How about Aaron Jones at RB next year?

Buffalo03

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Offense doesn't exist to pad a RB's stats.  Again, they are the top scoring Offense in the NFL---as is.  What would giving him the ball more do for them, make them ....."#1-plus"?

They have found their perfect balance of passing (#6) and running (#10) at 55%/44%.   And you are saying they are doing it wrong?  That's not a viable belief.

Come on....stop.

Well having Aaron Rodgers also has to do with that. I never once said they were doing it wrong. The amount that they run the ball is fine. It's just that Jones should be getting more of those carries over Jamaal Williams. That's all I'm trying to say. Never once did I say they were handling balance of run and pass the wrong way but thanks for making assumptions and putting words in my mouth 

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Jones is clearly the better player when he plays. Williams shouldn't be playing at the same level because he shouldn't be getting as many opportunities as he is. Jones should be getting 25 carries a game in that backfield

Numbers don’t lie, Williams is producing for them. In the run and pass game. You keep saying you watch packers games like nobody else has a tv lol. I’ve watched plenty of Green Bay this year. Matter of fact one of the funnest games I’ve watched this season was the game adams was out and they had no receivers but all the running backs played amazing, they ran motions and screens and moved the backs all over and had a great game. I get you have some big crush on Aaron jones but running backs come from nowhere at times and are not worth second contacts minus the very few elite guys. Jones is not one of those elite guys. Sorry for your loss buddy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Well having Aaron Rodgers also has to do with that. I never once said they were doing it wrong. The amount that they run the ball is fine. It's just that Jones should be getting more of those carries over Jamaal Williams. That's all I'm trying to say. Never once did I say they were handling balance of run and pass the wrong way but thanks for making assumptions and putting words in my mouth 

If the amount of running they are doing is "fine", and their Offense as is (which of course includes) is the best in the league, then how did you conclude that they are misusing one of their running backs when no back will have 450 touches, few if any will have 300 carries and the RB in question is among the leaders in touches per game already?  

You really think that shifting 3 more carries from Williams to Jones would have an impact on this Offense?  He's getting LOTS of touches (#8 in the NFL).  But 3 or 4 more per game is really going to do it for you and your friends?

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Numbers don’t lie, Williams is producing for them. In the run and pass game. You keep saying you watch packers games like nobody else has a tv lol. I’ve watched plenty of Green Bay this year. Matter of fact one of the funnest games I’ve watched this season was the game adams was out and they had no receivers but all the running backs played amazing, they ran motions and screens and moved the backs all over and had a great game. I get you have some big crush on Aaron jones but running backs come from nowhere at times and are not worth second contacts minus the very few elite guys. Jones is not one of those elite guys. Sorry for your loss buddy. 

Jones is a huge piece of that Offense and they are getting a lot out of him.  He doesn't have to be Elliot or McCaffery over there

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Williams is producing because he gets more touches than he should be getting. Aaron Jones has the capability of being a top 5 back in this league if the Packers made him a bell cow back like he should be. I've seen Jones have multiple 3 TD and even a 4 TD game doing things a lot of other RBs in this game can't 

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the amount of running they are doing is "fine", and their Offense as is (which of course includes) is the best in the league, then how did you conclude that they are misusing one of their running backs when no back will have 450 touches, few if any will have 300 carries and the RB in question is among the leaders in touches per game already?  

You really think that shifting 3 more carries from Williams to Jones would have an impact on this Offense?  He's getting LOTS of touches (#8 in the NFL).  But 3 or 4 more per game is really going to do it for you and your friends?

Jones is a huge piece of that Offense and they are getting a lot out of him.  He doesn't have to be Elliot or McCaffery over there

The amount that they run the ball in a game is fine. But let's just say they have a game where they choose to run 30 times. In that case Jones should be getting 20 of the carries while Jamaal Williams should be getting 10. Not 15 and 15. The amount they throw and run in a game is fine. But the carries that they do do should be more in favor of Jones. I can't tell you how many times I would watch a 15 play drive for the Packers and Aaron Jones isn't on the field once. In New Orleans for example, you will never see an entire 15 play drive without Kamara on the field at all

Edited by Buffalo03

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Williams is producing because he gets more touches than he should be getting. Aaron Jones has the capability of being a top 5 back in this league if the Packers made him a bell cow back like he should be. I've seen Jones have multiple 3 TD and even a 4 TD game doing things a lot of other RBs in this game can't 

In his career, he has had a total of 2 games with 3 TD and 1 with 4.

