Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, buffalonian said:

I'm pretty sure they still have one open roster spot so they won't have to cut anyone to make room for Feliciano

That's what TBN reports:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/five-takeaways-from-mondays-bills-press-conferences/article_9c29d10e-17ec-11eb-b171-d325de86c2c9.html

1. Roster decisions loom this week. The Bills need to decide by Wednesday whether they are going to activate guard Jon Feliciano from injured reserve to the 53-man roster. Feliciano started practicing with the team Oct. 7, starting his three-week window to be activated. McDermott didn’t tip his hand in either direction, but it would be a huge surprise if Feliciano was not activated.

The Bills have one spot available on the 53-man roster after linebacker Tyrel Dodson was placed on injured reserve last week because of a hamstring.

If they are to be relied upon, they also place the decision date at Wednesday, not today (although, does "by Wednesday" mean "by 11:59 pm tonight"?

@YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Today is the Deadline for Feliciano.  He either has to be activated by 4pm or he reverts back to IR.

TBN says "The Bills need to decide by Wednesday whether they are going to activate guard Jon Feliciano from injured reserve to the 53-man roster."

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/five-takeaways-from-mondays-bills-press-conferences/article_9c29d10e-17ec-11eb-b171-d325de86c2c9.html

Any idea why the discrepency?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's what TBN reports:

1. Roster decisions loom this week. The Bills need to decide by Wednesday whether they are going to activate guard Jon Feliciano from injured reserve to the 53-man roster. Feliciano started practicing with the team Oct. 7, starting his three-week window to be activated. McDermott didn’t tip his hand in either direction, but it would be a huge surprise if Feliciano was not activated.

The Bills have one spot available on the 53-man roster after linebacker Tyrel Dodson was placed on injured reserve last week because of a hamstring.

If they are to be relied upon, they also place the decision date at Wednesday, not today (although, does "by Wednesday" mean "by 11:59 pm tonight"?

@YoloinOhio

Interesting - Sal said it is today because it is 21 days from the day he started practicing( 10/7) And the 21 days includes that day of 10/7. 

I really hope the Bills watched and learned from the 49ers-Pats game.

I know the Bills are the second most pass happy team in the league this year, and that's fine. But this is the week to practice what we preach with regard to Daboll's "each gameplan is a unique snowflake" statement.

I want to see the Bills come out with a diverse, multi-faceted run game, and I want them to lean on that run game and really get it going. The Pats have big, slow, thumping linebackers, who can absolutely be beat to the edges. I know our running backs aren't the fastest, but we saw a couple of times against the Jets that Moss can get the edge, and I know Singletary can. Heavy diet of sweeps and orbit actions from McKenzie and, for the first time this season, get other guys involved in that, too. 

In my mind, Josh Allen throwing the ball 40 times is not going to win this game. This is an old school special: Run the ball, protect the ball, play smashmouth defense, force their offense to make mistakes.

If we take care of the ball and run it with success, we win. If it has to be 100% the Josh Allen Show, I think we lose. Until proven otherwise, Josh has a hard time beating Belichick defenses through the air with consistency.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's what TBN reports:

@YoloinOhio

TBN says "The Bills need to decide by Wednesday whether they are going to activate guard Jon Feliciano from injured reserve to the 53-man roster."

Any idea why the discrepency?

One it counting the 7th (first day of practice).  Other is Not.  So I guess it just depends on if that first day of practice counts or not (I would think it does)

43 minutes ago, DDCC said:

I’m I read everything I can and share I have to believe Brown has recovered. I could be wrong

I just trying connecting dots and usually it bring you to a logical opinion 

@syhuang @thebandit27 @Scott7975 I did call it.  Though the hunting buddies haven't shown up yet in this thread:

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I just tweeted both of them in the same question.  Maybe I spark a fight between Buffalo Sports Reporters

We should loop in @john wawrow and @JoshBarnett

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Allen look terrible and force him into multiple turnovers, he played one of his worst games ever last year against Pats in Buffalo before getting injured.

Right which Allen credits as his "light bulb" game and he came back and nearly beat the Pats in Foxboro later in the season. The defense lost that game, remember? 

3 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Belichik knows Daboll very well and even if the Bills try to run the ball down the Pats throat early he's going to be ready for that and there is no proof we will be able to have any success anyway given how bad the teams we've faced the last 3 weeks were stopping the run as well.

What concerns me most about this game is that Belichik and McDaniels will show something on offense the Bills aren't ready for and on defense they have always made Allen look terrible and force him into multiple turnovers, he played one of his worst games ever last year against Pats in Buffalo before getting injured.

Only two things worry me in this game: 

1.) Belichick flustering and stifling Allen. He has done this more often than not throughout Allen's career thus far.
2.) Stopping the Pats offense on third down. Buffalo's 3rd down defense is atrocious this year.

These points bring me back to my original statement: Run the ball and take care of the ball. When on defense, find a way to get off the field on 3rd down. As Marv Levy would say: "It's simple, but it isn't easy".

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Right which Allen credits as his "light bulb" game and he came back and nearly beat the Pats in Foxboro later in the season. The defense lost that game, remember? 

No, we don't pay attention to that at all. It's meaningless. 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Only two things worry me in this game: 

1.) Belichick flustering and stifling Allen. He has done this more often than not throughout Allen's career thus far.
2.) Stopping the Pats offense on third down. Buffalo's 3rd down defense is atrocious this year.

These points bring me back to my original statement: Run the ball and take care of the ball. When on defense, find a way to get off the field on 3rd down. As Marv Levy would say: "It's simple, but it isn't easy".

Only one thing worries me; the Patriots running rough shod over our crap run defense. I’ve seen Bellyache scheme 200 yards plus with worse O lines against better Bills fronts. We don’t stop their run game, we have little chance, imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Belichik knows Daboll very well and even if the Bills try to run the ball down the Pats throat early he's going to be ready for that and there is no proof we will be able to have any success anyway given how bad the teams we've faced the last 3 weeks were stopping the run as well.

What concerns me most about this game is that Belichik and McDaniels will show something on offense the Bills aren't ready for and on defense they have always made Allen look terrible and force him into multiple turnovers, he played one of his worst games ever last year against Pats in Buffalo before getting injured.

That is a smart analysis.  Well done

4 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Yes and that was also a telling game considering the downward spiral the Pats were on the 2nd half of the season only able to beat the worst team in the league (Bengals) and Bills.

At the end of the day this HC is 0-6 against the Pats and Allen is 0-3 against them....Hoodie is a master of mind games and his effusive praise of Allen today is another way of him saying he's about to do what he's always done against him and this team sadly.

Moving the goalposts again. 

Beliechek has owned every single Bills head coach for 20 years, McD is no exception. I admit I have low expectations for Sunday. However, this is definitely our best shot in many moons, and I think McD and Allen will rise to the occasion. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Only one thing worries me; the Patriots running rough shod over our crap run defense. I’ve seen Bellyache scheme 200 yards plus with worse O lines against better Bills fronts. We don’t stop their run game, we have little chance, imo. 

Fair.

I think they play the Pats similarly to how they played the Titans: Sell out to stop the run and dare Cam to beat you. The Bills effectively limited Henry in that game. Obviously, Tannehill was able to beat them through the air. Cam, however, is not even in Tannehill's universe currently in the passing game, nor are the Patriots receivers anywhere near as good as Tennessee's.

Having Milano in the lineup and having Ed Oliver apparently back at full health will help. So will Pats guard Thuney missing the game.

• Like (+1) 4