Morse not starting was a "football decision" per McD

Per McD, Morse was healthy and ready to go but his not playing was a "football decision," not a health issue. When asked, McD did not commit to Morse as the starter going forward. Said they felt the current group had "momentum" and that's why Morse didn't play.

No way to read this except they are disappointed in Morse. Pretty shocking development here.

Hard for me to believe that Feliciano would not be an upgrade over Winters, and that having Morse and Feliciano both on the line would be a NET upgrade over the current rotation. 

I better see that same attitude when Ford can come back, because I think Boettger has been playing at or above Ford's level at LG.  JMO

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, delirious said:

Hard for me to believe that Feliciano would not be an upgrade over Winters, and that having Morse and Feliciano both on the line would be a NET upgrade over the current rotation. 

I better see that same attitude when Ford can come back, because I think Boettger has been playing at or above Ford's level at LG.  JMO

Between spain getting benched and now this... Team went from Spain-Morse-Ford to Boettger-Feliciano-Winters.  Is this ideal?  

Just now, delirious said:

I dont buy what he said I dont think you can admit you held out a player that likely wouldve swung the game because you wanted to make sure he was healthy for the upcoming afc games lol morse will magically have a great week of practice and be starting again against the chargers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

One could read it as Feliciano is playing at a very high level. 

A few of Feliciano's shotgun snaps to Allen were at a high level - almost over his head.

If they want to get the best 5 OL out there Morse is definitely one of them, as are Dawkins, Williams and Feliciano. I think the only spot open for debate is the other G position. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

My guess would be he cleared protocol and they didn’t intend on having him active to rest up going into the bye week. 

When they had all the COVID list adds it changed who they made active. I believe I saw that they had to shake up active roster decisions because of the positive test. 

He was healthy enough to play in a pinch but they felt better about giving him some time off? 

Morse will start the final 6 games of the season. 

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Such a high level that it wouldn't be better to start Morse at center and Feliciano at guard? This is an indictment on Morse.

If they feel Feliciano is playing at a higher level than Morse was, or they feel the line is playing better with Feliciano at center and Ike at guard then it’s not exactly on Morse. 
Sometimes players just have better chemistry together than others. It’s also possible they were more comfortable keeping continuity from the week before. No reason to make a mountain from a mole

hill. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Negan said:

I think Morse is comg back from concussion best not rush it, especially with bye a week after.

So yeah football decision 

It would have been easy for McDermott to say they didn't want to rush him back. Instead, he chose the much more controversial truth: it had nothing to do with Morse's health. I mean, he specifically said this, so people arguing otherwise at this point sound really silly.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

My guess would be he cleared protocol and they didn’t intend on having him active to rest up going into the bye week. 

When they had all the COVID list adds it changed who they made active. I believe I saw that they had to shake up active roster decisions because of the positive test. 

He was healthy enough to play in a pinch but they felt better about giving him some time off? 

Morse will start the final 6 games of the season. 

Ahh! McDermott said he was healthy and that was not a factor. Goodness

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Coming of concussion Practicals and a bye week coming up, I would have sat the guy too.

I wouldn't read into this too much

That’s a very good point.  I was thinking along the lines of others that it’d make more sense to have Morse at center and Feliciano at OG.  But getting Morse completely healthy makes more sense.  My daughter got a concussion playing soccer 12 days ago and still is having headaches and light sensitivity.  The longer you can give concussion to heal, the better.  Glad they’re taking extra time with Morse. 

• Like (+1) 1