Milano out for Seahawks game

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yes I only saw him in guaranteed passing coverage situations. I suspect he’s a one armed man trying to defend the run.....

so one armed Milano or AJKlien 🧐 

Im Invincible Monty Python GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Matt Milano could come out in a full body cast and people would still say “he’s only missed half a game in his career”

Please stop.  No one is arguing that Milano has not missed games, has been injured, or has been playing hurt this fall.  Going from your statement that he's "always injured" to this looks like you're crusading.

18 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Yolo, me thinks this is not a strain but at least a partial tear

A strain is either a stretched or partially torn muscle

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

When Milano gets anywhere near 50% active for his career let us know.

Games missed is only part of the picture. I think you have to take into account total snap count compared to the defense. I wouldn't put him in the healthy range at the moment. Career wise he is averaging about 63% of defensive snaps which should be a concern. I think his high water mark of 91% of snaps in 2019 is right about where McD would like to see him regularly. 63% isn't great if the goal is 91%

Defensive Leader (Preston Brown)- Total Snaps- 1098

Milano- Total Snaps- 450 (41%)

Team Leader (Jordan Poyer)- Total Snaps- 1009

Milano- Total Snaps- 741 (73%)

Team Leader (Tremaine Edmunds)- Total Snaps- 981

Milano- Total Snaps- 894 (91%)

Team Leader- Total Snaps (Jordan Poyer)- 533

Milano- Total Snaps- 179 (33.5%)

Total Snaps- Team Leader- 3621

Total Snaps- Milano- 2264 (62.5)

Edited by Mango

Let him sit through the bye if he isnt clearly healthy. It sucks for the next two games since they are against good team but if we win the last 3 vs broncos phins and pats we are all but guaranteed the division

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please stop.  No one is arguing that Milano has not missed games, has been injured, or has been playing hurt this fall.  Going from your statement that he's "always injured" to this looks like you're crusading.

A strain is either a stretched or partially torn muscle

No. The people who are “crusading” are the ones claiming that he’s not always injured like they’re his agent or something. I love Milano and I think he’s in the top 2 or 3 best defenders we have. But you can’t sit there and tell me that he doesn’t spend more time on the injury report than anybody else on the team 

27 minutes ago, Mango said:

Games missed is only part of the picture. I think you have to take into account total snap count compared to the defense. I wouldn't put him in the healthy range at the moment. Career wise he is well under 50% of defensive snaps which should be a concern. I think his high water mark of 91% of snaps in 2019 is right about where McD would like to see him regularly. He is averaging almost right at 50% of that. Not great. 

Defensive Leader (Preston Brown)- Total Snaps- 1098

Milano- Total Snaps- 450 (41%)

Team Leader (Jordan Poyer)- Total Snaps- 1009

Milano- Total Snaps- 142 (14%)

Team Leader (Tremaine Edmunds)- Total Snaps- 981

Milano- Total Snaps- 894 (91%)

Team Leader- Total Snaps (Jordan Poyer)- 533

Milano- Total Snaps- 179 (33.5%)

Total Snaps- Team Leader- 3621

Total Snaps- Milano- 1665 (46%)

Mango, I believe some of your data are incorrect and/or it is not clear whether you are counting total snaps or only defensive snaps.

For example, for 2018, Milano played between a low of 71% and 100% of the defensive snaps.  He had 3 games where he played 100% and 3 games where he played 98% or greater.  Therefore, he can not possibly have played only 142 defensive snaps.  I think you made a mistake and used his ST snaps instead of his defensive snaps, but your other numbers do not include his ST snaps.  Your Total Snaps point will be off in consequence.

They also don't match the numbers from pro-football reference though the other numbers aren't off that much.

I'm kind of not sure what point you're trying to make by including the first half of 2017 when the guy was basically a ST'er.  He started to gain snaps through Nov and was named starter in Dec. in 2017.  They don't bear on the question of whether he was healthy or not - it simply wasn't his role to be a starter on defense for half the season.

7 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

No. The people who are “crusading” are the ones claiming that he’s not always injured like they’re his agent or something. I love Milano and I think he’s in the top 2 or 3 best defenders we have. But you can’t sit there and tell me that he doesn’t spend more time on the injury report than anybody else on the team 

I can, actually, because it isn't true.   If you think it is, Prove It.

He's not, in fact, always injured.  He played 100% of the defensive snaps in 13 games last year, 74% of another, and was pulled out of the final game as were many of the starters after only a few snaps.  That's simply not an "always injured" pattern. 

If you want to make either claim, back it up. 

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Kwai, I though I read a couple of years ago that, yes, of course you don't want a number of concussions, but that it is not the number of concussions as much as it is not getting rushed back.

Side note, this was interesting pertaining hits to the head and not concussions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/18/a-new-study-shows-that-hits-to-the-head-not-concussions-cause-cte/

"Well, duh, but still they are always going to be hitting their heads."

Yeah, the thing is I still think they can change this in the game on how they approach blocking...face and shoulders first.

Interesting....maybe I have hockey blended into my thought process.  Either way....the more you have the worse it will be in the long run - on that I think we can agree.  Since the nfl cares so little about the safety of it's "product" I see change, or whatever it is they choose to call it as a very slow moving train.  I sure hope that for Mitch's sake he errs on the side of caution versus ego.