Kenny Stills to be cut

Process

3 hours ago, billspro said:

I would rather go with Davis

This ^^^  and bring Hodgkin's up, the guy is said to have great hands, I’m thinking we have pretty reasonable depth, we just need to use it. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Westside Madness said:

He is going to want to start. He isn't going to sign here to fight with Davis for WR4, with a possible temp role as WR3 with Brown out. I also think that could hurt Davis' development as he would move to a reserve role.

However, if Brown is expected to miss significant time, then I might be a bit softer to the idea, but I don't recall hearing that...

I'm just shocked (and super happy for him) that Brown isn't done for the year the way his knee was bent...guess the fact that his ankle was able to rotate prevented the force going on his knee, but I don't know I thought he was done for the year and part of next year even as he was able to walk off the field.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Different types of WR's. 

And? 

58 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They don't bring what John Brown does which is a deep threat. Stills would fill the role. Hopefully Brown isn't hurt bad enough where we need to consider Stills.

The others are bigger possession type WR's. 

Yeah without the deep threat they are a lot easier to defend.

But Brown has had several different types of leg injuries this season.......the ankle was just the most recent......he's a mess.

• Like (+1) 1

This team should have two speed WRs at all times.   

Especially when speed WR’s tend to be more injury prone.   

Getting Stills would right a wrong in our roster building, but I’d be shocked if he lasts to us in waivers. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You do understand that this wide receiver core is predicated on speed right?  If we cant run coverage deep we will have no hope of seeing a running game

I understand your thoughts,  but it is unlikely that we will pick Stills up, so you me and the rest of us should hope that who we do have works out. Do realize I’m not against bringing in Stills, I just don’t think it’s going to happen. 

Just now, Don Otreply said:

I understand your thoughts,  but it is unlikely that we will pick Stills up, so you me and the rest of us should hope that who we do have works out. Do realize I’m not against bringing in Stills, I just don’t think it’s going to happen. 

Don your probably right

I just dont think our offense runs nearly as well without a quality speed merchant on the field......Im hoping Smoke can get healthy...it looks like we will be without him again tomorrow

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t think there is any chance they sign Stills. They love their guys.... the strategy seems to be promote within unless a Carolina FA becomes available.  That said the offense struggles when Brown is out. 

There he is. Nice work here.

You've waivered at times, showing some unlikely glimpses of hope. But this is vintage you. And to be completely honest, it is comforting to see.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, billspro said:

I would rather go with Davis

Normally, I would agree but our defense sucks rocks!!  We could use all the help we can get on offense to carry us until the playoffs.  Afterwards, if the D doesn't show up in the postseason, it will be another 1 and done year. 

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

This team should have two speed WRs at all times.   

Especially when speed WR’s tend to be more injury prone.   

Getting Stills would right a wrong in our roster building, but I’d be shocked if he lasts to us in waivers. 

And if he, there is something fundamentally wrong with him