Why didn't McDermott challenge the Davis TD?

JerseyBills

That play is my biggest knock on McDermott for this game. 

We were up, it was close enough to challenge and we only got 3 on that drive. 

I still don't know why he didn't try. I thought it would for sure it was a TD

And just shows the gameplan and coach were great,  that a play like that was my biggest problem with the game. Also shows how dominant we were . We could have put up 50

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That play is my biggest knock on McDermott for this game. 

We were up, it was close enough to challenge and we only got 3 on that drive. 

I still don't know why he didn't try. I thought it would for sure it was a TD

I believe they rushed to the line to get the Seahawks D off balance, which was the right call, assuming the refs git their call right-- which at the moment, it really did look like Davis had stepped out of bounds. It was only on slo-mo replay, a play later, that you could see that he had not dropped his heel, and was inbounds. But, even with that, there is no guarantee that the call would have been reversed. It was very close.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Yup. Also I think some of the blame is Gabe Davis. He should have told them that he thought he scored!

Yeah the squeaky wheel gets greased............there are some players who are too passive......hopefully that's not the case with Davis.     It's not pretty looking to work the refs but by not indicating that he thought he scored it might have discouraged the Bills from checking the replay.

That's two TD's he should have had the past two weeks..........he dropped that gimme against NE.   

29 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Yup. Also I think some of the blame is Gabe Davis. He should have told them that he thought he scored!

he prob had no idea if he was in or not.  This is 100 percent on the staff.  Someone in the booth needs to tell McD to throw the flag. 

16 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The announcers kept saying he had lost 15 of 18 challenges. McD has one of the worst challenge conversations in the NFL. 

he’s too afraid to throw it now.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I doubt he could know for sure if a blade of white grass touched his shoe as he looked forward to defenders and the end zone. 

It was a bang, bang situation. Try to rush to score or slow down to get a better look. Replay is so sketchy, I don't know what the result might have been. 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

he prob had no idea if he was in or not.  This is 100 percent on the staff.  Someone in the booth needs to tell McD to throw the flag. 

It feels like it's definitely in his head. I see doubt in that department  

The players have got to have their input in on close plays and have some kind of signal to the coach to help out. Signal you might want to take a closer look at that upstairs so they can slow down the huddle a little for extra time. Coaches can't catch everything especially when the plays way over in the corner of the opposite side.  Even on plays you think might go against you, there should be a hurry up signal from any receiver that thinks they may have gotten away with a trap catch.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

The boys upstairs are going to have their hands full trying to convince Sean in less than 10 seconds to throw that flag next time. He's failed so often he's gun shy.

• Like (+1) 1