PostGame Thread Bills @Jets.

Chandler#81

Just now, Penfield45 said:

5-2 means absolutely nothing 

this team hasn’t had a good game since week 4. New England will embarrass us next week. Can’t believe how some Bills fans are still optimistic after today 

Yes NE looks exactly like the 1927 Yankees.  I can't imagine how anyone could ever beat them.

There are still things to worry about for the Bills after today but:

It showed the difference Brown makes and when we get him back the O improves big time

Despite two misses the overall special teams played well today and most of the year really.  Roberts 100% gets a game ball today.

Moss emerged a bit today and Singletary was decent.  If that keeps up it will be a big plus.

Maybe we can get healthier on D although I think that is still and area for concern.

Just now, Penfield45 said:

One thing we can clearly say

Milano is the best player And most important player on this defense , not Tre White 

if Beane doesn’t pay him and brings in another bum for the panthers practice squad to replace him I wouldn’t be surprised 

Milano played what like 5 snaps today😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, y2zipper said:

Theist impressive part of today was the turn around from the first half to the second.

The defense definitely got right today.

Offensively, Josh stayed efficient, took what was given and controlled the game. I want a closer look at the penalty stats. My initial inclination is that it's rookies and backup guys getting whistled. I think the team definitely misses some of the regulars. 

off the top of my head, penalties were on:

Gabe Davis, Ed Oliver, Micah Hyde, Tre White, Justin Zimmer. 

No real pattern here. 

My take is that we played another shakey game but we’re good enough to win against a hapless team. 

The defense had a very poor start - bad run defense and no pressure.  Then they came on and played a great second half.  I wonder if McD took over the playcalling?   They could have choked after the penalty on 23 but instead they played better.  Finally got a big game from 55.  We need to get healthier on defense. 

The offense never punted.  Six field goals in eight attempts is an oddity.  Josh was inaccurate in the first half, forcing throws in traffic, and the fumble in the red zone.  Many bad penalties again, one nullified a TD.  On the positive side Josh was patient and more accurate in the second half.  Moss hit the holes fast and hard.  Beasley always seems to be open.  

Special teams had two penalties on punt returns.  Then Bass goes 6 of 8.  His second miss really hurt but overall he built some scar tissue mental toughness this week 

Pats* next week will be much tougher.  The Pats* game is huge and I can remember the last time we beat them in an important game.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Think everyone can clearly say this is NOT a playoff team with this schedule 

McDermotts days are numbered in Buffalo. He just isn’t a good coach. 

I disagree vehemently. 

Not a playoff team? Maybe. Time will tell. 

They're comfortably leading their division right now, though.

McDermott's "days being numbered"? Just outright silliness.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

Milano is the best player And most important player on this defense , not Tre White 

if Beane doesn’t pay him and brings in another bum for the panthers practice squad to replace him I wouldn’t be surprised 

Dude.  Tre White is playing hurt.  Milano should get paid commensurate with his good play combined with his lack of reliable health.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

I disagree White is pretty important as well