How about Aaron Jones at RB next year?

Buffalo03

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He's a 2021 free agent, severely underused in Green Bay, an excellent receiver out of the backfield with good hands and needs to have a lead back role. Just turned 26 on Dec 2nd so we can get a solid 4 years out of him at least. He has more rushing TDs than any other RB the last 2 seasons. There is absolutely no way that I can see this guy choosing to resign in GB. He would be stupid to do that.

Granted, Moss and Singletary are here. I like both but I'd rather have Aaron Jones over Singletary. I also wouldn't mind sets with two of our backs on the field at the same time. I read an article of the top 5 places for him next year and all of the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets were on the list. I'd rather not have him in the division unless it's in our backfield. What does everyone think? I would love the idea of Aaron Jones being here

You don't use 2 3rd round picks on RB's and then go Free Agent, besides that, the cap next year will be an issue for most teams, especially us. Not a wise decision.

Teams making a run at the Super Bowl shouldn’t pay any attention to the salary cap.  Kansas City had $177 of imaginary cap space before signing Mahomes and Chris Jones to $600,000,000 worth of contracts and later adding Leveon Bell.  Allen will be a bargain for 2 more seasons.    You should be mashing the throttle.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I think they can jettison Butler, Jefferson and Matakevich without much drop-off in talent, and why I grouped them initially.  Brown is getting up there and has a history of injuries, and his cap number doesn't help him.  Maybe an extension candidate.  Smith could go, I don't care.  Addison is a toss-up for me.

Whats Matakevich making? Can't he much. He sees a higher % of STs snaps than anyone else, proli not worth it

I know a lot of people will blow their gasket at the suggestion, but the Bills should draft Travis Etienne in the 1st next year. He can take it to the house on any play, and catch 50+ balls a year out of the backfield. So what if the Bills spent two 3rd round picks on RBs. You don't pass on a guy that can be better than Alvin Kamara. No one late in the 1st will have the impact he will have. 

Edited by Motorin'

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He's a 2021 free agent, severely underused in Green Bay, an excellent receiver out of the backfield with good hands and needs to have a lead back role. Just turned 26 on Dec 2nd so we can get a solid 4 years out of him at least. He has more rushing TDs than any other RB the last 2 seasons. There is absolutely no way that I can see this guy choosing to resign in GB. He would be stupid to do that.

Granted, Moss and Singletary are here. I like both but I'd rather have Aaron Jones over Singletary. I also wouldn't mind sets with two of our backs on the field at the same time. I read an article of the top 5 places for him next year and all of the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets were on the list. I'd rather not have him in the division unless it's in our backfield. What does everyone think? I would love the idea of Aaron Jones being here

450 touches for 2443 yard and 27 TDs in 25 games is "severely underused" (in a top 6 Passing Offense)?

ok..

Anyway, why would he be "stupid" to resign with the Packers?

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

450 touches for 2443 yard and 27 TDs in 25 games is "severely underused" (in a top 6 Passing Offense)?

ok..

Anyway, why would he be "stupid" to resign with the Packers?

Most RBs have 450 touches a season. If you watched GB games you would see he is severely underused in that offense. He averages about 15 touches a game. He should be getting 25 carries alone and he's not

18 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Most RBs have 450 touches a season. If you watched GB games you would see he is severely underused in that offense. He averages about 15 touches a game. He should be getting 25 carries alone and he's not

There is not a single RB on pace to come close to 450 touches this season....the front runners are on pace for maybe 400.

There is a grand total of zero RBs getting 25 carries a game.  There are only 2 over 20.  Henry has only 23 per game, and he has 50 more carries than the guy who is #3 on the list!!......yet your argument is that the top scoring Offense in the NFL needs to run its feature back more than any other team in the NFL?

Yeah,  I'm not moved by that argument.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Maybe.  They can clear $18.75M by cutting Butler, Jefferson and Matakevich.  If they cut Morse, it's another $4.875M.  Brown is $8.175M.  Addison is $6.225M.  Lee Smith is $2.25M.

