Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

They lost on a Hail Mary, they should be 8-2. I expect a fired up angry and almost healthy group. Chargers are decent so won’t be taken lightly. D is improving, it’s up to O line who are finally healthy. Balance on O would be critical to this tough win. 

Extremely "fired up and angry".

I know it was mid game and they had to modify their plan, but the game with Tampa was seriously changed when Ekeler went down. His replacement wasn't really a replacement. So,with Ekeler back, I think they are a much better team. Aside from him, I think Herbert and Allen are going to put on a show. Can't count on dumb luck and coaching stupidity to keep the Chargers down forever.

Also hoping Allen is better protected than he was against the Cards. I was really looking forward to seeing a healthy line last week.

59 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wow that is a very macho/tough guy statement for a guy on the internet.

Look at the Ravens-Pats game...the Ravens are a much better team but those conditions were laughable, the better team did not win that game.

At some point in time these players have played in bad weather. You prepare for it as best you can.

You make a fair point about the Ravens-Patriots* game, but I don't think that is what's in store for this weekend in Orchard Park.

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Feels like a let down game for some reason... "Bad" Chargers team but if you actually look at them, they have a lot of talent and just throw games away.. Lost to a lot of good teams by 1 score..  Could easily be a .500 team.

Coming off a bye I hope we aren't flat...

I disagree, I believe we've turned the corner and we'll win out.

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

At some point in time these players have played in bad weather. You prepare for it as best you can.

You make a fair point about the Ravens-Patriots* game, but I don't think that is what's in store for this weekend in Orchard Park.

yes the Pats-Ravens game at then end was absurd and i have not seen conditions that bad before.   They actually delayed the Texans-=Brown kickoff as the same front moved in.  Yes i would doubt conditions will be anything close to that for the Chargers.  What is the weather forecast right now?

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What will you say if the Bills don't blow them out and win by one score?

Personally, I would say, with a big smile, that my football team is 8-3 and leading the AFC East.

Edited by RochesterLifer
  • Like (+1) 1

I could be wrong about this, but it sure seems to me like the McDermott Bills tend to beat the teams they "should" beat more often than not.

I don't remember many (any?) instances of them losing to clearly inferior teams with bad records. 

This being the case, I'm optimistic about the Chargers game (though I certainly don't think they'll be pushovers) and the rest of the season in general. Of our six remaining games, four are against teams with losing records and will see the Bills favored to win. 4-2 should be good enough to win the division, particularly with the Phins having lost yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I could be wrong about this, but it sure seems to me like the McDermott Bills tend to beat the teams they "should" beat more often than not.

I don't remember many (any?) instances of them losing to clearly inferior teams with bad records. 

well the Jets last year week 17, but that doesn’t really count since we were resting 4 or 5 of our starters including Allen and White.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

yes the Pats-Ravens game at then end was absurd and i have not seen conditions that bad before.   They actually delayed the Texans-=Brown kickoff as the same front moved in.  Yes i would doubt conditions will be anything close to that for the Chargers.  What is the weather forecast right now?

As of now: Partly Cloudy, upper 40's.

8 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

This seems very much like a Bills/Seahawks game where it could be very high scoring. Bolts let the Jets back into that game yesterday. Also, the Bolts special teams are a comedy of errors, it would seem.

Really feels like Roberts will break one off this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

This being the case, I'm optimistic about the Chargers game (though I certainly don't think they'll be pushovers) and the rest of the season in general. Of our six remaining games, four are against teams with losing records and will see the Bills favored to win. 4-2 should be good enough to win the division, particularly with the Phins having lost yesterday.

i would argue they should have beaten the Browns last year.  

• Like (+1) 1