Week 13: Bills at 49ers on MNF (in Arizona)

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I think the Bills have been favored in all but KC, SEA, AZ. They lost to KC and AZ and beat SEA. Not sure about an anti Bills narrative this year...

Favored but there have been some weird things like lots of pundits picking the Rams and Pats. Saying we could cover the spread against the jets week 1. I think I saw some saying the heat in Miami would get us. I think there even some doubts us and the raiders. I agree with the post that the Bills are coming. I wanna take care of business cause I think that SNF game could be a coming out party to the league. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lets face it, all the pundits are so reactionary this year. Not just for the Bills. Happened to Titans, Hags, and Steelers, hell no one takes the Browns seriously, and they run the ball a hell of alot better than the niners. Lose one game or fail with style points and you're a bum again to these guys. Win one or a couple and suddenly you're great ( Pats, Phins ) .

Its crazy this year....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Some people are sayin this is not a big game or we're playing with house money since its an NFC team. Totally not true. Looking at the schedule, if the Bills win the winnable games left which are 49ers, Pats, and Broncos, then going into the phinz week 17 shouldn't matter. Win those games and most likely were resting starters week 17. Lose this game and, not good. That dam Hail Mary play really lowered the margin of error level for the Bills.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Some people are sayin this is not a big game or we're playing with house money since its an NFC team. Totally not true. Looking at the schedule, if the Bills win the winnable games left which are 49ers, Pats, and Broncos, then going into the phinz week 17 shouldn't matter. Win those games and most likely were resting starters week 17. Lose this game and, not good. That dam Hail Mary play really lowered the margin of error level for the Bills.

The AZ loss did lower that margin of error, but I do not think it will matter.  The Bills actually have a very solid chance of winning out.  This week, SF is not in their class.  I really do not expect  this game to be all that close.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Lets face it, all the pundits are so reactionary this year. Not just for the Bills. Happened to Titans, Hags, and Steelers, hell no one takes the Browns seriously, and they run the ball a hell of alot better than the niners. Lose one game or fail with style points and you're a bum again to these guys. Win one or a couple and suddenly you're great ( Pats, Phins ) .

Its crazy this year....

I like Simms so I have been following the Florio rankings. He has pretty much been a graphic of who has won recently. He had the dolphins in the top 5 the other week. The bills moved up like 4 spots without playing. It’s been bad this year. 

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

I like Simms so I have been following the Florio rankings. He has pretty much been a graphic of who has won recently. He had the dolphins in the top 5 the other week. The bills moved up like 4 spots without playing. It’s been bad this year. 

Florio never really likes us. But I also said that years ago about Prisco who seems to have come around, even if he is an ahole. Time to put the big boy pants on now Bills. Gonna be a very interesting month here coming up. Exciting times.

• Like (+1) 2

As long as this game remains close, the 9ers will ground and pound the ball.  I think our offense needs to score and not look back.  Get a couple of scores up and make Mullens throw the ball.  I've got Mostert on my fantasy team and I hate to admit this...I'm playing him.  He can have a big game, especially if they're still handing it off to him come the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, wjag said:

I wonder which week it will be before the talking heads writ large are going to accept that the Bills are the team to beat in a regular season game?

This has been and will be the narrative...

Against the Patriots it was can't exercise the Ghost of Tom Brady and Darth Vader still there. (W)

Against Seattle it was can't beat Russ. (W)

Against Cardinals it was can't stop Murray (last second L)

Against the Chargers it was too much rookie (W)

Against the 9ers, it's can't stop the run

Against the Steelers it will be can't beat that defense

Against the Patriots it will be can't beat them twice in a year

Against the Dolphins should beat them but Dolphins are stalking Bills

I fully expect them to roll the 9ers this week.  Buffalo is coming.  You can feel it.  You can see it.  The stats say it. The results speak to it.  The spreads indicate it.  The schedule is unrelenting.  Yet talking heads are all focused on the other team.  Rankings put them behind teams they have already vanquished. 

To quote that cyclical December commercial.  This will be a December to remember.

In that Pat Mcafee interview someone else put up, Mcafee says to Josh “we don’t hear too much about the Bills”

Josh gets this confident little smile and says “We like it that way”

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

I think the Bills have been favored in all but KC, SEA, AZ. They lost to KC and AZ and beat SEA. Not sure about an anti Bills narrative this year...

I said the spreads indicate it. But still the talking heads question if the Bills will win.  

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

There isn't any anti bills narrative, just the familiar, whoa is me, no respect BS line from some Bills fans.

18 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

As long as this game remains close, the 9ers will ground and pound the ball.  I think our offense needs to score and not look back.  Get a couple of scores up and make Mullens throw the ball.  I've got Mostert on my fantasy team and I hate to admit this...I'm playing him.  He can have a big game, especially if they're still handing it off to him come the 4th quarter.

Getting a couple scores up is always a good thing.

Sorry if Yolo has already linked this but:

The team is 8-3.  The offense is #10.  The QB is top 10 in every category. 

What exactly WERE you expecting dude?

Edit: here is a transcript of his follow up comments on Allen courtesy of 49erswebzone

When you said that Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen is a problem and he jumped off the film and it surprised you, did he surprise you in a way, I guess, that he's more of a passer and more of an accurate passer than just kind of a guy that's going to tuck it and run?

"Yeah, he's like a young [New England Patriots QB] Cam Newton. Obviously, Cam can still throw and still do all that stuff, but he's a load to tackle. They run him, I mean, it's basically like Wildcat offense. They're doing a lot of you just snap the ball, run power with him which is surprising. More guts than I would with a franchise quarterback, but he makes it work. He drops back to pass. He has tremendous pocket presence and he'll sit in the pocket. It's not like he's looking to run out of there. He will go through his progressions. When it's time to scramble he's not scrambling to run, he's scrambling to throw, but if it all breaks down, he'll still run. He gains ground in a hurry. He's extremely fast, very agile, very mobile. He is hard to bring down because he's such a bigger body, but he is talented. He can throw the ball on his back foot just as far as [Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick] Mahomes, I bet, and he's got the receivers to throw to. So, an extremely talented group and like I said, Brian's doing a phenomenal job putting them in position to be successful."

I'm actually pretty surprised by this description, because I wouldn't have called the Bills offense anything like "Wildcat offense" and I actually don't see us running power with Josh Allen that often 🤷‍♂️ this season

The rest of it - that he's got good pocket presence and scrambles to throw - seems appropriate.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe they are just stuck in their little nfc west bubble. I remember how Pete Carroll was shocked the bills decided to throw the ball all over. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This kind of thing feeds the narrative some of our more insecure fans keep pushing...that the team doesn't get its due respect nationally, yada yada.