Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Success said:

For any locals - has the weather forecast downgraded a bit? When I check the websites, it looks like they're now predicting the winds in the teens, with gusts up to 25 mph (about half of what it was a few days ago...)

No.  It's still rain with gusts near 40 mph.  Sustained winds of about 20 mph.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

At this point, we can pretty much count Buffalo home game weather as an extra DB - Gilmore is essentially replaced in the lineup by a cornerback named Fortymilesperhour Windgusts

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Mainly cloudy and breezy with a couple of showers

RealFeel Shade™42°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindSW at 17 mph

Wind Gusts24 mph

Probability of Precipitation69%

Probability of Thunderstorms20%

Precipitation0.22 in

Rain0.22 in

Hours of Precipitation3

Hours of Rain3

Cloud Cover92%

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The 20mph windspeed is just the prediction of the prevailing wind. That prediction doesn't account for wind gusts. 

Here's a site that I use in Los Angeles for sailing, and it's generally (at least, for LA) the most accurate I've found. it has the winds gusting to 36mph, and with rain? That's pretty brutal. 

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/buffalo

Its also because of the way it swirls in the stadium.  I heard talk on the radio that without fans in the stands the wind swirls even worse.

Something else to think about than just passing. Field goals become harder too or maybe it helps Mr. Wideright lol.  As well as kickoffs and punts.

31 minutes ago, Process said:

The weather is so frustrating. If it was normal weather I honestly think the bills would crush them by 3+ TDs. 

Its why I want a dome.  Some people hate that but the weather sucks and this isn't the 90's.  It doesn't give us any advantage.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its also because of the way it swirls in the stadium.  I heard talk on the radio that without fans in the stands the wind swirls even worse.

Something else to think about than just passing. Field goals become harder too or maybe it helps Mr. Wideright lol.  As well as kickoffs and punts.

Its why I want a dome.  Some people hate that but the weather sucks and this isn't the 90's.  It doesn't give us any advantage.

I was going to make a joke that the wind might have a 50/50 chance of correcting Newton's passes.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have their interior OL and run game 

Yep. And that combo has kicked our asses many times over the years. Bellyache knows how to scheme a running game against a team shown to be vulnerable up front. 

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

cant you just hear the announcers now: “against all odds, down 5 starters, coming off a brutal loss, and in 40 MPH winds, the pats pull off a huge win. What a testament to the genius of Bill bellichick.”

No, *****.  NO

• Like (+1) 1