Winning...But Undisciplined and Sloppy

Wizard

3 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I agree with you on the sloppiness of the game and how that will hurt against better opponents. But some of those unsportsmanlike penalties were just bad calls. Like the one on Moss was something you see on any given play in any other game.

The Chargers are a good team with a bad coach.

This game really did have poor officiating, not like ones we typically complain about.

The Bills did some things really well. Things they did not do well before today. Bosa made it real tough on Josh today, but that’s what Bosa does. He’s a great one.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sweats said:

.....and barely beat a 3-7 team

Aye Carumba 

Two score double digit win my friend, 👍

Go Bills!!!

20 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Bring back running laps.  Blown coverage?  Five laps of the field.  Dumb penalties?  Take a lap!  Laces wrong on the field goal attempt?  Bojo, take a lap!

Give up back to back hail Marys....20 laps for selfishly trying for the INT instead of batting the F- ing ball down. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Yes, a win is a win. And, yes, Daboll's offensive playcalling and Bills scoring has improved. Kudos and cheers for a win.

But, it is time to move into the level of contenders. I think what separates our playoff-bound Bills from the Chiefs, Steelers, and Titans is not executing consistently or with a killer urgency.

Against the Chargers we can get away with an undisciplined, sloppy, and the inability

of not finishing off opponents.

A critical fumble, an interception, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties, and the lack of finishing an opponent at the end if the game is now a trend not a one-off moment.  Add in the generally overly conservative second half  playcalling once again, and this is pause for concern. 

Time for Josh to take the next level of consistent greatness, McDermott laying into his players for undisciplined play, and Daboll getting his offense to execute and finish.

We should expect better execution, consistency, and a first round playoff win this year.

Let's Go, Buffalo!

2 unsportsmans were utter bs- actually 3. Allens spin, moss’s flip of the ball behind his back and the tackle on Herbert at the legs when hes out off the pocket and running. 

20 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The unsportsmanlike penalties against both  Moss and Davis are laughable, so was the one official who didn’t throw the flag initially on the OPI on San Diego at the end of the game (right before Hail Mary #2🤦‍♂️)

Did you notice that candy ass ref was reaching for his flag but stopped. Then he throws his flag later after his crew threw theirs. These refs are children.

21 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The unsportsmanlike penalties against both  Moss and Davis are laughable, so was the one official who didn’t throw the flag initially on the OPI on San Diego at the end of the game (right before Hail Mary #2🤦‍♂️)

The roughness on Poyer vs Keenan Allen laughable too IMO. He hits dude in back as he is falling forward near first down marker. Didnt target or hit him outstretched

22 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That call on Moss was a headscratcher...initially I thought he threw the ball at the Charger defender when he got up but then the other angle showed he threw it nowhere near him and he was just giving the ball back...that was a terrible call.

8-3 bro...8-3.

Yeah the one on Allen you could kind of understand the call.  Did Allen think and do it deliberately near the defender or was it just instinct, I'll assume instinct, but the Moss call was silly.

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

2 unsportsmans were utter bs- actually 3. Allens spin, moss’s flip of the ball behind his back and the tackle on Herbert at the legs when hes out off the pocket and running. 

Allen's spin was clear taunting (and I was still glad he did it because the Chargers were playing to injure people out there) and the roughing call wasn't on Tre's low tackle, they called it on Oliver for either being late or leading with his head.

That being said, the officiating crew was probably the worst unit on the field today

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Yes, a win is a win. And, yes, Daboll's offensive playcalling and Bills scoring has improved. Kudos and cheers for a win.

But, it is time to move into the level of contenders. I think what separates our playoff-bound Bills from the Chiefs, Steelers, and Titans is not executing consistently or with a killer urgency.

Against the Chargers we can get away with an undisciplined, sloppy, and the inability

of not finishing off opponents.

A critical fumble, an interception, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties, and the lack of finishing an opponent at the end if the game is now a trend not a one-off moment.  Add in the generally overly conservative second half  playcalling once again, and this is pause for concern. 

Time for Josh to take the next level of consistent greatness, McDermott laying into his players for undisciplined play, and Daboll getting his offense to execute and finish.

We should expect better execution, consistency, and a first round playoff win this year.

Let's Go, Buffalo!

It’s become apparent that we don’t use the bye week effectively.  This is the third year in a row we’ve come out flat after a bye.  That’s 100% on coaching and locker room leadership.  

Appreciate the thoughts. There are two camps primarily on such wins.

Those that revel in a victory and rightfully so, and those who are somewhat pessimistic in a win because the expectation after 20+ years is to be a consistent and perennial playoff team for awhile.

Neither line of thinking is bad; however, I fall in the second camp as this is what I believe is Buffalo's next step toward competing for a championship in the near future.

Appreciate the thoughts.

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

If it means winning, I'll take it as the norm.

It boggles my mind that so many fans assume what we're watching is a finished product.  We're in the middle of year 4 of McDermott's time in Buffalo.. but realistically this is his year 1 based on the roster turnover he needed to get through.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

This was the same game they’ve played under McD for a while now. Get out to a big lead and slowly squander it. Something weird with the mentality of the team... don’t really expect much in the playoffs, maybe they get their ***** together but they aren’t in the same league as the Chiefs.

You do realize that the Chiefs are the best team in the NFL... and it's not even close, right? They have possibly one of the best offenses in the history of the game.

This is the first season that McDermott has had HIS guys and only his guys on the team after turning over the roster... And it's about halfway through ONE season. So my point.. get some realistic expectations.

41 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The Int I can deal with, QB's make bad throws, but the fumble by Allen is just plain dumb, he needs to simply fall on it.  

No.  Conservatively, I'd guess that I see a QB pick that up and do something with it probably every other week or so.  Trying to pick it up is fine.  Were you asleep during the Dallas game last year?

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

This was the same game they’ve played under McD for a while now. Get out to a big lead and slowly squander it. Something weird with the mentality of the team... don’t really expect much in the playoffs, maybe they get their ***** together but they aren’t in the same league as the Chiefs.

Agreed, but hoping we get more than that. The Bills have the tools they just need to finish it! Being up 24-6 we always find a way to let them back in. I think the turnovers were our anomaly for the year though as this game could have been in the 40's for us today. 

We still beat a team we should beat.