the bills have a lead. I lived through Bledsoe/losman/Edwards/fitz/manuel and the hangover still lingers a bit. Hoping this fades away. It's definitely starting to. Now let's beat the steelers 

Let the fog keep lifting, my friend.

Go Bills!

46 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

they wasted downs and timeouts. I like that they ran the clock down a little on first down in case they had to punt, but they used  up 45 seconds when it should have been closer to 30. could have  achieved the same goal and had a few more shots at the end zone. 

It’s admittedly nit picky but perfection would have been a TD there. 

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK so after I posted this, saw there was another whole "Ike thread" and that stated Winters did start the game on the right side and Mongo on the left, but then they quickly benched Winters, shifted Feleciano over and put Ike on left side.  Winters came back in for Mongo when he got nicked up, but that was about it for him.  That may have been what I saw was Winters playing at the beginning of game.

I think that was incorrect as I noticed Mongo at RG and Ike at LG from the get go.  Believe the poster was confused by graphic listing Winters as starting at RG.  

51 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I was thinking similar thoughts.

They took enough time off the clock, that if they didn’t get the first down, they would’ve not given the Niners much time left. Once they got the first down, they marched down the field to get the FG. And it all started at the 10 yard line!

McD was smiling when he talked about that in the post game presser.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1