Bills can create cap room by restructuring some contracts.  They don't have to cut guys if they don't want to.

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There is not a single RB on pace to come close to 450 touches this season....the front runners are on pace for maybe 400.

There is a grand total of zero RBs getting 25 carries a game.  There are only 2 over 20.  Henry has only 23 per game, and he has 50 more carries than the guy who is #3 on the list!!......yet your argument is that the top scoring Offense in the NFL needs to run its feature back more than any other team in the NFL?

Yeah,  I'm not moved by that argument.

Most starting RBs get over 300 carries a season easily. I watch Packers games and he splits carries with Jamaal Williams. There are multiple drives a game where Williams is in and doesn't come out at all. He is way underutilized. He should be used like a McCaffery, Elliott, Kamara and all those guys. He doesn't get enough touches. Plain and simple. He should be getting just carries wise at least 15 to 20 carries a game. He is lucky to get that in just touches

Edited by Buffalo03

9 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Bills can create cap room by restructuring some contracts.  They don't have to cut guys if they don't want to.

Restructuring is always an option, but just pushes money out further.  They can get about $21M in savings by cutting 4 players who they likely won't miss.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Most starting RBs get over 300 carries a season easily. I watch Packers games and he splits carries with Jamaal Williams. There are multiple drives a game where Williams is in and doesn't come out at all. He is way underutilized. He should be used like a McCaffery, Elliott, Kamara and all those guys. He doesn't get enough touches. Plain and simple

400, 300.....whatever, right? you're a moving target!

Jones has 14.4 carries per game to Williams's 9.8.

Jones has more touches per game than Kamara and 1 less than Elliot.  

Only two (2) RBs had over 300 (barely) carries last season and only 3 are on pace to break that this season.  So....you are wrong again by another mile.  Plain and simple.

Edited by Mr. WEO

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

400, 300.....whatever, right? you're a moving target!

Jones has 14.4 carries per game to Williams's 9.8.

Jones has more touches per game than Kamara and 1 less than Elliot.  

Only two (2) RBs had over 300 (barely) carries last season and only 3 are on pace to break that this season.  So....you are wrong again by another mile.  Plain and simple.

Ok starting RBs in the past USED to get over 300 carries a season. My bad. The point is, he is severely underutilized. His carries to Jamaal Williams should be more of like 17 or 18 carries a game with Jamaal as a backup getting maybe around 6 or 7 tops. And he should be getting targeted more in the passing game. He is not gettinf the touches he should. The GB backfield is literally identical to how the Rams treat Henderson and Malcolm Brown. Although, unlike those two guys in LA, Jones is clearly the better back of the two in GB. I'm not the only one who talks about how underused he is. There are articles all over the internet from people who will say the same thing. There isn't a game in New Orleans where you will see only Latavius Murray out there for every play of a drive and no Kamara at all. That's the point I'm trying to make

Edited by Buffalo03

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Ok starting RBs in the past USED to get over 300 carries a season. My bad. The point is, he is severely underutilized. His carries to Jamaal Williams should be more of like 17 or 18 carries a game with Jamaal as a backup getting maybe around 6 or 7 tops. And he should be getting targeted more in the passing game. He is not gettinf the touches he should. The GB backfield is literally identical to how the Rams treat Henderson and Malcolm Brown. Although, unlike those two guys in LA, Jones is clearly the better back of the two in GB. I'm not the only one who talks about how underused he is. There are articles all over the internet from people who will say the same thing

The Offense doesn't exist to pad a RB's stats.  Again, they are the top scoring Offense in the NFL---as is.  What would giving him the ball more do for them, make them ....."#1-plus"?

They have found their perfect balance of passing (#6) and running (#10) at 55%/44%.   And you are saying they are doing it wrong?  That's not a viable belief.

Come on....stop.