PostGame Thread Bills @Jets.

Chandler#81

Just now, vincec said:

I see him now. So then this should be a legal formation unless the TE was a lineman or something and had an illegal number.

Exactly. Hence a Phantom call. Taking a TD off the board. Happens so Much from “professional” Refs. Almost like someone was against the spread hmmmmm 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Think everyone can clearly say this is NOT a playoff team with this schedule 

McDermotts days are numbered in Buffalo. He just isn’t a good coach. 

Count me out on this.  

We still look like a top 5, 6, or 7 team in the rugged AFC.  We are 5-2 and lead the division so why apologize for that?   

McDermott is doing a fine job. I think we have less talent on defense this year than in the past.  We simply have not replaced players like Star, Lorenzo and Kyle.  We did not improve our defensive depth despite the many free agents that were brought in.  

Beane will not fire his coach and if the Pegula’s are dumb enough to fire McDermott he will get hired immediately and I suspect Beane would be sending out feelers too.  

I might remind you that Pittsburgh has had 3 head coaches since Chuck Noll  in the 70’s.  Three.  THREE.

Firing our coach would be immensely stupid. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I will take the win here, but this was just a horrible game against a historically bad team.  This was reminiscent of the 6-3 Cleveland game.  Ineptitude on both sides reigned supreme.

Counterpoint: The Bills played legitimately well in the second half.  Fantastic defense (with the disclaimer that it was against the Jets), and the offense controlled the ball.  Take away some red zone snafus and we're talking about how we put the game to bed in the third quarter.

If we want to count some positives out of that joke of a game:

-Special teams was excellent! Andre Roberts had solid returns and protected the ball. Tyler Bass made some long ones, and the clutch shot at the end, to seal it. 

-Our 3rd Quarter was decidedly unlike any 2020 Bills 3rd Quarter, in that we decided not to pop a slew of Zannies at halftime... we actually came out of the gates in the 3rd Quarter with energy.

-It took 26 quarters of football, but our defense is finally what the kiddos out there might term "woke". 

-My wife somehow decided not to leave me, after the excessive cursing fest I slung at the refs and our putrid red zone "offense"...

-Bills won. Titans lost. Go 49ers. On to New England!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

why are these coaches constantly playing guys out of position and not changing anything when it’s clearly not working ?

thats the big question. Bills Fans have been saying for weeks Oliver is playing out of position 

because Harrison Phillips has been BAD bad. You can’t run this defense with 2 three techniques. Can’t stop the run that way. You need SOMEONE at 1-tech and Oliver is probably your best option. The problem is that he’s a pro-bowl caliber 3 technique.

my issue with the coaching hasn’t been necessarily the Dline (I’m more frustrated with the player execution), but rather the lack of adjusting for clearly suspect pass rush by installing a more comprehensive and frequent blitz package.

seems like they did that today 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

If Folks who think the Bills will win 11 games are in a fantasy land of optimism, you're just as equally in a fantasy land of negativity saying they're a .500 team.

I'd rather be optimistic and enjoy the season than be pessimistic and miserable all the time.

But hey, you do you.

I don't choose to be miserable, the Bills already do that for me lol

I'd love to actually believe in this team for once but year after year they prove they are NOT a top team in the league. Realistically we should be up there with BAL, Pitt challenging KC but we are nowhere near those teams right now. The lack of talent Beane has brought here is alarming. I will say McD has already shown he can coach a top 5 defense so this is more of a FO issue with recruitment, we really lack talent on defense. 

7 minutes ago, vincec said:

I see him now. So then this should be a legal formation unless the TE was a lineman or something and had an illegal number.

Then the Ref should reset the WR. That is the point of them pointing at the Ref. But that was also Kroft on the end.

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

If they can beat NE then the Bills will be on the road to recovery. It's a big if though.

NE has 20 yards of offense with 2:00 to go in the first quarter.  SF is showing how to defend that offense.  Take note McD.

Allen didn't play bad today but man he has got to start being more consistent. He is a top 3 redzone QB in his career so today might have been a fluke game but moving forward he really needs to kick it up a notch and start guiding this team to victory like he did weeks 1-4

Just now, Nitro said:

NE has 20 yards of offense with 2:00 to go in the first quarter.  SF is showing how to defend that offense.  Take note McD.

They don’t have weapons. Maybe Edelman starts ahead of Beasley but other than that none of these WRs would start for Buffalo. Hell im not sure they even keep Gabe Davis off the depth chart 

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Sell out to stop the run. Newton has been pretty bad throwing the ball this season. 

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nelius said:

This Renfield dude...

I think it's actually "Penfold", Danger Mouse's anxiety-ridden assistant.

https://danmacgregor.fandom.com/wiki/Ernest_Penfold

Quote: "Penfold is Danger Mouse's trusty assistant. He is called "The Jigsaw" because every time he is faced with a problem he goes to pieces."

Sounds about accurate.

Screenshot_20201025-165208_Google.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Sounds nice, but there is no comparison between SF's defense and Buffalo's

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I think it's actually "Penfold", Danger Mouse's anxiety-ridden assistant.

https://danmacgregor.fandom.com/wiki/Ernest_Penfold

Quote: "Penfold is Danger Mouse's trusty assistant. He is called "The Jigsaw" because every time he is faced with a problem he goes to pieces."

Sounds about accurate.

Screenshot_20201025-165208_Google.jpgB

Obscure reference.  Love Danger Mouse!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Think everyone can clearly say this is NOT a playoff team with this schedule 

McDermotts days are numbered in Buffalo. He just isn’t a good coach. 

Yes, you are 100% correct. 

My calculations based on his contract extension he signed in August, Sean McDermott has 1,891 days remaining in Buffalo. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

Sounds nice, but there is no comparison between SF's defense and Buffalo's

Watching the game.  Nothing fancy.  Pass rush secures the outside and strong up the middle.  Force Newton to step up and pass.  Run defense is to anchor and let the LBs make the plays in the hole.