Kenny Stills to be cut

Process

The problem with signing Stills is that you’d have to bump one of the WR’s off the active roster and maybe off the team.

So which receiver do you cut?

Diggs, Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, Davis, Roberts?

I can’t see them having 7 active WR’s every week that don’t play special teams.  

If the idea is that he takes over during Brown’s injury, by the time we sign Stills it would take about almost 2 weeks for him to get activated.   By then, there’s a good chance Brown is probably ready.   Notice how they haven’t put him on IR.  That probably means he should be back within 2-3 weeks.  

The only way I see the Bills signing Stills is if they know Brown is done for the year 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Someone ahead of us in the waiver wire will claim him. SF comes to mind

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/9/1/20843224/nfl-waiver-wire-rules-priority-order-practice-squad-2019#:~:text=Players are “waived” if they,practice squads%2C if eligible).

Players are “waived” if they have fewer than four years of experience in the NFL. Those players are placed on the waiver wire and subject to claims.

Why do we add to a position of strength?  We have Diggs, Beasley, and Davis of Brown is out for a couple of weeks.  Makes zero sense.  Roberts is an emergency guy and one of the best returners so he has a duel role.  This is not even close to a position we need at all nor need to let another go to pick him up.  It’s funny how many people the moment someone goes on waivers, “let’s pick him up”.

We also might have Hodgins practicing who could maybe get some time before the end of the year.  Maybe not, but this is not a position, we need to bring in an 8 year veteran.

7 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/9/1/20843224/nfl-waiver-wire-rules-priority-order-practice-squad-2019#:~:text=Players are “waived” if they,practice squads%2C if eligible).

Players are “waived” if they have fewer than four years of experience in the NFL. Those players are placed on the waiver wire and subject to claims.

After the trade deadline, even vested veterans are required to go through waivers if released.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2020/9/4/21419969/nfl-waiver-wire-rules-2020-which-team-has-top-priority-claims-order

Edited by vincec

8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Why do we add to a position of strength?  We have Diggs, Beasley, and Davis of Brown is out for a couple of weeks.  Makes zero sense.  Roberts is an emergency guy and one of the best returners so he has a duel role.  This is not even close to a position we need at all nor need to let another go to pick him up.  It’s funny how many people the moment someone goes on waivers, “let’s pick him up”.

We also might have Hodgins practicing who could maybe get some time before the end of the year.  Maybe not, but this is not a position, we need to bring in an 8 year veteran.

Lol

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

check you down as a maybe ?

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This offense isn't the easiest to learn and the coaching staff seems to have a lot of faith in Davis.  I don't see it.  Eagles, Packers, and Ravens come to mind.  Maybe even the Raiders try to upgrade from Zay Jones.

Jets might as well claim him, he played for gase and they have the 1st claim 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I believe he goes on waivers so he won't make it to us. But I also don't know what value he'd have here. He's been out with an injury the past 2 games so I don't even know if he could fill in for John Brown in the short term. I don't see a fit for him.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why would he be subject to waivers?  He's an 8 year vet

The injury question is more pressing.

Hap, what are the rules when it comes to waivers? Also, why do they have waivers in the first place? Why can't someone just sign someone if they've been cut. Sorry if these questions are silly, was just curious.

43 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

When is  Hodgkin available to play ball ?

Do you mean Hodgins? He's eligible to be activated off IR for the next 3 weeks, but it's unlikely the Bills would do so unless he's been seen practicing several days in a row.

1 minute ago, cage said:

Can we talk about Duke now?

You can talk about him, but he was commented on as missing from practice.

45 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

Thanks for that, I didn't know that. Curious to see who grabs him.

Yeah, I made the same mistake

• Thank you (+1) 1