In those games, he had 26 (3TD), 13 (3TD) and 27 (4TD) touches.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

My point exactly. The higher volume in touches shows that he puts up elite numbers if given the chance. He doesn't get those amount of touches every game consistently. 

2 hours ago, Billl said:

Teams making a run at the Super Bowl shouldn’t pay any attention to the salary cap.  Kansas City had $177 of imaginary cap space before signing Mahomes and Chris Jones to $600,000,000 worth of contracts and later adding Leveon Bell.  Allen will be a bargain for 2 more seasons.    You should be mashing the throttle.

One more season as in his 5th year if he doesn't get an extension he gets a salary of average of top 10 QBs.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This season in each game he has had

20 touches

22 touches

18 touches

20 touches

13 touches

20 touches

18 touches

14 touches

18 touches

He should be getting anywhere between 25-30 touches consistently and he doesn't 

My point exactly. The higher volume in touches shows that he puts up elite numbers if given the chance. He doesn't get those amount of touches every game consistently. 

No one does (see data presented in all other posts above).

He can put up the points whether he gets 13 or 26.  In the last 4 games he played, he has averaged 23 touches a game for almost 400 yards total and 5 TD.

He's getting a lot of touches.  You and your friends aren't watching what is right in front of you on the TV.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

This season in each game he has had

20 touches

22 touches

18 touches

20 touches

13 touches

20 touches

18 touches

14 touches

18 touches

He should be getting anywhere between 25-30 touches consistently and he doesn't 

Again, no one is getting that many touches in the NFL this year.  No one.  So Jones won't either

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Again, no one is getting that many touches in the NFL this year.  No one.  So Jones won't either

Wrong. Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffery (when healthy) and Elliott all get those touches on a game by game basis. Try again

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

Restructuring is always an option, but just pushes money out further.  They can get about $21M in savings by cutting 4 players who they likely won't miss.

Cutting players creates immediate holes on the roster.  If Beane believes the salary cap will return to pre-virus levels for the 2022 season, I think he will be very busy renegotiating contracts to create cap space in order to keep D. Williams, Feliciano, and Milano.  Diggs contract, to me, is a logical start point.  Maybe add a year onto to his existing contract as well.

Wrong. Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffery (when healthy) and Elliott all get those touches on a game by game basis. Try again

If it's "game by game" then that would be their average.  It's not.  Not even close.  

But maybe you're right.  Packers are totally handicapping their top scoring offense by not shifting a handful of touches per game to their #1 RB.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If it's "game by game" then that would be their average.  It's not.  Not even close.  

But maybe you're right.  Packers are totally handicapping their top scoring offense by not shifting a handful of touches per game to their #1 RB.

Again, I guess I have to be specific. All of those guys get between 25-30 touches EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Is that better?

Edited by Buffalo03

Again, I guess I have to be specific. All of those guys ger between 25-30 touches EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Is that better?

lol, no.  It's still false.

Elliot had 25 or more touches 3 times this year.

Henry has had 6.

Cook has had 5.

I'm bored...

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol, no.  It's still false.

Elliot had 25 or more touches 3 times this year.

Henry has had 6.

Cook has had 5.

I'm bored...

But they all average like 20 carries a game alone. My point is, Jones isn't even getting 20 carries a game. His touches combined between carries and catches are below all those guys on a weekly basis. That's what I'm trying to say. 

Dalvin Cook has only had 4 games this year with less than 20 carries

Derrick Henry has only had 3 games this year with less than 20 carries and nothing below 18

McCaffery has only played 3 games this year but no less than 18 carries in any game

Maybe the wording I'm using isn't right but know what I'm trying to say. Jones should be getting the amount of carries these guys get alone week to week before catches even come into play. Jones has only surpassed 20 total touches once this season. Those guys are guaranteed to surpass 20 every week. Maybe not 25 which they have still done a lot but over 20 is consistent

Edited by Buffalo03