Kenny Stills to be cut

Process

Stills has proven to be a good deep threat at times. Only 28 years old.

If Brown is going to miss significant time this move makes a lot of sense. While he's not a great option, you cant do much better than him as far as a mid season, post trade deadline addition. 

We aren't going to compete with teams like KC and Pitt with Diggs and Beasley as our only threats on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Stills has proven to be a good deep threat at times. Only 28 years old.

If Brown is going to miss significant time this move makes a lot of sense. While he's not a great option, you cant do much better than him as far as a mid season, post trade deadline addition. 

We aren't going to compete with teams like KC and Pitt with Diggs and Beasley as our only threats on offense. 

Yeah definitely depends on the outlook on Brown.

He has about $2M left on his contract this season yet so that's definitely a deterrent. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I believe he goes on waivers so he won't make it to us. But I also don't know what value he'd have here. He's been out with an injury the past 2 games so I don't even know if he could fill in for John Brown in the short term. I don't see a fit for him.

Where are we in the waiver order? At this point in the season id assume only playoff contenders would go after him.

Packers, ravens, dolphins and bills (if Brown is going to miss significant time) are the teams that make the most sense. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

He was so good years ago what happened to him?

He may very well still be good... 4 years with the dolphins and then stuck behind guys like hopkins, fuller and cooks in houston hasn't given him a great opportunity to showcase his ability.

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I believe he goes on waivers so he won't make it to us. But I also don't know what value he'd have here. He's been out with an injury the past 2 games so I don't even know if he could fill in for John Brown in the short term. I don't see a fit for him.

Why would he be subject to waivers?  He's an 8 year vet

The injury question is more pressing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1