Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

im starting to worry and ive been confident all season. 

McDermott used the whole "this is our biggest game of the season" spiel last week for the Jets game. I know the players know this is a super important game, but it worries me. 

Patriots know that their season is over if they lose to us this week.

The weather is gonna be real crappy and we haven't played well in crappy, rainy and windy games under McD with this roster. 

We are the FAR superior team in terms of talent. But I need my fears assuaged, anyone help me out here? 

That's because every game is the biggest game of the season to them. They don't prepare any different. That's a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Ask 30 GMs (leaving out Buffalo and Cleveland) right now and 30 GMs select Josh Allen #1 overall.  The off-the-chart measurables were never in doubt; they just didn't know if the accuracy "problems" were real or not.  Combine that with what we know about his intelligence, work ethic, and leadership?  Sorry, there is little question who GMs would take in a re-do.

You could be right.  On the other hand, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw were still opining that "a 50% completion QB is all he'll ever be" after the KC game.  I don't know how representative they are of opinion "inside the NFL" but they certainly do have some chops they know something about football.  There seems to be a substantial amount of "Let a Man Get a Reputation as an Early Riser and he may Sleep Until Noon" in the football world as everywhere.

At this point, the QB class of 2018 may be generally perceived as over-rated.  I think that the viewpoint on Josh Allen is changing around the league, but I think it's changing from "high ceiling dark horse who may or may not make it" to "possible he may become good, capable QB".  Please note that Belicheck usesThe "new shinies" are Murray, Herbert, and Burrow with Lawrence on the horizon.

I'm not just not sure about that 30 GMs thing.  But I think 30 NFL GMs seldom agree on anything, and much as I love Josh Allen and want him to be The Man, he's still maddeningly inconsistent.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

That's because every game is the biggest game of the season to them. They don't prepare any different. That's a good thing. 

well yes, but Im referring to McD saying to his team in the locker room post game "I told you all week, Men, this was the most important game of our season"

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They went into Seattle and that game was in doubt until the final minute. This will not be an easy game. NE knows if they lose they are done.

In more recent news..... their QB's also threw 4 ints last weekend and they got blown out at home.  They are a 2-4 team, can't score.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, P Riv said:

In more recent news..... their QB's also threw 4 ints last weekend and they got blown out at home.  They are a 2-4 team, can't score.  

I hope you are right and NE continues playing like crap and the Bills win big. I just think NE plays tough this week. They know its over if they lose. I expect the Bills to win a close game.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

well yes, but Im referring to McD saying to his team in the locker room post game "I told you all week, Men, this was the most important game of our season"

I think Josh will see this as a statement game for himself.  He knows he needs to beat them to remove the next layer of doubters.  Hopefully this will not result in pressing.  Take what NE give you and don;t force it.  Mix in a few timely runs and it is a high probability win for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Historically, Belicheck is masterful at correcting the problems that have shown up one week, before the next game.

17 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Yeah? And what were they shouting in their group thing at the end?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Historically, Belicheck is masterful at correcting the problems that have shown up one week, before the next game.

Yeah? And what were they shouting in their group thing at the end?

I dont know, what was it? 

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes he usually is but you can't fix something based on their talent on defense.  Its hard when they lose a bunch of guys on defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

And games against the Ravens and Rams, among others such as us again, the Cardinals and the Fish

I don’t see your point. No game is a guaranteed win, but the Jets are as close as you’re going to get this year and they have 2 against them. Not gonna split hairs about those other 4 you mentioned. 

Just now, Chemical said:

I don’t see your point. No game is a guaranteed win, but the Jets are as close as you’re going to get this year and they have 2 against them. Not gonna split hairs about those other 4 you mentioned. 

Seemed you are making the point the Patriots could still be in it because they have two easy games against the Jets, but even with those givens the rest of their schedule suggests they are already in too deep a hole to dig out of.

Just now, Bills fan since 87 said:

Seemed you are making the point the Patriots could still be in it because they have two easy games against the Jets, but even with those givens the rest of their schedule suggests they are already in too deep a hole to dig out of.

They are. You're point was just fine. Its probably just him that didnt get it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Do we have any DTs aside from Oliver who actually ARE practicing? This game is going to be all runs up the middle and screens to the flats by NE and it'll probably work against this D.

Zimmer, Phillips and thats it

Which is why im hopeful Butler/Jefferson will play, otherwise id guess we would have made a move?

43 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I think Josh will see this as a statement game for himself.  He knows he needs to beat them to remove the next layer of doubters.  Hopefully this will not result in pressing.  Take what NE give you and don;t force it.  Mix in a few timely runs and it is a high probability win for Buffalo.

10 guys around Josh that can't make the mistakes they've been making.  No TOs by the others.  No drops.  no whiffs on blocking assignments.  No movement on the line.  Etc.  There was a good article in the Athletic I read this morning detailing all of the individual errors our offense has had.  Way too many indivdiual mistakes.  I hope the O has addressed these.  Kinda embarrassing really, when you see it in print.

12 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I disagree. If those games are a given they are a half game behind us currently. Are you saying we are also in too deep a hole? Obviously not. Our schedule is toughest remaining in the league 

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I disagree. If those games are a given they are a half game behind us currently. Are you saying we are also in too deep a hole? Obviously not. Our schedule is toughest remaining in the league 

First, they 2 and a half behind us, not a half.  And how would we be in a hole if we are in first.  You are not making sense 

*edit, if you mean half because the jets are given (which, no game is ever given) those two games would still only bring them to 1 and a half dependent upon our results.

Edited by Bills fan since 87

20 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

lots of no practicing still - Cody Ford, Jefferson and Butler, Norman...hyde on the bike. Dont love it

Hyde, Cody Ford, and Josh Norman on bikes.  Good sign for Hyde of at least Stage 2, maybe 3.

Milano still in red "no contact"

I'm afraid we're not going to see the TE room back out here for another week due to "state and local regulations" on quarantine/isolation.

Just now, Bills fan since 87 said:

First, they 2 and a half behind us, not a half.  And how would we be in a hole if we are in first.  You are not making sense 

I said “obviously not” meaning that’s not true we are in a hole.

You want to count them out go ahead, but we still have to play them twice AND they play the Jetsx2 while we play SEA and SF, two decent teams they played already and split with. 

it could seem a lot different if the schedule were simply reversed. 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

You want to count them out go ahead, but we still have to play them twice AND they play the Jetsx2 while we play SEA and SF, two decent teams they played already and split with. 

NE lost to both Sea and SF, they did not split.

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Buffalo Rumblings tweeted that Hyde would need two consecutive days of practice in order to clear protocol, and hes not practicing today so he is OUT for sunday.

I swear we've seen players not practice until like Friday and get cleared to play after concussion protocol.  I guess if he is out, it's better that the coaches are certain of it earlier in the week than later in the week so the backup can get more 1st team reps.

15 minutes ago, Chemical said:

The Patriots won over Miami and Las Vegas (both teams we also beat)

18 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Buffalo Rumblings tweeted that Hyde would need two consecutive days of practice in order to clear protocol, and hes not practicing today so he is OUT for sunday.

I don't think Buffalo Rumblings is correct on this point.  We saw Hyde stretching and then later on a bike yesterday - that could be either stage 2 or stage 3.

We see him on a bike today - that could be anywhere from stage 2 to stage 4 depending upon what he does today when the reporters leave.  I think he could be limited on Friday and still be cleared. 

image.thumb.png.4c9f296c1b7ce72d900c70303ffd0c58.png

• Like (+1) 2