Josh Allen on The Dan Patrick Show, 11:25am EST

Seasons1992

4 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

ProcessGuy17?

Out of curiosity I did check with an activision friend request and couldn't find ProcessGuy17 anywhere. ( just in case )

Probably be to obvious.  Josh would be getting harassed all the time. 

I would get a kick out of just watching him play. I bet he's really good 

Edited by Figster

I thought it was a great interview. Dan hit him in rapid succession on some questions and then made it personal and then went back to rapid succession finishing with comedy. Josh handled it all with aplomb. 

Really good stuff. There is zero reason to not love Josh and what he brings to the Bills. The ‘kid’ is a fighter, full of morals and a crazy strong right arm. 

I particularly liked the questioning about sliding/taking hits. We all know why Josh does it (in his mind, the team is on his back) and Dan pushed back. Also the discussion about when Daboll was blasting him on the sideline in year one: we finally definitively know why. 😃 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I particularly liked the questioning about sliding/taking hits. We all know why Josh does it (in his mind, the team is on his back) and Dan pushed back. Also the discussion about when Daboll was blasting him on the sideline in year one: we finally definitively know why. 😃 

Yeah, that stuff was good where Dan pushed back on the "sacrifice my body to help our team" stuff.

Nah, the anecdote Josh gave was in preseason or training camp.  Proehl was cut before the season started.  Josh obviously took it pretty coolly: "nothing to say, other than next time throw to the flat". But it may explain Daboll's comment "how about we just  try to get through this practice?" when Josh was speculating on whether he could throw it out of the stadium.

Daboll said something recently to the effect of learning to change how he interacts with people, and said spontaneously "I'm grateful to Josh...more than he knows".

I think that was a reference to Daboll's known habit of losing it and screaming at his QB for extended times (search Daboll Colt McCoy), which might have ruined a different QB but which Josh seems to have taken in stride.  Perhaps Daboll has learned there are more effective ways to coach then to turn red and scream for 5 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Thanks! I heard it this morning, but I liked it much better seeing the smile on Josh’s face. He sounded a bit uncomfortable but he looked like he was just having a good time with it. 

I guess I’m not ready to get in bed with peacock quite yet. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

5:26 anecdote about Coach Daboll Josh's first year.   Josh should throw to the flat, comes open, throws corner route instead, doesn't go well.

Daboll starts screaming in his helmet.  Looks over on the sideline, Daboll is bright-red and screaming, screams at him for 5 minutes, calms down, thinks about it, gets even angrier and starts screaming again.    "You can't turn the volume down in your helmet?" "No, unfortunately Not"

Note that Austin Proehl was waived before the 2018 season, so Josh is talking about a practice or a preseason game here.

Right answer:

"Is it tougher being a farmer or playing QB in the NFL?" "Farming, for sure!"

Wrong answer (1:20)

"What's the coolest thing in your house?"

JOSH!  JOSH!  JOSH!  I got to teach you EVERYTHING? 

should answer >>>>>>>>>>>>>"Without a Doubt, that would be my girlfriend Britt Williams, No question about it."

Do Not Miss giftwrapped opportunities for free Boyfriend Swag Points here.  Your Elvis poster?  Nothing against Elvis, but LAME!

Maybe he scored major swag points by not objectifying his girlfriend and referring to her as a “thing.” It is 2020, after all. 

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Maybe he scored major swag points by not objectifying his girlfriend and referring to her as a “thing.” It is 2020, after all. 

Mmmm, OK, objection sustained.  And definitely the right "after the fact" explanation.  But he could have finessed that I think.

Wonder who he was looking at off camera to his right when Dan Patrick hit him with the "who doesn't want Josh's Nuts?" line

• Haha (+1) 4

7 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Aware of his own flaws. Trying to improve.
Doesn't care about MVP or stats, just about the team winning.

That's leadership.

Its really easy to see why his teamates love him.

All of Bills nation for that matter. 

Josh Allen is a one in a Billion...

9 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah, was not a great interview, much more entertainment versus any real value added.  Josh is a smart guy, enjoyed his answers even to some non-sense.

That is what makes it interesting....why repeat the same stuff that you get with your daily reporting from  Buffalo....It was great to see Josh be cool and open himself up.   Great Kid. Hopefully one day he will bring the Lombardi home !

33 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yup.   Millenals think a lot differently (good)  than the previous generations.   

• Like (+1) 1