Morse not starting was a "football decision" per McD

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Me?  I'd rather have Ford, if he's truly good to go

Yep,  you.
 I am not sure which one i would like Jon to bump.

But i would like to see some consistency.

Not a huge Ford fan yet/still.

I like Ike  :)

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Yep,  you.

I frankly think Ford should have gone on IR.  Unconvinced he's healthy enough.  I think healthy Ford > Boettger, but Boettger >> hindered Ford

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Me too. 

As far as "medically cleared" I thought what Daboll and McDermott said was pretty straightforward.  They wanted to get another look at the OL they had through the previous 2 games.

The Bills had 2 wins with the Boettger-Feliciano-Winters interior OL.  In one of those 2 games, they had 190 yds and 5 ypc running the ball, with 167 of those yards belonging to the two RBs.  In the other, they had 19 yds on 11 rushes.  It's pretty clear that Feliciano does (at least) a decent job playing center, and most experts believe changes on OL hinder run blocking.    The outcome was, our run game against a good run D in AZ was not so good with 35 yds on 11 carries for the 2 backs.

I think the best overall OL on our current roster is probably Dawkins-Ford-Morse-Feliciano-Williams, so if we can field that line healthy, that's what I expect to see.

Seems like they outsmarted themselves against Arizona.  

If they were giving Morse an extra week, McD should’ve just said that.  

Instead we got an OL that couldn’t run block and had Allen under constant pressure in AZ.   If that’s simply because that OL combo played well in the run game against a team playing 6-7 DBs all game , then .... gross.  

I like McD, but some of his decisions...

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

would you rather have Ford or Winters on the field ?

Feliciano at right or left guard, assuming Morse is ready to go against Chargers

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Me?  I'd rather have Ford, if he's truly good to go

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Yep,  you.

Obviously you’d like to have Ford.. I think at this point you’d hope that he can become a good starter at guard.. The talent is there, he’s under contract for 2 more years and he’s making $1.3M/yr.. Think at this point you leave him there and hope the light comes on.. Feliciano goes to RG —which is typically your best run blocking guard.. Next year however I think Feliciano may go to center because I think Morse will be out of here.. too much money.. too many concussions.. we’ll see where we go in the draft/FA...

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

👀

I like Feliciano.  I actually think he may be a bit better at center than Morse, particularly on run-blocking plays

But I also think he's a much better guard than either Winters or Boettger

Feliciano has not been good at center.  Really watch him.  His snaps are all over the place, he is missing blocks, and opening up zero holes in the middle.  He is an above average guard, below average center.  The decision by McDermott was horrible and will be sabotage if he continues to sit Morse.

9 minutes ago, Process said:

I really hope we dont have to add morse to the list of big FA misses by McBeane. 

I thought he was fine ... This is really puzzling. 

He was very good last year and good this year from a lot of different analysis. Great pass protector, average run blocker and a leader along the line. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

He was very good last year and good this year from a lot of different analysis. Great pass protector, average run blocker and a leader along the line. 

Agreed, so why are they playing these games?

McBeane can be very stubborn and annoying at times.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

McDermott is a completely different person than when he first got here.

He is so miserable now.  I miss the McDermott from his first season.  He was very insightful and cordial.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Or he is using disinformation to keep our next opponent unsure who our starting center will be for as long as possible, some of y’all  get a bit over literal sometimes, ya gotta read between the lines folks. 

Go Bills!!!

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Or he is using disinformation to keep our next opponent unsure who our starting center will be for as long as possible, some of y’all  get a bit over literal sometimes, ya gotta read between the lines folks. 

Go Bills!!!

Morse vs Mongo at C will not effect how the chargers game plan for us lol

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

He is so miserable now.  I miss the McDermott from his first season.  He was very insightful and cordial.

he got the tenure and credibility with the recent contract so now he is playing things close to the chest.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

I'd be willing to bet that front seven players, particularly interior defensive linemen, DO prepare for specific players in the lead-up to a game.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Feliciano has not been good at center.  Really watch him.  His snaps are all over the place, he is missing blocks, and opening up zero holes in the middle.  He is an above average guard, below average center.  The decision by McDermott was horrible and will be sabotage if he continues to sit Morse.

The one part of this I agree with is that I've seen a couple of Feliciano's shotgun snaps that have me saying "I'm glad our QB is 6'4" "

Morse, on the other hand, has been sending his shotgun snaps off to Allen's L side for years.

Hmmmm....Aren't you the one who's told us that McDermott will "never win anything in this league"  and "is an issue with this team"?  And let's see, that Hyde is "literally useless" and his "playing or not playing has zero impact" but Levi Wallace, who has been allowing 11 ypc and whom other teams have been targeting when he's on the field, is "underrated"?

I'm not sure I should take your word on the quality of Feliciano's play at center.

24 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Why is it I feel that you may lack personal insight or information on this point?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Don’t be silly, It’s all part of the uncertainty, the more you put out there for your opponent to have to sift through the better off you are. That is why Sean and any decent HC gives zero real info in any of their PCs, it’s all part of the game as we all know. 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1