Morse not starting was a "football decision" per McD

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

He is.  And Feliciano has more value at OG.

I agree with this and think the best lineup is with hm at C and Mongo at G

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If that was your family member, would you want him to keep taking chances?

it really sucks but he should think about long term. He got a nice payday. So things are more important than football. Not many but some. 

I agree with this, but wouldn't McD just come out and say there is concern for his health? or is that a faux pas?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If that was your family member, would you want him to keep taking chances?

it really sucks but he should think about long term. He got a nice payday. So things are more important than football. Not many but some. 

Agree with your question and observation.  If it were me and I was on #5, 6, or 7 - that would give me pause.  The evidence is already out there that things are only going to get worse not better if yet another concussion occurs.  Perhaps Sean is aware of this and the discussion has already been had - who knows?  Really, it isn't our business.  Last thing I would want to read is some evil story of some evil crap that happened due to some CTE garbage.  I would rather see him walk away and enjoy what little time he has left on this rock before crazy time sets in......I mean how many hits before he looks like Dobler does now?  If you haven't see a recent picture of him I suggest you avoid looking cuz it ain't pretty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BeastMode54 said:

I agree with this and think the best lineup is with hm at C and Mongo at G

I agree with this, but wouldn't McD just come out and say there is concern for his health? or is that a faux pas?

Maybe he just doesn’t want to put that out there? I mean a think a head is different but I remember when I played and you found out someone had an injury, you test that injury.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe he just doesn’t want to put that out there? I mean a think a head is different but I remember when I played and you found out someone had an injury, you test that injury.  

Yes, yes you do......does it need to be probed????  Methinks not

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McD clearly disagrees with you.

You have proof other than McDermott didn't want to risk another concussion with the bye week coming up... We need Mitch for more important games than a game against a NFC opponent.

Edited by TBBills

I find it very hard to believe that McD thinks the offensive line is better with Winters in there rather than Morse. I’m hoping he is just keeping his cards close to the vest, but it’s not like either lineman is someone you are game planning around 

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

You have proof other than McDermott didn't want to risk another concussion with the bye week coming up... We need Mitch for more important games than a game against a NFC opponent.

Concussion don’t work like that. You don’t rest up a concussion.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think there is a real advantage to forcing the LA defense to prepare for either Morse or Mongo at center.  Not as much as prepping for different QB's but I suspect there's some subtle things we fans aren't aware of that make this a bit of a headache for the Chargers.

In the end if Morse is truly ready to go then he and Mongo on the field at the same time seems like the best option for the Bills O-line.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Clearly?  LOL!

Is he starting him?

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

If he doesn't want to risk (yet) another concussion for this guy, he would not let him play again.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is he starting him?

If he doesn't want to risk (yet) another concussion for this guy, he would not let him play again.

No need to risk against a NFC game... But I guess we will find out soon enough. We won't know if he starts him till Sunday.

From what McDermott said it was a momentum thing... So it looks since the momentum was broken we should have Mitch back in. 

Edited by TBBills

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Step 1 of the NFL’s concussion protocol is literally rest and recovery to return to baseline  symptom level.

Ok? If you ever had a concussion, it doesn’t magically go back to normal, no matter how long you rest. Also when you get one, it is much easier to get another one. Much less 5 or so in the time frame that Morse has had.  And even if he is “cleared,” there is no indication of what the long term effectS could be. 

it’s not an ankle injury. 

Maybe I'll end up being wrong... but I feel like the Mitch Morse stuff is a bunch of drama without substance.

Odds are high that our coaching staff just wanted to give him an extra week off, especially with the bye week upcoming.

My guess is that Morse will be back at Center this week, with Feliciano back at guard.  Hopefully we get Cody Ford back too.