Sign in to follow this  
HappyDays

DE Everson Griffen is available UPDATE: Traded to Lions!

I'm not usually the type to push for trades but this makes too much sense. He has experience working with Leslie Frazier and obviously fills a need.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'm not usually the type to push for trades but this makes too much sense. He has experience working with Leslie Frazier and obviously fills a need.

If golden went for a 6th I’d say griffen is an easy sell for a 6th round pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Give a 3rd if they Take Murphy’s contract back. 

Edited by MAJBobby

Don't we have enough old, average DEs? He hasn't had double digits sacks since 2017. DT is much bigger need and getting a big guy in the middle will help us get more from the DEs we have. 

• Like (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

A 3rd for a player that is a FA and won’t get much back as a comp pick?  Idk man.  I agree that we NEED to make a move or two if we want to compete for a SB, but a third for him??  That’s nuts to me.  

I’d trade a 6th for him

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So his production is off quite a bit in Dallas.  Is that because he's making a "career decision" on a floundering team, or due to scheme, or ??

We could certainly use an edge rusher.  But I'm not sure he's the guy that McBeane be moving the draft picks for.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A 3rd for a player that is a FA and won’t get much back as a comp pick?  Idk man.  I agree that we NEED to make a move or two if we want to compete for a SB, but a third for him??  That’s nuts to me.  

I’d trade a 6th for him

Only way to fit a contract is to move a contract. So gonna pay more to remove a contract. 

14 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Can they guarantee the 2014-17 version of him?

No. But he had 8 sacks last year and I'm thinking he could be had for a 6th or 7th rounder. If they can take Murphy off our hands as part of it that's a bonus.

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Trent was with Washington I believe

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Only way to fit a contract is to move a contract. So gonna pay more to remove a contract. 

well, I really hope we don’t choose to move a 3rd rd pick for the current version of Everson Griffen.  Have you watched him play this year? 

At this point I think the bigger need is still at DT....need a large body to clog the middle and eat space, preferably thick thighed and good lateral movement as this will benefit Oliver, Edmunds and the pass rush in general.

• Like (+1) 2