Ed Oliver offered game advice with Dessert

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

So much for the notion that these guys are eating carefully coordinated meals prescribed by dietitians.

😂

Avoiding all tasty things usually ends up in a binge. Most dietitians usually agree that having anything in moderation is fine.

Plus, he's a dlineman...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

So much for the notion that these guys are eating carefully coordinated meals prescribed by dietitians.

😂

A lot of them do most of the time but honestly when you are that active you have to work hard to keep ON weight...

When I played soccer in college between that and working out at the gym I could not keep weight on....used to eat 3 plates full of food at dinner and it didn't matter...huge bowls of ice cream, pasta, breads...whatever I wanted, couldn't keep weight on...

Now imagine that times 5 and that is what most NFL players deal with.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

A lot of them do most of the time but honestly when you are that active you have to work hard to keep ON weight...

When I played soccer in college between that and working out at the gym I could not keep weight on....used to eat 3 plates full of food at dinner and it didn't matter...huge bowls of ice cream, pasta, breads...whatever I wanted, couldn't keep weight on...

Yep, like most guys I know (football players or not)... you spend the first 30 years of your life trying to gain weight, then the next 70 years trying to lose weight.

It's more fun trying to gain weight.

38 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

😂

Judging by Ed's Insta he may have his girl in town - date nite? 

DLmen and OLmen gotta eat eat eat all the time during the season to maintain their weight. 

Carb loading may also be a thing for these guys, I've not followed whether it's currently recommended or not

48 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

im trying real hard to imagine this. 😔 

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is so Buffalo though...let the guy enjoy a meal in peace, but just comp him a little special

if he looks sluggish Sunday we know who blame 

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Yea I remember talking to football players trying to keep a 7000+ calorie a day diet.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Yea I remember talking to football players trying to keep a 7000+ calorie a day diet.

My cousin played OG for Cornell back in the early 2000s.  He would tell stories about waking up at 5am most days to put down 7 or 8 peanut butter/fluff/jelly sandwiches before class and work outs.  Struggled to keep his weight up with all the exercise.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Avoiding all tasty things usually ends up in a binge. Most dietitians usually agree that having anything in moderation is fine.

Plus, he's a dlineman...

Agree. I think he will burn through that ok...and if he takes down Cam a few times along the way, it's all good.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is so Buffalo though...let the guy enjoy a meal in peace, but just comp him a little special

That’s the ugliest plate job I’ve even seen from a restaurant.  Looks like something was sacrificed on top of that slice. Gordon Ramsay would be most disappointed. 

Edited by Weatherman
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My cousin played OG for Cornell back in the early 2000s.  He would tell stories about waking up at 5am most days to put down 7 or 8 peanut butter/fluff/jelly sandwiches before class and work outs.  Struggled to keep his weight up with all the exercise.

Yeah I can imagine...I got down to 147 lbs at one point and looked like I was a concentration camp survivor my face was so thin.